Author's Chapter Notes:
Logans pov of Maries odd behavior
“Marie.” Logan screamed her name to the heavens, not that anyone was really listening. The smoke from the flames was thick in the air, that even with his heightened sense of smell he couldn’t smell burnt flesh or death in the air. Somewhere between his grief and unanswered prayers he ended up on his knees as close to the flames as he could get.

Looking up toward the sound of water hitting the earth, Logan thought he saw the outline of two bodies covered by water and steam. Water was dripping from Marie’s auburn and white hair as she still clung onto the boy safe in her grasp, Logan clawed at the dirt beneath him to get over to where Marie was.

Logan was the first to reach Rogue, he immediately started to check for injuries he didn’t see or smell any blood on her or the boy. Although what Rogue went through with Carol was awful he was thankful Rogue had Carol’s gift of invulnerability. The others weren’t far behind him; Marie was standing by the time they got over. They all circled around her and the boy and Logan could have sworn when Jean took the boy from Marie she was on the defensive—if the way her hand balled up into a fist was anything to go by.

“Let’s go home team,” Scoot said not too far behind him. Marie seemed on edge with everyone, including him.
Making their way back to the X-Jet, Logan was briefly separated from Marie. Looking back in her direction he noticed Marie was looking around at her surroundings with extreme caution.

~Wonder what’s up with that girl.~

Making his way back to her, he couldn’t help feeling a little bit hurt by the way she looked at him when he stood in front of her; like he was creature from the black lagoon instead of her best friend of the last seven years.

Pushing his feelings aside, he figured she was still disoriented from the explosion. Both of them made their way to the x-jet hidden in the thick bushel of trees, and he hoped she would be back to being herself by the time they reached the mansion.