Since Scott and Emma were the nearest to the armament they were the firsts one at the scene, it wasn’t long though before the other X-men filled up the entrance to the weaponry. The professor was the last one to enter, knowing that he had to play mediator to his team to keep them calm as they processed the information they had before them.

“First things first is anything missing?”

They all looked at each other letting the professors’ question sink in, none of them actually checked since most of them were pretty hazy from being woken up.

“No sir.” Scott spoke up through the awkward silence, “we haven’t checked the inventory lists yet.”

“Well I suggest that is something that we do; I doubt anyone broke in just to trigger an alarm.”

Logan was no stranger to seeing the professor have a snarky attitude, last time was when he had confronted him about Jeans’ dual personality, and if he remembered it correctly the professor had straightforwardly to him he didn’t need to explain himself to him and to butt out of it.

“Scott, Emma, Ororo, Hank, Logan, and Rogue I want you six to go over the inventory to see if anything is missing, when you’re finish please meet me and the others in the Oval room we have much to discuss”

After the professor left the armament, the others split up into groups of two which so happened to leave him to team up with Marie.

~About freaking time I’ve been trying to get some alone time with her for the past week~

Scott and Emma had the front part of the room, Ororo and Hank had the middle portion, which left Marie and him the back portion of the armament.

“Here’s the list of items we need to check on- read them off for me one at a time, so we can weed out what’s missing.” Marie said with a sharp tone, while handing the list over to him.

Logan was surprised by her directness and sense of self, the Marie he remembered from three years ago was brash, reckless, with a wild temper, but the Marie in front of him was poised, collected, and refined. A third of a way through the list Logan spoke up no longer able to be this close to her and not ask her what’s was going on.

“So Darling is now a good time to catch-up with you?”

Her big green eyes widen with surprise at the randomness of the question, “Umm… I don’t see why not Logan.”

“So what have you been up to for the past three years Marie?”

After Logan asked the question, he could smell she was uneasiness wafting off of her.

“What do you think has been going on Logan,” she said harshly drawing out his name. “Were in the middle of a super-powered Civil War with old friends and colleagues, people we thought we could trust have betrayed us, and honestly I’m tired of attending funerals of people I cared about.”

Logan wasn’t so much paying attention to what Marie was saying, but more so to her eyes which were drastically changing colors they started out being a bright emerald green, and slowly flecks of black started edging into her irises. Logan grasped both her shoulders to calm her down as the lights started to flicker on and off.

“Marie calm down. It’s okay. Stay with me Marie.”

~What the hell is up with her eyes~

Logan’s hold on her seemed to help draw her back to reality, her eyes went from the sharp shards of bright green and pitch black to a hazel color with forest green and honey brown in her irises. The others ran toward them to see what was going on, and they all stared at Rogue with grave faces as they realized what could of happened if Logan’s words didn’t ground her.

“Guys I think I know what they took,” Storm said pointing at the case with all the broken glass. Storm wasn’t surprised to hear Scott’s voice read off the name of the device written on the inventory list, since she herself was once a victim of the device, her lover whom created it accidently used it on her.

In the professor’s office, the whole team stood grim faced when they were told what device was stolen.

“So what are we going to do now huh? The other side can now just take away our abilities on a whim and we have no way of protecting ourselves,” Jubilee screamed breaking the silence of the room. Gambit hugged her to him when she started fidgeting with anxiety and fear.

Logan smelled it on everyone except three occupants including him. He looked over at the first which was Gambit it looked like he also changed from the last time he saw him, Gambit used to have long brownish red hair and now it was strikingly pure white color, Logan couldn’t smell one ounce of fear on him. The second being Marie who’s eyes once again changed color from the soft hazel with flecks of green back to the bright green she had earlier today, he also didn’t fail to notice that Captain red, white, and blue all over was holding her from behind. Logan couldn’t help feel that surge of jealousy sweep back through him at the site of them together.

The professor finally responded to Jubilees question and the questioning glances of all the occupants in the room, after he took a moment to collect his thoughts.

“I will speak with Forge and see if he can create something that can disengage the weapon if it’s in the area, as for our new course of action we are no longer on the defensive but now on the offensive.”

Logan looked around and saw a lot of confused faces throughout the room, but he understood perfectly.

“Meaning the peaceful tactic is no longer an option, we must use all our resources available to win this war and use any force necessary, also no one is to enter or leave the mansion grounds from now on. Food and supplies will be brought directly to the mansion. I fit the puzzle pieces together and came to the conclusion that the thief or thieves had help getting past security to get the device meaning we have a spy in our mist.”