Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry guys I've been gone a loooooonnnnnggggg time. Computer broke down, had writers block and of course life became a priority.
Logan was terrified as Marie started plummeting to the impending earth beneath her. He tried scrambling to reach her, but she was to far away.

"MARIEEEEEE!!!" he screamed with terror when she was about to hit the ground, knowing the impact would kill her instantly.

She was about a foot away from impact when she just stopped, and her body was floating in the air. Her body bent strangely with her back arched up and her head and feet hanging down.

He got to his feet instantly. Putting his arms under her he cupped her body to him, and then tried to shake her awake.

"Marie? Marie, wake up."

Still no response.

"Wake up darlin' please," Logan begged to her still form.
He started carrying her back to the mansion when he heard a scream to his left and one closer to the mansion.

"Scott!"

"OH MY GOD REMY!."

Finally making it to the clearing of the woods leading back to the mansion, he could see Jubilee dragging Gambit to the edge of the woods next to Logan and Emma Frost screaming at a unconscious Scott on the grass.

He looked at Gambit and was shocked his skin turned into a dark shade blueish black.

Looking back up he noticed, Ro', Kurt, Chuck, and Rodgers walking towards him.

" What's going on?" Storm asked the the three of them, standing over Scott's unconscious body.

"Mein Gott im Himmel," Kurt said looking down at Gambit. Storm walked over and covered her mouth gasping in frightful surprise at his appearance.

The professor looked around a worriedsome look on his face.

"We must get them back to the medbay so we can determine the cause of this"

"I gree vit ta professor," Kurt said hurriedly to the professors previous remark.

"I'll take her from here"

Logan looked straight at Rodgers when he said that, and let out a menacing growl.

~There was no way in hell he would let this man carry his mate and get his scent all over her~

The edge of his claws were starting to pierce the skin of his muscles, and civil war or no civil war he was prepared to kill this man.

"Steve will you please carry Scott to the medical bay with the others," the professor asked a hint of warning in his voice.

"But..."

"There is no one else to carry him, you can attend to Rogue when we get to the Med Bay," the professor said cutting off any objections Rodgers had.

~Logan what are you trying to accomplish~

~STAY OUT OF MY HEAD OLD MAN~

The professor strayed toward the back watching the group head toward the mansion. Emma walking beside Steve looking over Scott worry etched onto her usually stoic features. Jubilee had tears streaming down her face as she looked over Gambit, just before Kurt teleported all three of them to the Med Bay. Logan carried Rogue in his arms, occasionally growling every time Steve looked back at them.

The professor knew at the moment the Wolverine was in control, and the best way to avoid bloodshed was to keep Rodgers away from the Wolverine.

Realize they didn't have a doctor at the moment he telepathically contacted Kitty.

~Kathryn will you please call Ms. Taggert and tell her we need her expertise at the mansion~

~Yes professor~

~Thank you Kathryn~

Now he had to think of a way to keep Wolverine and the Captain away from each other.

~Piotr will you please come down to the Med Bay and will you bring Mrs. Storm, Mr. Castle and Dr. Strange down with you as well~

~Ya professor vat is going on~

~I will explain when I get down there hurry we don't have much time~

~Kay professor~

~Kurt will you please teleport me to the Med Bay~

~Yes professor~

It was mearly seconds before Kurt was in front of him, and then he was transported to the Med Bay.

It was then only a minute later when the elevator to the lower levels opened revealing Piotr, Sue Storm, Frank Castle, and Dr. Steven Strange.

"What is going on Mr. Xavier?" Sue Storm surprised voice asking him.

"Yeah Chuck, don't you usually have your X-groupies down here," Frank Castle said his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I don't have time to explain with words so I'll have to show you telepathically."

They all nodded their heads to acknowledge their permission for him to enter their minds, he didn't miss Castle rolling his eyes as well.

The three started see flashes of three of the professors most trusted team members unconscious, and the tension between Captain America and the infamous Wolverine.

"Gambit is already inside the Med Bay. I'll need you Mrs. Storm to carry Rogue inside and you Mr. Castle to carry in Scott."

"You can call me Frank, and what do you plan to do after we get them inside. I don't think either of those men will be okay with being separated from her."

"That's where you come in Dr. Strange can you do anything that will temporarily keep them out?"

