Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you WolvieDoesItBest for the addition.
Wolverine:

Nothing could ease the pain, not drinking, not smoking, not even fucking. The kid was under his damn skin. There was nothing he wanted more then to have her in his life, nothing. He had started to flirt with Jean again to push the kid away and I didn’t like it. He had all these reasons and they were all bullshit. He was being pulled toward her and he refused because he had separated us from her so he could be normal. Rogue was our mate and Logan knew but he was trying to keep his honor. Well I thought Honor and Pride be damned. I felt his fear of letting someone in because the last time she had took away his life and memories. It was Logan who had crawled from her bed not me. I was fighting him and if that dumbass Professor had minded his own damn business I would be with my girl, the one that Scooter had come home smelling like the other day. For the first time in a long time, I won cause Logan thought he had lost and was shutting down. I grabbed Boy Scout and threw him against the wall. Through clenched teeth I asked, “Why the FUCK do you smell like Rogue?”

He smiled at me and said, “It’s not nice is it? For another man to be messing with your girl is it?” I slammed him into the wall causing him to hit his head, “I’ll KILL YOU.” He shrugged, “Logan, she works at a book store. I asked her for help, that’s it.” It took a lot for me to let that prick go but I did. He fixed his shirt and was leaving the kitchen, “By the way she’s hot dressed like a Librarian.” I growled and he took off up the stairs.

Two Days Later………..

I followed Scooter when he left. He went into a bookstore and a few minutes later him and Rogue walked out. I felt my heart stop, ‘where were they going together and why was she handing scooter her keys?’ I saw red, HE was with my mate, HE was making her smile, HE was eating with her. I thought I was going to kill him right here right now, but Logan was reasoning with me. He was telling me if we killed Scooter it wouldn’t win us any brownie points. ‘Fine Logan, but we will have our mate.’ He didn’t argue with me and we watched them finish lunch. I followed them to the mansion. He pulled out his phone and I heard him ask for her cell number which she gave with no hesitation. I felt pieces of my heart breaking off and dying. ‘This is your God Damn fault Logan. If you had claimed her the other night like I said, she wouldn’t be with Scooter.’ I felt his shame and embarrassment because he finally understood how Scooter felt. I wanted to be rid of it the emotions ‘The only to do that is to apologize to Scott.’ ‘Shut the fuck up Logan.’

I watched as Scooter walked up to the door as he opened the door he turned and waved at Rogue, who smiled. I felt like I was on fire she pulled out and I followed her to her apartment. She made it up stairs before me. When I made it to her floor, I stopped in my tracks. I smelt Sabertooth and I knew how she felt about him or at least I thought I did. I stood beside the door:

“What do you want Victor?” she sounded as if she was tired.

I heard the smile in his voice, “Come on Marie. You know why I’m here. You were so close to being free but no you let your humanity get in the way once again.”

“Yeah well, I’m not you so get the fuck out and tell Stryker he can go to hell.”

“I’m not here on his behalf. Eric would like to make a proposition.”

“Oh yeah? What if I come back, he promises not to use me as a battery? Or he promises not to allow anyone to hurt me?” Rogue laughed.

“No, well yes to both but he would protect you from Stryker and so would I. Marie.” I heard him stand and move. “We will also protect the child.”

What child? Rogue had a child?

“No, Victor I can’t. I would do anything but that. I will not be used again by anyone.”

“No Marie. We only require that you use your powers every now and then as payment for safety. Nothing that would harm you or the child, I swear on my love for you.”

The room was silent for a long time longer then I would have liked.

“Do you promise Victor?”

“Yes, yes I promise.”

My world melted she had made her choice and if Logan and the Professor and all the stupid ass X-Men weren’t so hung up on honor we would be happy and we would be the one protecting her.

One Week Later………

Logan:

It took three days for them to find and pull me out of the bottle. Two days for me to sober up and become the Logan everyone knew. One day for the Wolverine to turn his back on me.

We were suiting up to fight the Brotherhood. We had Intel that they were going to steal some information about collars that would suppress mutations. Gambit had come back to the mansion; Jubes had called him for back-up. I glared at him from my locker. Never liked him and now I knew why he was a traitor, but to who? We made our way to the Blackbird. Gambit was wise not to sit anywhere near me. We landed about ninety minutes from takeoff. We got off the jet all of us had broke up into pairs, Jean with Scooter, Kitty with Pete, Jubes with Bobby, Storm with Gambit, and me with Kurt.

