Author's Chapter Notes:
Hmm the plot thickens
It took a moment for me to register two things: one I no longer felt the curvature of the small boy I was holding earlier, and two I no longer felt the painful sting of the fire from the explosion. Lifting my head from my crouched position on the ground, I looked around at my surroundings and notice much to my surprise that I was in the middle of nowhere. Civilization was nowhere to be seen—No buildings…No people… No friends.

“I guess were not in Kansas anymore,” I said to myself feeling the loneliest I’ve ever felt. The Carol in my head was unnervingly silent for once, in the last three years she never seemed to have the ability to shut the fuck up, and now when she needed her most she wasn’t to be found. The Eric and Logan in her head disappeared in the recesses of her mind a long time ago, only shadows of them appeared from time to time. She was completely alone.
Looking around at my surroundings again, I saw a major highway with a small collection of stalled cars on it.
“I guess northeast it is.”

Following my gut I headed northeast not knowing where I was, or what happened for me to get here, but with blind faith I made my way down the unknown highway to god knows where.