"I have just the thing, do you have a doctor on staff yet?"

"She has not arrived yet."

"Would you like me to perform some of the test I am a licensed practitioner."

"That will be very helpful. Thank you."

"Piotr will you stand guard"

"Ya professor"

"I will be in the Med Bay if any of you need me"

They all nodded their heads and then both Strange and himself walked through the med bay doors.


Logan let Rodgers go down the elevator first not trusting himself to share such a small space with the other man.

The walked to the mansion had given him enough time to calm his animal side again. And he knew Marie would be more than displeased.

As he waited for the elevator to come back up he started to whisper in Marie's even though he knew she wouldn't respond.

"Wake up baby."

The doors to the elevator opened for him and he stepped inside.

" I can't lose you darlin', your my reason to breath,to eat,to drink, to live. I need you Marie. I lo..."

The elevator doors opened and four pairs of eyes were staring at him, including Rodgers. He started toward the Med Bay doors when a woman with blonde hair stopped him.

"Hello. My name is Sue Storm, the professor kindly asked me to take Rogue into the Med Bay as he feels any emotional tension could be detrimental to her recovery."

He started to hand Rogue over and gave her a light growl, he smelt her anxiety spike but other than that she held her ground.

"Take care of her."

"I promise." she responded, carrying her through the doors.

Moments passed and only Piotr, Logan, and Steve remained in the lobby.

"What're you still doing down here?"

"Fraid' I might take your girl when you're not looking Captain."

"I highly doubt she would be with someone like you"

"Like me, and what exactly is that?"

"A bad boy Wolverine"

At that moment a memory of something Jean told him came to mind.
"I love him Logan"

"Do you?"

"Girls flirt with the dangerous guy Logan, they don't take him home. They marry the good guy."


He was starting to get angry with this asshole. Who was he to say he wasn't the good guy. He stayed after Alkali Lake, taught her how to fight. Killed Jean cause he knew she would come after Marie next. Another memory popped into his head.

"The professor can help, he can fix it."

"I don't want to fix it," Jean no Phoenix said in a sinister voice.

~By the way Wolverine. After I get rid of the professor she's next~

He didn't realize till after Chuck's death who she was talking about, and thats why he stared at Marie during the entire funeral.


Hell. He found out his past for her, he made amends for her, he nearly died for her. Who was he to say he was not the good guy.

Logan stalked toward Rodgers. Piotr looked between the two having a bad feeling. Once Logan was in front of Rodgers, he gave him a grin that would scare the shit out of Sabretooth.

"You're right I'm not the good guy. I'm the hero and guess what the hero always gets the girl."


Since Scott was the closest on to him his mind is the first one he read. He saw images of Jean and Scott together. Their first date, their first kiss, when Logan and Rogue arrived, he saw Scott's sorrow at watching her die at Alkali Lake, Scott's joy at seeing her alive again, Scott's torture at the hands of Sinister. The professor was about to leave his mind when a message came through to him.

~ I am your coming storm, the bringer of darkness~

The professor didn't understand what the message meant, so he walked towards Gambit next trying to piece together the puzzle pieces.

Charles enter Gambits mind and saw dead bodies everywhere, cities destroyed. He saw a image of him with white hair, black and blue skin and red eyes, and his staff glowing with kinetic energy.

~Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. Nothing can stand in my way~

Charles was terrified to read the last mind because he now knew all three were connected, but he had to see how bad it was. Standing over Rogue's, he placed both his hands near her temples.

He was shocked to see no images like he did with Scott and Gambit. It was pitch black.

~Welcome professor~

Charles cringe with fear he recognized that voice anywhere.

~Phoenix~

~Yes. Thought you could lock me away again didn't you learn the first time?~

~Phoenix this woman won't be able to contain your power~
Charles said hoping to quash Phoenix's hope of power.

~You foolish man, I couldn't be happier to be in this body. She has more power than you can imagine, and now I'll be able to wield it. I'm no longer Jean Grey or Rogue. I am fire and ice. I am light and dark. I am life incarnate. I AM PHOENIX!~

Phoenix laughed manically at him.

~EMMA~

"Yes Charles," Emma said still teary eyed but shocked by the professors loud telepathic shout.

"Help me put up mental blocks. NOW!"
Chapter End Notes:
duh duh duh this is some serious bad news. review my pretties