Author's Chapter Notes:
Major thanks to WolvieDoesItBest who helps to develop the story. I might have to add her as Co-author. Much appreciated. Heart You Forever!
Logan:

They had moved her to a regular room. Remy had told Hank that she shouldn’t wake up in the med lab, “You do not want Le Chér to wake up down here. If you like your lab you will move Le Chér. Remy remember the last time she woke up in a place like this.” He shivered. Hank moved her to the guest wing. I slept outside her door for three nights. Jean finally convinced me to go to breakfast. But I changed my mind last minute. Ororo offered to get me a tray before she went down to breakfast and I accepted. I had finished my food when I suddenly smelt the metallic notes of blood. I stood up, put the tray on a nearby antique table, and walked back to her door. I rushed in not waiting for a request to enter because I was afraid something might have happened to the baby and Rogue. ‘If the kid truly was mine, I had a right to be concerned as a father-to-be, didn’t I?’ I looked down at the floor and saw drops of blood. I followed the trail with my eyes and my body followed. I found her dressed and standing at the bathroom door. She was bent over with her hand over her stomach. Her breathing was ragged but I didn’t sense pain. I smelt the rage-inducing pheromone I associate with anger.

I walked over to her; I had pushed my own anger down with my concern for her welfare and the baby’s. “Rogue, you okay?” She laughed and shook her head, “No, I feel sick to my stomach and every step closer to the bedroom door I feel like I’m going to pass out. And I DO NOT PASS OUT.” I looked at her face and saw the panic there but I started to get mad. ‘Why the hell was she tryin’ to leave?’ I picked her up and she didn’t even fight me but spoke, “Do not put me back in that room I was in with all that medical crap, Logan.” I just nodded and took her to my room.

I laid her on the bed. She relaxed a lot. I saw the tension leave her body. “Where are you bleedin’ from?” She raised her hand and I saw where she had pulled the IV out of her hand. I was really pissed now. I even gave her my annoyed scowl before I sulked into the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit. I went back to her. She was rubbing her stomach and mumbling about stupid people. Something about how she still owed a debt. Mommie was tired of fighting with people and why couldn’t Victor be reasonable. Her eyes were closed when I sat on the bed next to her. “Because Victor is an ass and you owe him nothing because he put you in danger the other day. If he wants to collect I’m sure we can come to an agreement.”

She was watching me closely now as I cleaned and bandaged her hand. As I finished taping it she asked, “Where did you get all this patience from Logan. I know you’re mad, but you’re holding back. Why?” She was sitting up now our faces only a few inches apart. I sighed. “May I?” I asked for permission and she nodded. I placed my hand on her belly, “I had to. While you were out I wanted to ask so many questions but Remy said that he didn’t know any more than he’d already said. Which, by the way, isn’t much and I’m goin’ to be a father, patience is required.” She placed her hand over mine on her stomach and looked me in the eye, “Ask me anything you want Logan. I’m ready to answer them.”

I knew she was telling the truth because for the first time I truly smelt her and the baby. I heard the rapid heartbeat of a growing baby and Rogue’s slower, stronger one beating steadily in her chest. I listened to that when I slept outside her door and I felt my heart swell. I loved this baby already and I was falling for the woman carrying it. “Why didn’t you tell me and how did you hide it?” She nodded as she leaned back against the headboard.

“I thought I was protecting myself and the baby. I mean, I didn’t know how you would react and then there is Stryker and Magneto. But Victor figured it out. By the way, he didn’t smell the baby either. He found the test. The reason you can’t always smell me or the baby is because I had to learn how to turn off certain hormones when I couldn’t hide the fact I was pregnant any longer.” I could tell that the reason she knew how to do this was not a good thing. “Did I answer your questions clearly?” I nodded.

I climbed in beside her and leaned up against the headboard. We laid there for a few moments when she turned toward me. I didn’t like the look in her eyes, “Are you still having that thing with Jean?” I looked at her and growled, “Why do you want to know?” “Cause I want to know if Scott is a free agent.” Now I was really pissed, even if Jean and I had a thing, Rogue still wouldn’t touch Scott. Even if killing him was the only way to stop it. She was mine and mine only. “No, Jean and I don’t have a thing. Never really did. It was flirting.” “OH, yeah sure, I saw you kiss her.” Did I sense jealousy? “I was mad Rogue.”

She suddenly sat up and folded her legs Indian style, watching me, “Why were you mad?” “I was mad because I couldn’t have what I wanted. Before you ask, I wanted you but you acted like you didn’t want me.” She looked stunned and then opened, and closed her mouth, “You’ll catch flies like that.” I smirked. She hit me on my leg and it was like she had started a fire. I put my hand on her neck pulling her close. I kissed her. She didn’t pull away, she leaned in to it. I pulled Rogue into my lap. She straddled me and was running her hands over my chest. I heard her moan. I pulled away while she whimpered, “How old are you, Rogue?” She was leaning her forehead against mine, “Marie.” I smiled, “Marie, how old are you?” She pulled away.

