Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest
Logan:

I felt her crawling across me. I didn’t stop her. I heard her getting dressed. I still didn’t move. I heard her zip up the bag. I heard her grab a pen. I heard her writing something. I laid there. I just laid there. Why? Why? Because I made a stupid promise that I didn’t know would have consequences.

I sat there staring at the door and thinking about last night. It was the first time I had wanted the girl to spend the night and maybe the week, month, or even year. I heard The Wolverine, ‘she was ours and you let her leave because of your stupid honor,’ and I was starting to agree with him. I remember looking in her eyes last night and thinking I was home. I stood up and started to pace. That’s when I noticed a piece of paper that had hand writing on it that wasn’t mine. I picked it up:

~Logan,
I’m so sorry if you only knew; you never would have touched me. I deceived you. I can honestly write that I didn’t know who you were until you brought me here. When that girl said something about you being, ‘THE Wolverine’, I knew that I had to tell you the truth about me. I ruined it and whatever was between us. So here is the truth: Stryker sent me to kill you. It was about two and a half years ago. He realized that you would never help him and Victor was getting better offers. So he decide the best thing to do was terminate Weapon X. He told me where I could find you and how to kill you. He said the best way would be to gain your trust and then kill you. I was planning on telling you this last night before I kissed you. I failed to complete my mission then and I failed now. I do not plan on ever completing it. So don’t worry, you won’t see me again.

-Rogue~

Back to my bed I sat. That little girl was supposed to kill me. How? What did Stryker know about me that I didn’t know? She had tried to complete it two years ago? My life had been in danger and I didn’t care, all I could think of is her getting hurt trying to kill me. I looked at her note and thought I will be seeing you again… I don’t know when but I will. I put her note in my nightstand and got dressed. Being in motion would help me more than sitting around doing nothing.

Three months later…

There was a car sitting outside the gate. I watched as Kitty tried to sneak out to the car. If she had looked to her right she would have seen the end of my cigar, but this was Kitty. Kitty wasn’t dressed for stealth she was dressed for a date. I started to walk toward her, that’s when she finally noticed me. She gulped, “um HI Logan. Um like what are you doing out here so like um late?” I know she sounds like an airhead but when she’s nervous ‘like’ is her go to word. “Kitty what are you doing out here?” she looked at her feet, “Nothing.” I rolled my eyes, “Tell the truth and we both can go do what we want. Now what are you doing?” She sighed, “Fine I was going out with Lance.” Who the hell was Lance? I said, “Okay.” “That’s it? No third degree? No go back to bed Kitty?” I shrugged, “It’s your life kid. Go before Scooter finds out.” I watched as she phased through the gate. I shook my head.

I pouched the password into the gate and walked up to the driver’s window. I leaned down to look Lance in the face, “Hey Lance, if you hurt her, touch her, or even think about it I will cut “YOU” off ya got me?” I watched his face drain of color and he gulped, “Yes sir. I understand.” “Buckle up Kitty. Night kids.” If looks could kill, I thought as I looked at Kitty. Lance started the car and drove off as I watched I noticed the license plate and car both seemed familiar. When it hit me why it felt like someone had thrown a truck at me. That was Rogue’s car.

Did that mean she was still in the city? Stop it Logan. She was sent to kill you. I needed a drink. I went to the garage and got on my motorcycle. I went to this hole in the wall bar that is in the middle of the woods. I walked in and sat at the bar without even looking around. I wasn’t here for a lay; I was here for a blackout. I ordered whiskey and thought about the fact I had feelings for a murderess who I didn’t even know that well. After several hours and four times as many drinks I felt a hand on my arm and a voice of a goddess, “Come on Logan. You’ve had enough.” She wrapped her arm around my waist and pulled my arm over her shoulders.

We got outside to her car. She leaned me up against the car as she unlocked it, “We need to get you home and in bed before you do something stupid.” I felt like a child, “I don’t want to go home.” She sighed and leaned against the door she had just unlocked. “Logan you can’t stay here,” I felt her looking at me. “I didn’t even know you could get this drunk.” “Yeah well if I don’t get some more soon I won’t stay this way.” She opened the door and I got in. Once she closed the door I watched as she walked across the front of the car she looked like a normal woman.

She opened the door and climbed in. She sighed again and cranked the car. She backed out of the parking space and pulled out of the drive way. She wasn’t heading toward the mansion, “Where are we going?” She glanced at me and said, “I thought you said you didn’t want to go home. So I’m taking you to my apartment.” We rode in silence until she pulled into a parking deck, “Are you sober enough to make it up a flight of steps?” I nodded. She got out and walked over to my door. She helped me out of the car and I hate to admit it, I won’t I’ll deny it till the day I die, I stumbled; she caught me. We made it up to her apartment but not without a lot of stumbles and cuss words.

She opened the door and helped me to the couch. I set there watching as she picked stuff up and made space. She went into the kitchen asking if I wanted anything. “Maybe some water or a soda or something thanks.” She brought me a Dr. Pepper and sat down beside me. She kicked her shoes off and pulled her legs up on the couch. We set in silence. I was watching her, “Why?” She looked at me and met my eyes, “Why what?” “Why did you leave? We could have talked about it? We could have been friends if nothing else.” She looked away. She put her hands into her lap. “Rogue, answer me, why did you leave me?”
Chapter End Notes:
Please review tell me what you like and don't like. Heart you forever.