We scouted the lab the guards and doctors paid us no attention, they knew we were here to protect them. All of a sudden the alarms went off and a guard ran up to us, “How did they get past us and you? Follow me.” We did he lead us down two halls to an open space. Kurt and I looked at each other. In front of us were the major players of the Brotherhood: Sabertooth, Pyro, Quicksilver, Avalanche, Mystique, Scarlett Witch, Toad, Blob, Boom Boom, Havok and Rogue. My heart sank as the other X-Men filed in. Why was she here? She stood behind Sabertooth and she wasn’t in a uniform which was strange to me.

Mystique walked forward, “We don’t have to do this. Let us get what we have come for and we will leave.” I growled, “Not going to happen.” Sabertooth was the first to move he leaped at me and I lost track of everyone else. My claws slid out unhindered and effortlessly. I wanted his blood for taking want was mine. I don’t know how long we tore at each other but I heard Mystique say, “We have it let’s go.” Sabertooth kicked me in the ribs, “Next time runt.” They all were walking away. I smelled blood and looked around at my team mates and then across the room. Rogue stood there looking for something or someone. I saw her face pale; she ignored whatever Sabertooth had said to her, and took off running toward us. Was she crazy? She avoided Scooter and Bobby. She stopped and kneeled. I moved forward to look at what she was looking at. Gambit laid on the floor, bleeding and I could tell it was hard for him to breathe. I heard Sabertooth swear and he yelled across the room, “Stay, but remember where you belong.” She nodded as she pulled her jacket off and placed it behind Gambit’s head. Jean walked over and started to exam how bad it was. We now surround them.

I heard her say, “Remy you just can’t keep the women off you can you?” He laughed and coughed up blood. “Rogue, I’m sorry.” She shook her head at him, “Don’t. You’ll be okay.” He was shaking his head and said, “No, I’m not and you know it. I love you Rogue, always have always will. You’re family. Had to come find you.” His eye lids were drooping. She was holding his hand while hers were covered in blood, “I love you too Remy. I’m the one who should be asking forgiveness not you.” “I forgive you of all your sins and so does the guild.” Rogue was crying and she kissed his hand. When she looked at Jean her eyes were desperate, “Can you save him?” Jean looked at his wounds then his face then Rogue’s, “I can try. We need to get him to the jet. Logan.” Both women moved so I could pick him up.

She followed and I admit I was surprised. I laid him on a gurney. She sat across from him and buckled up. Her eyes never left him as we went to the front, Jean stayed behind to watch him and slow the bleeding. No one said anything. When we got to the mansion, Hank was there and he moved him to the med bay. Rogue followed. We stood there watching the doors waiting. Then Jean took off for the doors. Something was wrong; we stood in the door way while they tried everything. Hank spoke, “There is nothing we can do. I’m sorry.” Hank was speaking to Rogue. She looked at the monitor, “Can I have a second with him? Please?” Hank and Jean nodded. We left them alone.

It had maybe been only be a few seconds when Gambit’s voice shouted, “ROGUE!” We all ran for the door. Rogue laid on the floor while Gambit was ripping out IVs. He was beside her, “Why? Rogue, why?” Hank kneeled beside her, “Her pulse is faint but it is there.” Gambit looked up at Hank, “What about the baby?” Everyone looked at him and then her. Hank was the first to speak, “She is pregnant?” “Yes. That is why I came back. To help her.” Hank picked her up and laid her on the table. When he spoke his voice was gruff, “Everyone out.”

Everyone was now standing out in the hallway, Kurt was praying, Kitty and Pete were hanging on to each other, Jean and Scott were holding hands, Storm was staring straight ahead, and Gambit was sitting on the floor his back to the wall. For the first time in my life I was afraid truly and fully afraid for someone else. Gambit looked up at me and said the one thing I wasn’t ready for and never would be,
“Logan. If she dies I want you to know you were the first man she ever loved and trusted. Also she’s pregnant with your child.”

I slid down the wall. If they had looked at me they would have seen the devastation in my face. Then confusion and anger. Why hadn’t she told me? Why did they keep her pregnancy from me? Why didn’t I smell it myself when I went to her apartment or when I followed her around town?
Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know what you think! Heart You Forever.