Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long absence my lovelies. Unfortunately "real" life got in the way and my foe Writer's Block reared its ugly and unwanted head.
“Oh so you just fucking lied to everybody is that it?” Logan practically screamed in the professor’s face.

The professor backed up a bit at Logan’s intensity. “Logan please sit down and let me explain.”

Logan looked around at his comrades and decided the professor deserved a chance to explain himself.

“As I was going to say Logan, Hank was able to infiltrate and earn a trusted position with S.H.I.E.L.D. He agreed to be an inside man to feed me information regarding their plans.

“So the weapon that was supposedly stolen was just a ploy?” Storm asked with a confused look on her face that seemed to match the others.

“No it was really stolen Ororo, and we do in fact have a S.H.I.E.L.D informant under our roof, but this is the only way to draw him out.”

“I have a bad feeling about this professor.” Scott said his brow furrowed in worry.

Logan was about to add his two cents when he noticed the professor body tense up, and the scent of fear occupied the room. The professor’s eyes seemed to have glanced over.

“Professor are you al…?” Scott asked

“Sorry yes I’m quite fine.”

Logan still watching the professor’s movement noticed a small nod toward Rogue and Gambit. Turning his head to look at the two they were making their way to the door and exiting the room.


Rogue and Gambit left the room, because their control was slipping. Both Gambit and Rogue were cracking under the pressure of the pandemonium of thoughts and feelings everyone had going on. They both made their way to the exit doors and headed to the woods, which seemingly is the only place either of them could find Zen. Reaching the outskirts of the woods they both went their separate ways.


Gambit went left and headed deeper into the woods. Both Rogue and he knew that these woods went on for miles and it was very easy to get lost, and he made it a point to go as remote as he could so no one would feel inclined to follow him.

Gambit felt like he was walking for about twenty minutes and felt he was far enough into the woods.

He sat down on the hard earth, closed his eyes and started to meditate to gain control of the constant influx of emotions and thoughts he was still hearing. It wasn’t as intense as before since he distanced himself from the mansion but he could still feel the presence of some of the residents.


Even though the professor was still talking and his comrades were still asking questions, Logan drowned them out as his worry for Rogue was more prevalent. As he was about to shove his uncertainties away, he noticed to figures outside walking towards the woods. Focusing a little more on the two figures he recognized them to be Rogue and Gambit.

If it wasn’t for his enhanced senses, he wouldn’t have been able to see them as clearly as he did. Watching the two reach the outlier of the mansion and the entrance to the woods, he could see both of them clearly as they both nodded at each other and go their separate ways. He watched as Gambit went left and Rogue went right.

It took Logan a few moments to realize the meeting had concluded and the others left the room, leaving just the professor and himself.

“Well I should go.”

“Not so fast Logan.”

“What?” Logan said with a frustrated sigh.

“Give her some space Logan, then you can go look for her, but my advice would be to give her some time.”

“Okay!”

“I mean it Logan”

“I said okay.” Logan growled back.

The professor nodded his head, and Logan exit the office. As much as he wanted to talk to Marie and find out what was going on with her, he took the professors advice and decided to give her some space.


An Hour and Ten minutes later:

Logan couldn’t wait any longer. He was going to use the Danger Room but Scott was doing a training session with the some of the younger students, and the library was full of gossiping brats. He decided to head up to Marie’s room to see if she was back yet, he knew the Captain wasn’t in there because he was with Scott in the Danger Room.

“Fuck it. I been back for almost a week and she hasn’t tried to talk to me once. Well she’s going to talk to me whether she likes it or not.”

Logan made it up to her room and knocked on her door. He waited for about a minute and still no answer. He knocked again and waited still no answer. Deciding against better judgment he used his middle claw on his left hand to pick the lock. Marie’s scent wafted into his nose and he became a man obsessed, her aroma surrounded him like a glove and he felt more at home the further he entered into the room. Walking towards a dresser near the window, Logan noticed a scarf hanging out of one of the drawers, he grabbed the tail end of it, balled it in his hand and inhaled. Facing the window with the scarf still under his nose, he opens his eyes right when a bright purple electric light shot up from the trees.

Stuffing the scarf in his coat pocket, he headed downstairs toward the exit leading to the woods. Logan walked toward the entrance of the woods cautiously. Reaching the opening he stopped to see if he heard any sounds or smell anything. As Logan started to get further into the woodland, he started to see that bright purple light. As he headed toward it a loud boom to his right caught his attention. Thinking he should ignore and still head toward the light, another loud bomb like noise came from his right. Unable to ignore it any further he ran toward the sounds that were getting louder as he got closer.

The scene he came upon blew him away. At least five tall oak trees were seemingly ripped from the earth and then tossed aside like they were weeds to be disposed of. Looking up towards the skies he saw Marie holding the trunk of an oak tree ready to toss it to the earth. Curious to see the method to her madness he watched as she toss the tree towards the pile of others, as it got closer to the ground it looked like it slowed down, and then it completely stopped. At first she seemed happy with the result but seconds later her face changed to one of panic and she lost not only control of the tree but her flight as well. Logan sprang into action to save her, she was still falling toward the earth when the tree hit the hard earth. Being so close to the impact knocked Logan onto his ass, and all he could do was watch as Marie fell towards the ground at an alarming speed.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed the new installment,let me know so I can keep it coming. ( :