Author's Chapter Notes:
Our Rogue runs into a friend.
~Well I guess I’m definitely not in Kansas anymore~

I was still holding the dusty newspaper in my hands, the date reading as October, 5th, 2018.

“What the fuck is going on I can’t possibly be six years in the future,” I said out loud to myself. “Not much of a future to look forward to.”

“You can say that again Mon Cherie.”

I jumped at the sound of a man’s voice behind me. Turning around the anxiety I was feeling quelled at the sight of a familiar face.

“Gambit?” I said his name not so much as a question but more as surprise and disbelief that he was standing in front of me. Still thinking he wasn’t real I pulled him into a fierce hug.

“Well I see you missed me non.”

“Nah not really,” I said back to him. An odd sense of deja-vu coursed through me, when I remembered Logan and I had a similar conversation the first time he returned to the mansion.

“Gambit is glad you missed him Rogue, but it’s not safe around here belle.”

“Why not?” It came out of my mouth before I had time to process the fact that was probably a silly question to him.

“Now is not the time to go on one of your hero trips chere, there’s sentinel activity all over the place.”

~Sentinels here. Where in holy fuck did I end up at? ~

I probably didn’t know as much about Sentinels as future Gambit over here, but the few sessions we had in the Danger Room with them let me know that they were bad news and weren’t fans of the mutant population.

“I guess I wore out my welcome here so let’s get going.”

Remy grabbed me by my wrist and continued south on the highway.

“Why can’t we fly to our camp?”

Remy stopped in his tracks and since I wasn’t paying attention I ran into his built frame.

“What’s going on with you chere, you know better than that. You know it’s dangerous for us to use our abilities in broad daylight, let alone in open spaces where anyone or anything can see us.”

As he lectured me on the rules of what seemed to be my new reality I noticed the red in his eyes deepened to a scary scarlet red color. As Remy kept on lecturing about how much he was beginning to worry about me and that I constantly put myself in dangerous situations, I started to tune him out. Until he said something that I dreamed of constantly, only it came from the lips of another man.

“I’m in love with you Rogue.”

I stood there in shock because even though it wasn’t who I wanted saying those words, it was nice that a man would tell her that.

~You never had a chance with Logan anyways~

The little voice in my head was only confusing me more on my feelings for Logan and what Remy just told me. Apparently during the time I spent collecting my thought Remy was able to get me to a camouflaged Jeep not too far off the highway trail.

“Let’s go chere.”

I strapped myself into the Jeep, and off we went. To where we were going I didn’t know, but I hoped to see more of my friends, to find out what happened to the world, and guiltily I hoped I would see Logan wherever we were going.
Chapter End Notes:
till next time my pretties