Logan was being tossed around like a rag-doll by the Hulk on a snowy mountainous landscape; he would try to get up only to have a large and very green fist pound him further into the unforgiving earth. Logan was able to release his claws at some point and claw at the Hulks’ hand, making the Hulk angrier it gave Logan a small window of time to maneuver out of the crater his body made. Finally gaining some semblance of balance, Logan stood his ground with a wolfish grin spreading on his letting the Hulk know that the Wolverine was in control of this little dance they were having.

“Hey! You big baby, are you ready for your supper?” Wolverine growled amused between deep intakes of breath in the cold weather, showing the Hulk his adamantium claws that glistened from the sun’s rays.

“Hulk don’t like little man.” The green giant screamed at the wolverine a looked of annoyance and anger etching onto his face.

Their violent dance went on for almost three hours until Logan decided to end the simulation. Deciding to completely forego on taking a shower in the locker rooms, he made his way to his room instead. Reaching to grasp the doorknob to the room, he started to feel the open wounds covering his face begin to heal. Logan slammed the door to his room shut, not caring in the least if he woke up the other residents.

Stripping of his jeans and now tattered wife beater, he walked over to the bed in his boxer briefs. Noticing the file strewn over the top cover, Logan debated whether he wanted to spend more energy going over the file or just sleep. Deciding to sleep instead Logan collected the papers on his bed in a messy pile and put in on the bedside table to his left. Situating himself on the bed thoughts of Marie started crippling his mind again.

~ Why was she with that asshole, instead of waiting for him like she always did?~

~When did she learn to control her ability?~

~Why did she seem so different from the Marie he knew three years ago~

He knew he had no right to be upset that she found happiness with some, but he thought that her happiness should be with him. Logan felt like a dumbass because if he just told Marie how he felt he would have been the one to hold her hand, hold her petite form close to his own, and share the passion he feels for her daily.

Exhaustion got the best of Logan and he drifted off into a deep sleep.

//Standing his ground he looked around at all the destruction going on around him. Turning back to look at Jean she had was expressing a look of complete apathy; he made his way toward her.

“Jean I know your still there.”

That’s when he felt the pain, looking down he noticed the flesh on his chest and thighs start to regrow. It was a struggle to make it up that mound of earth as she was trying to erase his existence. Next thing he knew Jean was up in the air screaming with two bare hands wrapped around her face, looking up he could see Jean struggling to get the assailant off her, and just as quickly he saw a look of peace on Jean’s face before she started to fall back to earth. Making his way to the two bodies, he saw Marie’s unconscious form lying under Jean’s corpse.

Scooping Marie up in his arms he tried to shake her awake but nothing changed. Feeling hopeless he screamed to the heavens, he was supposed to protect her and he failed. Logan sat alone crying over the bodies of the woman everyone thought he loved and the woman he actually loved.//