Author's Chapter Notes:
Month Five. Thanks once again to the amazing WolvieDoesItBest.
Logan:

Month 5 July

I’m still mad at her about the, ‘that’s my swamp rat’ thing, but with her sitting at the kitchen counter looking so depressed I let it go. Her hand was under her chin and she was rubbing her belly. I just got back from a mission and I really wanted a shower, but she took precedent over everything. She sighed as I leaned in the doorframe, “Hey darlin’ you okay?” She turned to look at me and nodded. I walked over to her and could see the glass of Orange Juice in front of her. I smelled Hank. She finally took in the all of the scents of me and the dirt, burned areas of my uniform, “Are you OK? Maybe you should go get a shower and then bed.” She gave me my excuse but I didn’t make to move.

“Yes, mother hen, I’ll get right on it,” I teased to lighten the dark mood she was in. At least I got a smirk out of her.

I knew I looked bad but I didn’t give a shit. Battle wasn’t pretty and regardless of how I looked, I knew I needed to be here with her, no matter what she said or did. I watched as she picked up her glass and drank. I thought about what the swamp rat said to me the other day when I caught her and Scott on the couch watching a baseball game. “Let Remy tell you something Logan. Rogue, when she starts getting close to someone, she pushes them away. It’s defense. She’s putting up barriers, you scare her Logan. Don’t let her.” He walked off after that. The rat was right, I had to tear down those walls or there’d be hell to pay later. For a second, I wondered if she wouldn’t push me away if she saw that my self-imposed walls were down.

She finished off her Juice; I grabbed her hand and pulled her up stairs. She hated it when I carried her, said it made her feel useless. I sat her on the bed, “I’m going to get a quick shower then we’ll talk.” She sighed. It was a sigh of frustration but at what? I turned the shower on and peeled off the ruined uniform. I was standing under the spray when I felt hands. They slid under my arms and delicate fingers moved up my chest. I growled as she rubbed her hands down my chest and abs. I felt her stomach pressed into my back and her head gently placed between my shoulder blades. Suddenly, I knew what was wrong with her. God love the woman.

Her hand went lower and I decided that it wouldn’t be enough. I turned to her. She stood before me a goddess, her body was my heaven and I could get no higher. I bent to kiss her. She smiled. “Are you okay or do you want to sleep instead Logan?” That wasn’t fair at all with her standing naked before me and my body almost screaming for sleep. She moved closer and looked up at me. The look on her face was all I needed to decide, to hell with sleep. “I’m good, what about you? I don’t think this is going to be a comfortable position.” She lightly ran her hands up my arms, “I’ll be fine.”

Once I was thoroughly clean and we lay in bed, “Tomorrow we get to find out if we’re having a little boy or girl.” She sounded so excited I just had to grin. “Can’t wait.” She seemed more relaxed as she moved as close as she could get with her belly in the way. I felt something hit me in my thigh and looked down at her stomach. Then quickly back up to her face, “Did you feel that?” She bit her lip and nodded. I placed my hand over the spot my child was kicking. I couldn’t believe it. This made it even more real for me. I fell asleep feeling my son or daughter kicking Marie.

I woke up when Marie started moving. I heard her sigh and felt her sit up. I knew that either she was in pain from last night or just uncomfortable from being pregnant all together. I looked at the clock it was 9 o’ clock in the morning at least we had gotten some sleep. I put my hand on her belly, it was our morning routine. I kissed her, “Rough morning?” She shook her head, “Nothing out of the normal. You need to get dressed our appointment is at 10.” I stood up and heard her mumble something about the fairness of the situation. I just shook my head as I dressed in jeans and a black T. I sat and watched as she pulled on a pair of boy-cut underpants, and then jeans that hung low on her hips. As she pulled on a simple white T, I had to ask, “What no bra?” She rolled her eyes at me, “I’m too tired to find a bra right now.”

I stood up. I couldn’t let her out of the room like that. Do you know how many boys would end up dead? A lot. I pulled a sports bra out of my dresser drawer that she was sharing in my room. I had Jubie and Kitty move some of her stuff into my room while she was recovering in the Infirmary. I helped her as she pulled her shirt off, helped her put the sports bra on, and then her shirt back on. By the time I was done she was pissed. She stomped from the room. I followed grinning; it was fun to make her mad. Sometimes it led to make up lovin’ in my room. We ended up in the breakfast room; she was standing at the buffet line rubbing her belly. I noticed she did that a lot, mostly when her emotions were running high. I picked up a plate, started piling food on it, and once I loaded Rogue’s up as well, I pulled her to the teacher’s table.

