Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my actual new chapter but thank you to all my readers and reviewers and I hope all of you had happy holidays.
~Logan I will ask most of the questions, I just need you to keep a lookout for odd behavior.~

~Okay Chuck I’ll shoot a message over if I notice anything odd.~

Even though Logan had already noticed plenty of odd behavior from every occupant in the room, he didn’t think this was going to be the end of their odd behavior.

The professor moved the group from the chairs they were sitting in to a table toward the back of the room that would seat them all. Logan pressed himself into one of the back corners in the room, his arms crossed over his large frame and his face holding a passive stare.

The professor walked toward the forefront of the group, and looked as if he was going to say something; instead the professor looked toward the corner where Logan was standing.

~Logan bring a chair over and come sit over here with the rest of the group~

Logan grimaced at the invasion in his mind he really didn’t like people in his head.

Pulling up a chair that looked sturdy enough to hold his frame he sat next to Marie, and looked at the profile of her face he didn’t fail to notice her eyes were once again honey brown. He couldn’t pin point where or who he saw those eyes on but he knew he saw those eyes before and it obviously wasn’t on Marie.

“Will all of you hold hands and close your eyes please this will be done telepathically,” the professor said while directing his rigid stare to the others sitting down.

Logan looked at the others in the group, being he was the last one to close his eyes. The professor was the first to close their eyes after the whole group had their hands interlocked; his face became stoic and almost unmoving. Ororo, Hank and Scott immediately followed suit, once their eyes closed their heads bowed down to where their chins were touching the tops of their chests. Bobby and Jubilee stared at their inert teammates, and then toward the others in the circle holding hands. They both had looks on their face similar to that of what a child would have when they know they’re about to get in a lot of trouble and there is no way of getting out of it. Logan followed Bobby and Jubilees eyes to see the Gambit and Marie had already closed their eyes. Logan was surprised he would think Gambit and Rogue two people notably known to be defiant and have hot tempers would be the last ones to follow the professors suit, but instead excluding himself Bobby and Jubilee were the last ones to close their eyes. After Jubilee and Bobby shut their eyes, Logan closed his eyes, his head falling forward as if he went into a deep slumber.


Logan looked around at the off white room the professor created within all of their minds, and he noticed it had no doors or windows, and he also noticed a long white table that some of the others were already seated at and the remainders were making their way towards it. Making his way over to sit down, Logan sat in the chair closest to the professor, and part of him knew the professor chose to use his help not only because of his sense of smell but also because of his expertise at reading body language. It took Logan five minutes using his skills of observation and he already knew which of his teammates were possibly guilty.

Those who chose to be further away from him and the professor were more likely to be guilty then those who were sitting in close proximity to them. Guilty people tend to distance themselves from their accusers. Logan’s first choices of primary suspects were the ones being as distant as they could possibly be, those people being Bobby, Jubilee, and Hank. The others didn’t seem to have any qualms about how close there were sitting to their accusers. Storm and Scott sat closest to Logan, while Marie and Gambit sat closest to the professor.

Even though Logan knew his attentions should probably be directed toward the three sitting at the farthest end of the table, he couldn’t help that his gaze kept landing on Marie. Marie caught Logan staring at her, and she stared into his penetrating hazel eyes with her soft honey brown a small smile also etching itself on her face.

“Now let’s begin everyone,” the professor’s voice boomed with a strong sense of authority. “I will apologize now for this invasion of privacy, but the steps I’m taking are a necessary evil as you all know we cannot afford any more losses.”

“Having a traitor under our roof doesn’t count as a substantial loss to our numbers. I say when we find good riddance when we find the fuck.” Bobby screamed at the professor.

“Yes Bobby, but given the fact that we don’t know why he or she did it we can’t jump to conclusions.”

“I’m not jumping to any fucking conclusions, but these are our lives you’re talking about--that weapon can kill us, and god only knows what else the enemy knows or has because we have a fucking mole under our roof.”

