Author's Chapter Notes:
Our favorite weather goddesses pov
The others stood back as the flames of the explosion engulfed and danced around their teammate; Scott had to hold back Logan so he didn’t run into the hot swirling masses to retrieve Rogue, if it wasn’t for the man being to shocked to fight back Scott would of loss that battle.

“Marie.”

Storm could feel Logan’s gut wrenching scream through her bones, Rogue was not only her teammate but was also a good friend. Noticing the fire die a little, her eyes turned pure white as she unleashed a downpour of rain to snuff out the remaining flames, and without a scratch on her was Rogue still cradling the little boy in her arms.

She and her team members ran over to the young woman and the boy in her arms, she wasn’t sure if the other members of the team notice it but Storm noticed that something was dissimilar in the way the Rogue in front of her carried herself---it was almost like she hadn’t had human contact for years. As Jean went to get the little boy out of Rogue’s grasp, it didn’t escape Storms attention that she tensed up her shoulders and squeezed her hand up into a fist ready to fight.

“Let’s go home team,” Scott’s fearless leader voice rippled in the ash filled air surrounding the lab that was now a pooling reservoir of ash, rubble and hot metal, and it also broke her trance-like observation of Rogue.
Making their back to the X-jet that was hidden with the high-tech cloaking device the professor had installed, Storm continued to observe Rogue’s odd behavior. She was studying her surroundings with a keen and cautious eye, and when Logan approached her she looked at him like he was a stranger instead of her best friend of several years.

If Logan noticed her strange behavior, he didn’t seem to care very much that she was acting differently. Somehow Logan was able to soothe this cautious Rogue onto the jet, and sit with her the entire way back.

If Storm hadn’t taught this young woman and trained her, if she hadn’t become one of Rogue’s best friends, and if she hadn’t learned to read people as a child to survive she never would have noticed the subtle differences that she was displaying. The Rogue they had on this jet with them was not the Rogue they all loved and cared for--- this woman was a stranger.
Chapter End Notes:
Logans pov next