Rogue:
I had just finished my wings, when my cell rang. The caller ID read REMY. I sighed, “Hello?”
“Where are you Chere’?”
“About two days out.”
“Ok call me when you hit city limits.”
“Will do.”
I put the phone up. I sipped my tea Logan wasn’t paying me any attention, his forehead was crinkled in thought, I guess. So I studied his face, there was lines at his eyes. So he was older than I first thought. His eyes were brown and wild. There were scars scattered across his hands. “Can I help you?” I jumped, uh-oh. “Nope just staring in space trying to remember if there’s a hotel aroun’ here?”
He looked like he doubted me; he pulled out his wallet and laid down a twenty. “I can pay for my own meal thanks!”
“Consider it payment for the ride. Ready?”
“Sure let me get a to-go cup.”
I got my tea and we went to the car. As I followed him to the car, I noticed that he had biker boots, fitted jeans and a jean jacket on. ‘He’s got a nice ass.’ I was about to open the door when he asked, “Who was on the phone?” ‘Really? That’s just rude.’ I sighed, “This guy Remy his got a job for me.”
“OK.” He opened the door and got in. ‘what the hell was that about?’ I shook my head. “Where are we going now?”
“To a hotel. I don’t know ‘bout you, but am sleepy.”
He just nodded. It only took ten minutes to get to the hotel called Red Rose. I parked in front of the office. I got out with Logan right behind me. The lady at the desk looked bored. She was about sixty. “We need two rooms.”
She never looked up, “I got one.” Oh this was going to fun. “Ok.” He looked at me like I was crazy. I paid for the room. She handed me the key. We walked out of the office. “Take the key and go to the room, I’ll park the car.” I handed him the key, he got his bag and started walked to the room. I watched him for a few minutes.
I parked and grabbed my duffel bag and purse and walked to the room. The door was cracked. I heard the shower running. His bag lay on the bed closest to the door. I threw my bags on to the bed closest to the bathroom and sprawled across it. The bathroom door opened I sat up on my elbows. He stood there in only a towel, his muscles rippled as he moved, they looked slick and made me think bad things, and it was obvious that he was no push over. His dark hair was slicked back. ‘Oh God!’ I grabbed my duffle bag and walked past him, brushing him slightly, into the bathroom. ‘Damn! Where do they make them like that at?’