“No it can’t kill any of us Bobby it just neutralizes abilities, it would just make us vulnerable against other super-powered beings. If anyone would know this it would be me. Now sit down!” Storm said to Bobby her sharp tone implying her patience was starting to run thin.

“As we speak right now Mrs. Pryde is checking all your cell and computer records.” The professor said this to the entire group trying to see their reaction. Bobby and Hank seemed to be the only ones in the room whose scent spiked with fear. The professor got that profound look on his face when he receives disturbing news.

“From the disturbing information I just received I’ll need Bobby, Hank, Remy, Rogue, and Logan to stay. Ororo, Scott and Jubilee you will wake up and you can make your way to your rooms.”


Ororo, Scott and Jubilee woke up in the meeting room, they looked at their teammates and from an outside view it looked like they were sleeping peacefully. Scott was already heading out the door, not giving Ororo or Jubilee a second glance. Jubilee and Ororo being the only two left in the room, Jubilee was the first to speak directing her comment to her old teacher.

“Mrs. Munroe I’m sorry for the way I acted earlier today during the meeting, it’s just seems we keep going from bad to worse and nothing is getting better, and now one of our own is….”

“Shh… child. Everything is going to be alright we just need to stick together. Now go to bed.” Jubilee looked slightly relieved as she headed out the door Scott just went through.

Ororo completely understood why Jubilee was so wound tight, the five members still with Charles and Logan were the closest thing to family that either her or Jubilee had. Ororo also knew the reason most of them were being questioned about their loyalty wasn’t just about their access to the armory but more about past events that would put their loyalty to the test. At one point Charles trusted all of them with his life, but after Jean decimated his body the Charles that returned wasn’t the same it was like he knew anyone of us could turn for the worse.

//When Charles returned we tried to get back into the flow of things without Scott and Logan. The younger members joined the team, and things were starting to look up the government was still wary of mutants after Alcatraz but we were making strides toward something good. It wasn’t a perfect team there was tension as anyone could expect Bobby left Rogue for Kitty and Rogue shortly after started dating the newest member of the team Remy Labeau or Gambit. Anyone with eyes could see that Rogue and Gambit were in love with each other and Bobby wasn’t happy about that development.

It didn’t take long for the shit to hit the fan. Charles still used Cerebro to find younger mutants who needed housing, and though he never admitted to the others Charles also looked for Logan knowing he could be useful in the events coming their way. Ororo remembered Gambit and Rogue were kidnapped on a pickup mission; it took Charles a year to find them in the clutches of a demented and sadistic mutant called Mr. Sinister, and maybe it was just happenstance or a sick twist of fate the Scott was held prisoner along with Gambit and Rogue. Ororo knew immediately that her friends had changed and not necessarily for the best. She remember she found Gambit with all white hair, his muscle build grew to the size of Colossus’s in his metal form, and if Gambit’s eyes were piercing before now they seemed to look right into your soul. Rogues physical appearance changed as well her eyes were no longer deep chocolate brown but bright green and an orange ember circling the iris, her hair was no longer chestnut brown but more of an deep auburn red color. Scott wasn’t without changes either, his hair was still mostly brown but he also had a few gray strands, his eyes had a glowing red hue implying he was now able to control his ability, and similar to Gambit his body grew twice in size. //


Ororo sickened at her vague memory of the beginning of their purgatory, part of her blamed the cure for trying to change them into what they thought was something acceptable, and the other part blame Jean and the brotherhood for starting them down on this path. She looked at her teammates and felt the pit of despair growing in the pit of her stomach for the last two and a half years grow because she knew she was about to lose yet another friend.


After Charles was given the information by Kitty he knew who the traitor was, but he also found some extremely disconcerting information regarding the four other occupants in the room. The problem Charles faced now was how was he going to help these four without making it look like he was accusing them of being a traitor?
Chapter End Notes:
I'm going to go deeper into what happened with Remy, Scott, and Rogue. Whos the traitor by the way?