Author's Chapter Notes:
My computer is being a pain in the ass and going haywire. I want to apologize sorry guys for any incovinience.

Here is stranger Rogues' pov
It had been nearly two weeks since she had been under the same roof as the X-men.

~WOW!~

She never thought she would have the opportunity to see the X-men again, in her future they were either split up or dead. Over the past few weeks she got to bask in her old memories and be with old friends she hadn’t laid eyes on in years, but it wasn’t as though this timeline didn’t have its differences.

In her timeline she shared a passionate romance with Gambit, and he was also one of the few X-men she still had contact with in her present. The relationship this Rogue had with her Gambit wasn’t intimate as of yet but there was the definite potential for it. Jubilee and Kitty were how she remembered them; they were also part of her group in her present. The Jubilee she knew still had the same feisty attitude, and raunchy sense of humor. The Kitty in this time was much more complacent then the one she knew. The fact that she was friends with Jean was extremely surprising the one in her time was a manipulative bitch, this one seemed okay other than the fact that she thought the world still revolved around her. The most surprising difference was how Logan treated her. She felt awkward around him because he would flirt with her; give her small touches on her back or shoulders, and he would stare at her in she was in his vicinity. Supposedly the Rogue and Logan in this time had a weekly ritual where they would go to the movies together.

So the first week he came knocking at her door she was at a loss for words. When she was younger she always dreamed Logan would stare at her that way, but he always had his sights on Jean, and when he found out Jean was playing him he moved on to the next woman which wasn’t her. So she gave up on having anything with Logan a long time ago. Now she was getting what she wished for so long ago, but truth be told she wasn’t sure she felt the same way about Logan anymore. Funny thing about moving on is once you’ve moved forward with your life it’s very hard to go backward. So standing there in her sleepwear she gave him a confused look when she saw he was fully dressed.

“Umm… Hi Logan, can I help you with something?”

Letting out a deep, bellowing laugh at her statement he said, “Come on Marie. We go to the movies every week,” when she still didn’t seem to register what he was saying the smile on his face disappeared, and was replaced with hurt ,confusion, and smothered rage. “You really don’t know what I’m talking about huh? Well it’s nice that you were thinking about me.”

She had to think fast on her feet to get out of this one, she didn’t come back here to ruin this girls’ relationships—fitting in was a necessity if she was going to be successful in her mission.

“Sorry Logan, it’s just things have been a little hazy since the explosion.”

He still stared at her with that poker face, his nostrils flared a bit in what she guessed was him trying to determine if she was lying. She wasn’t really lying just bending the truth, which she hoped he wouldn’t pick up.

“Did you still want to go? Or are you going to bed?”

She could tell he was looking forward to this movie, and even though in her reality she hasn’t spoken to Logan in nearly six years she felt bad about hurting this one.

“Yeah of course I do just give me about 10 minutes to get ready”

“Ok Marie. Don’t take forever,” she couldn’t help smiling at seeing the relief wash over his face.

It didn’t take her long to get ready, and Logan was at her door waiting for her. They actually had a good time; the movie was entertaining it was some sci-fi action flick.

It didn’t take her long to figure out the Rogue and Logan in this time hadn’t gotten intimate yet, he was cautious with his touches but not in an awkward teenage boy way. He would brush my thigh here and there, or rub his arm against mine on the armrest.

She felt really awkward with Logan sexually advancing on her of all people. Was it still considered infidelity if your partner was in another timeline? Would it be right to advance on the other Rogues’ Logan? Hell she wasn’t even sure she was in love with Logan anymore.

The ride back to the mansion was a quiet one she didn’t really know how to initiate a conversation with the man. When they reached the mansion she wanted to dash from the car and go straight to her room, but that wasn’t much of a luxury. As they walked through the front door Logan decided to initiate some conversation between the two of them.

“So did you like the movie?”

“Yeah I had fun we should do dinner next time instead though,” she said it jokingly but Logan to that as her asking him out.

“I know a nice place we can go to next week. Do you like Mexican?"

When she was about to tell him she just said it as a joke, Jean walked out toward the main entryway deciding her appearance known to the both of them.

“Hi Logan. Rogue. Rogue you look a little tired you should probably get some rest.”

~Yeah she didn’t like this Jean very much either~

Rogue rolled her eyes at Jean for interrupting Logan and hers conversation, but since she was feeling a little tired she decided not to say anything back. So heading upstairs toward my room I answered Logan’s question.

“Mexican sounds good to me Logan consider it a date.”

Rogue was already at the top of the first set of stairs so if Logan had an answer Rogue either didn’t hear him or he didn’t answer since she was already out of his line of sight.
Chapter End Notes:
Next week Logans pov