Story Notes:
Edited 3/06/2012
Author's Chapter Notes:
Edited
Logan:

I had got off at a bus station a couple miles back. I was going nowhere. I just had to get out of there. I heard a car behind me 'here we go, either it’s a cop or a hunter.’ The car was a black Dodge Avenger it slowed, I heard the window roll down and then this sultry voice asked “You need a ride sugah?” Thankful that it wasn’t a man, the next words shocked me, “I swear I don’t bite unless you’re into that kinda thing.” I felt my eyebrow shoot up. “Yea I need a ride. Thanks.”

I got in the car and adjusted my seat we pulled off. The radio was on I could hear “Big Balls” by AC/DC playing and she was humming along. Huh, a girl after my own heart. We rode for a few minutes; I waited for the questions to begin. I grew impatient, “So you’re not going ask me my name or what I’m doing out here?” I was looking at her now; her hair was dark auburn with two white streaks framing her face. When she glanced at me I noticed that her eyes were a vivid green. “Damn you talk a lot,” she said. I growled it wasn’t human but this girl was being aggravating. I couldn’t help it. She laughed. Huh? She finally said, “Fine. What’s your name and why are you out here?” am not proud I grumbled. I heard the temper in her voice, “YOU asked why I didn’t ask and when I do ask, you act like I started it.” I sighed, “Name’s Logan. Am out here because I wanted time to think.” And get away from a certain redhead.

I waited for her to tell me her name. ‘Grrr this kid.’ I demanded, “Well?” “Well what?” she asked innocently. “NAME.” I said through clenched teeth. “Oh. Rogue.” I looked at her. “What?” she asked. “Is that your real name? How old are you?” Rogue rolled her eyes, “Yes and am ole’ enough.” Yeah I thought old enough to get me arrested, “Are you legal?” She smiled “In what state?” I groaned. ‘You have to be fucking kidding me. “Do your parents know where you are?” “What parents? I said am ole enough.” I let out a breath.

For the next hour we rode in silence until I heard her take a breath, “Hungary?” “Yea, sure.” We rode for another thirty minutes before we stopped at a place called Jake’s. It was a biker bar as she parked I looked at her. “Are you comin’ are not?” she said getting out. I couldn’t not go in. I followed behind her and the first thing I noticed about was her long legs clad in tight black leather pants. As my eyes went up her long hair was pulled over her shoulder, her top was a black jean vest. I saw what looked like a tattoo on her left shoulder.

I followed her in to Jake’s and the smell of blood and urine hit me hard. We walked to a table in the back. I noticed that men and women looked at her as she walked past. “Really?” I asked. She shrugged watching the waitress walk toward us. “What can I get cha?” “Whatever’s on tap and a cheeseburger with fries.” She turned to Rogue. “Um let me get a glass of sweet tea and hot wings.” “OK sugah be back in a jiffy,” the waitress said. Rogue watched her walk away but I was staring at her, this kid was weird. First off she picked me up and two she didn’t talk as much as the other girls her age that I knew. Three, something was off about her. “What?” “Nothing.”
I looked around the bar and wondered do they all look the same. She put her hands on the table, “So what’s with the flannel shirt? You a logger?” I shook my head laughing, “No. I just like them, they’re comfortable. Now let me ask you something you a stripper?” She glared and said, “Hahaha. You’re so funny. I use to be.” I winced oops. She laughed, “The look on your face!” I shook my head “oh man what have I got myself in to.’ “Why did you stop here?” I asked. “Um. When I come down here I usually stop here. The food is good.” I thought ‘yea that’s why you come here.’

The waitress brought our drinks. Rogue sipped her tea looking around. “Where are you going?” I asked taking a gulp of my beer. “New Orleans, I know a guy there and he says he has a job for me.” “Do you mind if I ride along? I’ll pay for myself.” Rogue looked at me “You’re not wanted or a killer or a rapist are you?” I laughed “now you’re worried. No, no, no and if I was any of those things do you think I’d tell you.” She laughed, “Guess not. Okay you can ride along.” The waitress brought our food and our conversation died.