Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay I mention a couple of books in this Chapter. I enjoyed them so please do not hate. Please Review. Heart You Forever. Even if you don't like my book choices.
Rogue:

I laid on my back watching Logan sleep. One arm was under my head the other was on my stomach. I studied his face like I would be quizzed on it. He looked much younger when he was asleep and more relaxed. I wanted to touch him but if I did I would lose my control. As it was I was running my fingers up and down his arm. I wondered if he could tell. I noticed the bags under his eyes and it looked as if he hadn’t shaved in days. His eyes started moving behind his lids. I knew he was about to wake but I couldn’t tear my eyes away from him.

He opened his eyes and grunted at me. I smiled and said, “Good morning to you too.” He grumbled and closed his eyes. He pulled me closer and I didn’t struggle. What did that say about me? “Did anything happen between us last night?” “No. I got you in the bed and you pulled me down with you. You wouldn’t let me up. So I gave up and fell asleep.” He groaned, “Sorry.” He let me go and started to get up. I sighed, there went my fantasies. ‘You’re only having those because of your situation’. He raised his eyebrow, “What happened to my pants and shirt?” I started laughing. I put my hand over my mouth trying to hide it. “What the fuck is so funny?” He stood up straight and I got a full view which caused a new round of giggles.

He growled and he was suddenly laying on top of me holding me down. I was still laughing, “I had nothing to do with you stripping as you can see I’m fully dressed. You did that all by yourself. You were really drunk.” “Where are they?” I smiled and he shifted so that he was pushing into me. “In the hallway, living room, kitchen and the bathroom.” He pushed off me and the bed. He walked out and I got a really good look at his ass. I rolled over, pulled the covers up, and snuggled into the bed. I had just closed my eyes when the bed sank, “I need you to take me to the mansion.” I sighed and kept my eyes closed, “Well I’m trying to sleep so you can start walking or you can wait for me to get up.” “OR I can take option number three.” I sighed, “And that would be?” “I take your car.” I didn’t answer him and I could tell it was pissing him off.

He growled and got off the bed. I slept for maybe two hours. I didn’t expect to find him on my couch watching TV and drinking my beer. I decided to ignore him and went to make me a cup of coffee. I didn’t hear him move, “That’s bad for you.” I sighed and look to where he now stood leaning against the door frame. I decide not to say anything and started my breakfast. He watched me the entire time. I set at the table, ate my food, and drank my coffee. He settled across from me, “Can I help you Logan?” He shook his head. I finished and washed my dishes while Logan sat at the table watching. “Let me get dressed and I’ll take you home.” He nodded.

After I had pulled on a pair of loose jeans and a white t-shirt I went out to the living room there was no sign of Logan. I shrugged and pulled my tennis shoes on. I grabbed my car keys and walked down to my car where Logan was leaning against the door. I un-locked it before he pulled the door open and got in. ‘This is going to be the longest car ride ever.’ I pulled out and headed to the mansion. He stared out the window. We were about twenty minutes away when he finally spoke, “Thanks.” “No problem.” Now I felt his eyes on me, “You didn’t answer my question last night did you?” I shook my head, “Because I don’t have any answer Logan. Damnit I don’t have an answer to your question or anyone else’s.”

“Why are you staying here?” I gripped the steering wheel, “because I’m between jobs.” We pulled up to the gates of the mansion. He leaned over me and pushed in some numbers. The gates opened and I drove up the drive. I stopped in front of the door which was opening and I looked at Jean Grey standing in the doorway. I felt my anger raise but suppressed it as Logan turned toward me, “Thanks.” I just nodded watching the redhead. He got out and walked up to her. Both looked around and he kissed her. I took a deep breathe I felt sick and I wondered does Scott know. As I drove back to the apartment, I thought about what the Brotherhood had said about the X-Men and I knew that both groups had committed major sins. I changed clothes to go to work.

When I got to the bookstore I felt so much better about myself but angry too. I haven’t felt like this since Eric had brought Victor to our meeting. Suddenly Carol Danvers was in my head and I felt the urge to kill someone. I put her back in her box and Eric too the only time they ever got out was when I felt hurt. They were my protectors. They had been there when Stryker found me in Japan and decided I needed to be punished for not following orders. They helped me push past the fear and pain to escape him and now they only appeared when my emotions ran high. I took in a deep breath.

I put my purse in the locker I was provided with when they hired me. I was fixing my nametag when a guy walked up to me, “Hi, I was wondering if you could help me find a book?” I looked up smiling even after I realized it was Scott Summers. “Yes, tell me the title of the book.” He recognized me and smiled, “I think Kitty said it was called, ‘The Lost Hero’. She said it was a good read.” I nodded, “It’s really good. Have you read the others in the series?” He blushed, “If I say yes, will you laugh and say I’m too old?” I shook my head, “Follow me. Nobody is too old to read a book about adventure and heroes.” He smiled, “Thanks. I don’t mean to be rude but we thought you had left.” I was standing in front of a shelf of books from A-Z. “I needed some money so I decided to stay in town.” He nodded.

I went to the R’s, “A-HA. Found it. Here you go Mr. Summers.” I handed the book to him. “You can call me Scott. Thanks and it was nice seeing you.” I nodded to him and watched him walk away. I felt my heart breaking for him. ‘WHOA there girl when did we start getting mushy and how come we keep jumping from emotion to emotion?’ ‘I don’t know Marie. I don’t know.’

Two Days Later…………..

I was at the bookstore picking up something to read for the weekend. I felt someone tap my shoulder when I turn around I was surprised to see Scott. “Hi, did you enjoy the book?” He grinned and I saw his white teeth, “Yes, it was my favorite so far. I was wondering, would you go to lunch with me?” I raised an eyebrow, “I wanted to talk to someone about books and since you work here I figured you were the best candidate.” He was grinning like a child, “Okay, let me checkout.” He walked out the door with me, “My car or yours?” I thought about it for a second, “Mine and you can get one of your team members to pick yours up. Since I know where you live and all. It would be easier.” He nodded, “Can I drive?” I nodded and handed him the keys.

We ended up at this little bistro called Ma’s. We had ordered our food and were discussing which was better Harry Potter or Twilight. I was seriously crushing on Scott Summers. He was smart, strong and he liked to read. He was the man of my dreams. As our meal went on I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I knew someone was watching us but I decided to ignore it. I was getting really good at ignoring things.

After I had dropped Scott off, I went back to my apartment. As I walked down the hall to my apartment I knew something was wrong. I had closed the door when I left and now it stood a jar. My fight or flight was kicking in but I pushed it down. I pushed opened the door and turn the lights on. I knew I should have left.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review.