Rogue, No, Marie sighed, “You don’t want the answer.” I knew I didn’t but I needed to know. “Tell me anyway, Marie.” Marie looked me in the eye. I could smell her arousal and saw hesitation but I knew I would be getting a truthful answer. “Seventeen.” It hit me harder than I thought it would. She was only seventeen but she had been through so much. “I’ll be eighteen when the baby is born if that helps.”

I saw the way her expression changed. She must have seen something on my face. Suddenly, she was retreating and tried to get up off of me but I pulled her back down, “It doesn’t. You’re an adult, not because of your age but because of what you’ve been through. We’re okay Marie.” She nodded, “Um don’t call me Marie in front of other people please.” I laughed, “Okay, whatever you want baby.” I kissed Marie and pulled her shirt over her head. She was biting her lip as she pushed my shirt up. My voice was husky, “What?” She kissed me and started working on my belt buckle. I grabbed her hands, “What?” “You don’t feel guilty that I’m ‘underage’?”

“I don’t give a damn.” I pushed her hands over her head. I placed my face in the valley of her breasts. ‘This could get very interesting later on when her breasts start swellin’ with milk for the baby.’ I thought. The animal approved and I growled as I placed my warm lips to the flesh between her mammary givers of life. I let go of her hands and wrapped my arms around her. I moved her onto her back, unbuttoned her jeans as I laid her on her back. Damn she was a sight. I pulled her jeans down and saw that her stomach was no longer flat. It was extended enough to show only when she was naked. I placed kisses over her stomach and made my way up. I caught her lips and was in the process of kicking my jeans off when there was a knock at the door. I smelled the Yellow Freak-a-zoid. ‘Shit.’ I growled and she laughed. I raised an eyebrow at her, most women got scared when I did that while kissing them.

“LOGAN.” Pause. “LOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.” Jubes could be a major pain in the ass sometimes, “WHAT?” “You don’t have to rude. Have you seen Rogue? Gambit is looking for her.” “Yes, she’s fine.” “How do you know? She’s not in her room.” I was looking down at Rogue/Marie, her green eyes were bright and felt like home. “Well let’s see Ju-Ju, The mother of my child is missing and I’m not rushing anywhere. My door is locked and I’m in a good mood.” “Oh, well…” ‘Wait for it…’ “OH, OH MY GAWD!” ‘The nickel dropped.’ “Hi Rogue. Wait, what do I tell Gambit?” “I don’t care what you tell that, Son-of-a-bitch.” Rogue hit me in my chest, “Jubes, tell him I’m ok and I’ll find him later.” I could see a little glare of anger in her eyes. “Okay, but if he asks what you were doing, I’m telling…” I heard Jubes walk down the hall. “What?” She was moving away. I stopped pinning Marie’s arms above her head, “Is it because I called Remy a, Son-of-a-bitch? Marie, darlin’, I’m very possessive and hearing that another man is lookin’ for you raised my hackles. Sorry.” I kissed her and pushed my hips down rubbing across her. I watched as she arched and moaned. I slid a claw out and cut her underwear off.

I’ve waited so long for this. I pushed in to her. She rose up to meet me. She matched me thrust for thrust. Her hands pulled me closer as I nibbled on her neck. I wanted to mark her with my teeth. ‘Just do it,’ I heard Wolverine say. I did. I tasted her blood on my tongue. I was sure she’d freak but just cried out instead, “OH GAWD LOGAN DON’T STOP.” Hearing Marie say my name spurred me on. Her finger nails were digging in to my back, I could tell she was close to edge. I slowed my strokes and caused Marie to whimper. My breathing was ragged and so was hers. Damn, I just wanted her to say my name one more time but the sound she made and the look on her face made me feel guilty. “Logan, please.” I started my stroke up. Her nails went down my back and I smelled my blood. Feeling the pain in my back and pushed me over. “OH GAWD LOGAN.” Her muscles were milking me. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

Sometime later, I made to pull out but she whimpered. I realized then I had hurt her. I pulled out watching her face. I relaxed on my stomach beside her, my heavy adamantium-laced arm draped across her stomach. I worried it might be too heavy so I moved it away. “Sorry.” She shook her head at me and moved her body before she placed her forehead against mine. “I’m okay Logan. I promise.” She cuddled up against me. It felt better to wrap my arm around her with the baby close between us. I wondered what it would be like, sleeping this way when the baby started to kick, signaling to his or her mama and daddy that they were getting a more comfortable position to sleep in. I knew what she said was true but I still felt guilty. She picked up her hand which had blood under the nails. “I should be the one asking if you were ok.” “Yeah I’m ok. I heal ‘member?” she nodded.

“Hey Marie?” “Yeah.” “I love you.”
Chapter End Notes:
Please review.