Author's Chapter Notes:
I can't help it I'm angstier,and angstier. I'm afraid that it will be awhile before it gets happy.

If a thought is bold and italicized its a dark personality.
~Your hold on me is slipping girl, soon I'll have complete control~

~NO. The professor will stop you.~

~Your foolish child. No one can help you.~

~Hold on Rogue, you can beat this~

~Jean?~

~Yes Rogue. I'm here for you.~

~But I'm so tired Jean, she's so much stronger than me.~

~I know Rogue trust me I know, but you must fight.~

~She's right Rogue, you must fight don't you quit soldier.~

~Carol?~

~Yes soldier. Hold your ground.~

~Your slipping Marie~

~Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. Nothing can stand in my way~

~Who are you?~

~Death,~ the telepathic voice responded with a guttural tone, barely even sounding human.

~Did I kill you too?~ Marie responded with a sob all the voices in her head confusing her.

~No chere. It's me.~

~Remy? You've never sounded like that before.~

~You not te only one wit voices in their head chere, but you and Gambit, we fight together non?~

~That sounds like a plan Remy.~

~You can't fight Death~

~Or a goddess for that matter. Why can't you simple-minded fools grasp that~

~Because that's what we do we fight.~

~Scott?~

~Yes. Rogue its me.~

~What're you doing here?~

~Unfortunately Remy, you, and I are in this mess together.~

~Are you hearing voices too.~

*Silence*

~Scott?~

~Of course he is child. You're all fighting a losing battle.~

~Scott where did you go?~

~I'm here Rogue, but she's right we're all fighting for our minds here. That's why we have to stand together.~

~He's right Rogue.~

~Jean is that you?~

~Yes. Scott. I've missed you so much.~

~Me too Jean. I love you.~

~And I love you Scott~

~Pathetic!~

~FUCK YOU PHOENIX!~ all the voices except Death and Phoenix yelled.

Phoenix laughs maniacally inside Rogue's head. ~Do you really think love will save you?~

~Yeah I do bub~

~Logan?~

~Yeah darlin' its me, and well...~

~My dear. If anyone knows about survival it would be Wolverine and myself.~

~That's enough buckethead.~

~You fools have no idea the storm that's coming. And not you or the puny X-men out there can stop the tidal wave of death,pain,strife,chaos,and destruction that will be left in its wake.~

All the voices got quiet.


Unsure what to do with themselves, since they couldn't help their friends let alone see them. Bobby, Jubilee, Colossus, Kitty, Storm, Kurt, Emma, and Logan decided a session in the danger room would do them all good. Unbeknownst to Logan, Storm had designed a program on Phoenix.

"Start program," Storm's strong but calm voice echoed throughout the room.

Logan thinking it was going to be Sentinels, had his claws at the ready. But instead what stood before them was what Logan saw the last time he saw Jean. Her eyes black cesspools of nothingness. Dark, sickly veins covering her once calm looking face. Logan was a little irritated that Storm failed to mention it to him, and the others looked a little shocked as well as to who their nemesis was.

Logan was about to give the team directions on who should strike, and how they should form their offensive line when the program shut-off and the danger-room was back to normal.

"What the fuck?"

"Beats me Logan, I didn't shut the program off." Storm responded.

" Start program," she said trying to start the program again. Nothing happened.

"Start program." Again nothing.

"Maybe the power went out, let me check the observation deck to see what was going on." Logan was already at the exit door before Storm could respond. "Doors open." Logan waited a good minute nothing happened. " DOORS OPEN," Logan practically screamed at the doors, the others now standing behind him.

"What's going on?" Both Jubilee and Kitty said at the same time, both looking at each other with thin smiles on their faces because given any other time it would have been funny.

"Your guess is as good as mine," Logan responded.

Unsheathing his claws on both hands, he slid his adamantium between the crease of the door, then pried them open. Honestly Logan was half expecting pandemonium in the hallways, and maybe that was because he was itching for a spot of violence to relieve the tension in his body. But there was nothing, no screaming children, no bombs going off, no Magnet spouting pointless lectures on the self-preservation of mutants. Nope it was a simple case of the power going out, at least that's what they thought. So they all went separate ways to wait for the power to come back on.


~You feel that chere? Scott?~

~Yeah all that worry and fear~ Scott responded feeling a sudden spike of intense negative emotions, but he didn't know from where.

~I have a bad feeling something terrible is about to happen.~ Rogue said the seventh sense she received from Carol warning her of danger coming.

~I told you fools. This is the calm before the storm. It has begun.~

The telepathic versions of Scott, Remy, and Rogue looked at each other, knowing the fight for their minds has begun.
Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter will be full of angsty smut. I promise. Review my pretties.