Author's Chapter Notes:
OOOOOOOOO SPLEA Love this chapter. Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest for helping me get lost in my story. Heart You Forever. Only Two More Months to go.
Month 7 September

Logan:

After the events of last month things had changed between Logan and the mother of his child, he recalled the scent of her fear and that he had felt her shaking. Once she had told him that they had threatened to inject her with something and she had gone willingly, he understood a little bit, but not before he saw red and he claws had slid out. He recognized her need to protect their son; he just didn’t understand why she didn’t do more to escape, or call for his help sooner. Thankfully, she wasn’t hurt and he felt ashamed that he could’ve hurt her. She had clutched his uniform in her small fingers until they got to the infirmary. Hank checked her out and gave her an all clear. Logan carried her up to their room where he drew a bath for them both. There was no way he was going to let her walk all the way up to their room after such a crisis. Once it was full, he stripped her slowly, gently because he didn’t want to scare her by being so urgent. Then he gave her a little show of her own, by crossing his arms as he pulled up his undershirt, so that she could take in his defined chest once he’d unzipped and taken off his uniform jacket. Logan caught her sucking on her lower lip as she watched him. He finished undressing, smiled, and took her hand before he helped her climb into the tub. Then he climbed in behind her…

‘Takin’ our rightful place,’ he thought out of the blue. He figured it was the animal. But was it his ‘rightful’ place? She wasn’t legally his… Sure she had his kid forming inside her womb, but once he was born, would she want to stay with him? In reality, there were doubts… She hadn’t said she loved him back and that was pretty major. After the boy was born, would she take off and go back to the Brotherhood? And if they threatened her again, would she stay? She leaned her head on his shoulder with her eyes closed. He set there and thought about their relationship which he thought was one-sided with him being open and her closed. He had said, ‘I love you,’ almost four months ago and hadn’t even gotten an, ‘I like you too.’ He sighed.

She opened her eyes and searched his face, “Logan.” He turned to look at her, Rogue’s eye always held him captivated. “I need to tell you something I should have told you sooner. I love you.” She nuzzled into his neck. Logan was in shock then and would be now whenever she said it to him. Now that she had declared herself there was no more tension between them. Whenever he thought of her now, the Wolverine would say, “She said it back. Now ask her.” Marriage had seriously begun to weigh on his mind a few days after he’d confessed his love for her and considering it had been an interesting notion; after all she was the mother of his child. He only wanted her, now no other woman compared. None was as strong, brave, smart, or beautiful; no other character in another female compared anymore.

He still drank and smoked but not as much as he used to. He only went out when Rogue had said she had enough of him hovering. When he came home she was in his bed and would cuddle up with him as he got comfortable. On overnight missions he missed her and most of the time he couldn’t sleep. Sometimes he would call her. He was a goner, she had him in the palm of her hand and if she ever decided to close that hand she would crush him. When she talked to other men now he wasn’t jealous because he knew she was his. The other night Rogue had defended him to Scott, hell she took his side even though he was wrong.

That had settled it; he was now looking for an engagement ring. He stood inside a jewelry store with Kit and JuJu. He was looking for something unique, something that would stand for him and Rogue. He thought about it as he looked at different cuts and colors with different bands. “Hey Logan, what about dog tags?” Logan thought about this and remembered she had a set of her own that he had only seen once and that was by accident. They had both of her names, code and personal, her serial number, power, and blood type. They were hidden in the back of her drawer in a pair of socks, it was clear she hadn’t wanted him to find them. “No, I think a little more traditional but still unique.” He walked down the counter a little more when he saw it. A large diamond rested in the center of two bands of smaller cut emeralds. The emerald color reminded him of her eyes. He called over the sales lady, “Can I see that one? What is the band made of?” The sales woman pulled out a card and read, “Adamantium. It’s really rare.”

‘I guess the government doesn’t have the market on adamantium anymore,’ Logan thought as he picked up the small ring and studied it carefully.

“I’ll take it.”

He got back to the mansion and found her sitting outside by the pool with Hank. She wore a tank top and a pair of cotton shorts. Rogue and Hank were talking about the harmfulness of her sitting out in the sun and Hank was losing. Logan laughed to himself, not wanting to disturb the verbal sparring just yet. Hank lost their arguments all the time. You would think Hank would learn that the woman was stubborn and got her way all the time. “Go away Hank, I have sunscreen on. Don’t worry.” Hank gave up and walked away and he figured it was safe to move in. “When is he going to learn?” She asked as she smiled up at him. “Hi.” “Hi,” he set down where Hank had vacated. “How are you?” She was smiling he couldn’t see her eyes behind her sunglasses, “Better.” When he didn’t say much more than that he heard her ask, “Logan, are you ok? You seem distracted.” “I’m fine, what ‘bout you?” She rolled her eyes and he realized he’d already asked her how she was.

She rubbed her belly, “Your son is a freaking ninja. That reminds me, we need to talk about names. I know you don’t want him named after you so now we have to come up with something not wussy as you put it. I was thinking maybe Cristian, Lafayette, Noel, or maybe Remy.” She was waiting for a reaction and Logan wasn’t going to give in. “Nope. Pick something else.” She sighed, “How ‘bout Brody Jensen Lee?” He laughed out loud, “That’s very southern don’t you think?” She shook her head, “Nope it’s just right, after all, his mama is from the Deep South.” Logan stood up and extended his hand for her which she took pulling herself up. “I’ll think about it, until then think of other names.”

“Whatever.“ He watched as she waddled away or that’s what she said she did, “I feel like a Wibble Wobble.” He shook his head the woman was starting the ‘I’m fat’ phase and he had to prove she wasn’t.
Although Kitty and Jubes weren’t helping the matter much… Especially Jubes. She almost died the other day at the end of Rogue’s fingers, when she said and I quote, “Whoa, you’re huge. How can your belly stretch anymore?” The look on Rogue’s face clearly said death and he had to run interference until Jubes could get out of the room. Oh and Jean wasn’t helping either. He had overheard her talking to Scott, “When we have kids, I hope I don’t get that big.” That one he let follow its course, Jean was now afraid to say anything or even be in the same room with Rogue. To Logan she was just right and to Hank she hadn’t gained enough weight but Hank refused to be the one to tell her.

He thought about the ring in his pocket, it would have to wait right now. He needed to prove that she was just right for him and that it didn’t matter what everyone else thought.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok Review. PS DO NOT STEAL MY BABY'S NAME that is my future son's name. Brody is from OneLiveToLive. Jensen is Jensen Ackles from Supernatural/DarkAngel/BloodyValentine/GuidingLight. Lee is my great-uncle who I thought of as a father. I know it's weird don't judge me. LOL Happy Reading.