Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the long wait I lost direction with this story but finally after much deliberation I'm back on track.
For me, insanity is super sanity.
The normal is psychotic.
Normal means lack of imagination,
lack of creativity.
-Jean Dubuffet

YEAR ONE

Do you think past lives are a possibility? I keep having these graphic and intense dreams of a different life I could’ve had. I don’t seem to dream of anything else, and that frightens me. I see this possible life and I shudder, the reason this unnerves me is because I see myself in these dreams. I walk the shoes of my dream ego feeling what she feels and seeing what she sees, and even though I know this version of me isn’t real I feel guilty at how pathetic I think she is. How sad is that to think of yourself as pathetic, especially a version of yourself that doesn’t exist. It’s gotten worse over time, now even in my waking moments I see this alternate ego plaguing me.

Some days while I complete my daily chores or if I’m just simply living my life I see her. She’s nearly covered head to toe with clothes including fine silk gloves on both of her hands, and she also has a unique white streak in her hair, and even though me and her share the same face we don’t share these qualities.

As much as I want to ignore her presence in my life my desirous curiosity outweighed my concern. I started to wonder why I was seeing her after all this time, and I started wondering if I was going crazy. Is it normal to see things other people can’t see?

Trying to understand my situation I went to the professor for help.

“Hello Rogue. What do I owe the pleasure of your company?”

She was standing right behind him, and it seemed like every time I saw the apparition her eyes were becoming hollow and her skin losing its alabaster color with peach undertones.

“Rogue?”

Shaking off the vision I turned my attentions back to the professor.

“Sorry professor.” I took a deep breath and proceeded to tell him what has been going on with me. “ Professor I’ve been seeing things lately well to be more specific I’ve been seeing a ghost-like version of myself, and even for me this isn’t normal.”

The professor looked at me like I was a crazy person. “You’re going to have to be a little more specific for me Rogue.”

~maybe I am going crazy~

“I don’t know how to explain it. It kind of looks like an astral-projection of me.”

“Hmm interesting. How long have you been seeing this projection of yourself?”

“It’s hard to remember when it started exactly maybe a few weeks.” I really started thinking as to when I started seeing this other version of myself and I honestly couldn’t remember—kind of like the beginning of a dream it just starts to fade away the deeper you fall asleep.

“Come see me later on today Rogue, I’d like to do a telepathic session with you. Come back to my office around three.”

“Okay professor I’ll be back around three.”

Deciding to skip breakfast I headed back to my room. Setting my alarm to go off at two I went back to sleep because I was feely oddly fatigued.

I saw her walking around and tried to follow her, it also didn’t escape my attention that each time I saw her she was becoming more ghost-like and transparent she would become. I felt like she was finally within my reach when all the sudden I could hear this weird beeping noise.
My eyes snapped open to the blaring sound of the alarm clock. Groggily getting out of bed I switched out my pajamas for a pair of baggy sweats then removing the t-shirt I had on I slipped on one of my fitted tees.

Walking into the bathroom I looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn’t help but notice my skin was paler than usual, and my eyes had a grey tinge to it similar to eyes that belong on a corpse.

~This is getting out of control~

It didn’t take me to long to get ready so I made my way down to the professors office. Knocking on the door he responded by saying ‘come in.’

“Hi Professor”

“Rogue, are you okay?”

It didn’t take a genius to figure out he was talking about my appearance, even though I took care of my toiletries and put some light makeup on I knew it didn’t hide my pale skin, and dark circles.

“Just tired, but can we get to the point professor?”

“Yes Rogue,lie down on the futon over there.”

I took two strides over to the futon near the back of his office, and then I laid my body down horizontally on the futon. The professor rolled his wheelchair to the top of the futon where my head rested.

“Relax this won’t hurt.”

I closed my eyes so I could relax, the last thing I felt was the tickling of his telepathic presence in my mind as we both went deeper into the crevices of my mind.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review :D