“How are you this morning?” She smiled and said, “Better than yesterday Scott, thanks for asking.” I glared at him, he had the decency to shift and look away. She ate while her and Storm talked about what Kitty and Jubes were planning for the shower. I kept an eye on the clock as I leaned back and looked at Marie, ‘You should make it official Logan.’ I sighed; Wolverine was pushing for the big M… Marriage. I looked at the scar on her neck, if you glanced at it, it looked like a discoloration but in truth it was teeth marks. ‘Wasn’t that enough?’ I knew the answer, no; we wanted her to stay even after the baby could no longer make her stay.

I glanced at the clock; we had five minutes to get to the lab. I stood, Marie followed. When we got to the lab Hank was setting up. I helped Marie onto the table. She had a death grip on my arms, “Breathe, just breathe.” She nodded and laid back. Her hand found mine, “Okay, I’m ready whenever you are.” Hank nodded and sat on a stool. He moved closer to her, “We talked about this the last time you were here. Have you decided whether or not you will allow me to run the test?” She looked at me. We had talked about it. I didn’t want it, but she did for reasons I didn’t know. We had argued for days about it. She won with, “It’s my body and I say what goes and what doesn’t.” I wasn’t happy about it.

I nodded at Hank, “Yeah, but I don’t like it.” He nodded, “Well let’s see if you’re going to have a son or daughter. Then we’ll take a sample of the amniotic fluid.” Hank pulled on his gloves as Marie pulled her shirt up. “Rogue, before we begin… No more jeans buy some maternity clothes. Last time I’m telling you.” “Fine.”

Hank picked up a bottle out of some contraption and squirted some weird looking blue gel on her belly. For a second I was reminded of Senator Kelley’s last visit to the school. Yeah, I got to see the anti-mutant numb nuts before he died. I’d like to say I was glad he passed, but, I’m glad he’s gone.

“Ooh, that’s nice and warm,” She spoke before her face suddenly winced a little and I wondered if my kid was kicking again. Hank picked up the wand and began to run it over her belly, back and forth, probably searching for something. “The baby is being very evasive today. I guess I shall look over here. A-ha, here we are.” Hank pointed to the screen. “Well congratulations my friends, it’s a boy.”

I looked down at Marie who was staring at the screen. Tears ran down her face, “You ok?” She nodded. I could tell she was in shock, “It’s a boy. I should’ve known.” She laughed. “Do you want a print of the sonogram?” I cleared my throat, “Hell yes.” Hank laughed and printed two copies out. He was cleaning the gel off her belly. I felt uneasy as Hank brought over a metal tray. He looked for a spot that wouldn’t hurt the baby with the elongated wand and stopped. Then he picked up a package containing a sterile alcohol pad used in injection preparation of the skin and ripped it open. He rubbed the alcohol pad on the spot that he had chosen and tossed the small white square to the metal tray. Next, he picked up another packet that contained some weird looking dark reddish brown stuff and rubbed that on the location as well.

“What’s that Doc?”

“Polyvinylpyrrolidone and iodine. It is a broad spectrum antimicrobial activity that I use as an antiseptic to make sure her skin is clean.”

Then he picked up the elongated wand, held it in the fingers of one hand, and then picked up the needle. Marie’s face was pressed into my hip. I could smell her fear and I wanted to stop it but it’s what she wanted.

After Hank was finished, “Bed rest for the next two days ok?” She nodded, “Of course. Is it ok for me to walk up stairs or does Logan need to carry me?” “Walking is fine.” She nodded and looked at me, “Can you give me and Hank a minute? I need to talk to him for a sec.” I didn’t like it but I left.

She came out smiling from ear to ear. She walked to me standing on her tippy toes and kissed me, “Thank You.” I was in shock. “For what?” “Our son.” She picked up my hand and placed it on her stomach. “My safety. For everything.” I shook my head, “No need. Let’s get you to bed.”
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review.