Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys,

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update, it's just that I'm having trouble getting the flow for the middle of this story. I saw the begginning and end, but I'm not finding a cohesive middle to make it a good Rogan fic. If there are any ideas you can bounce off that would be FABulous. Well as always happy holidays.
Steve watched the rise and fall of her chest, and a bittersweet happy feeling surge through him. Partly because when he first saw Rogue she reminded him so much of Peggy that he felt like fate had decided to provide him a second chance, but he also knew their relationship wouldn’t last forever because you know, relationships that start under intense circumstances, they never last.

Intense Circumstances! That wasn’t even covering the description of their first meeting. As much as he loved the woman lying beside him in their bed as he cradled her in his arms, there was a quality about her that frightened him. That was a shocker even to him considering this was coming from a man who used to weigh a whopping 115 pounds, was originally 5 feet 6 inches tall, but still had the nerve to try and enroll in the Army eight times until Dr. Erskine choose him for the Super Soldier initiative. The Hulk was the only other superhuman that instilled that much fear in him, and it wasn’t just because of his monstrous strength, but because he’s loose cannon and all you could hope for is that things hopefully turn out well.

Rogue never told him much about what had happened that year she was held captive, and if he actually thought about it the most information he received was when Rogue, Gambit, and Scott debriefed them as a group, and even he knew much of the story they told had been glazed over. Steve wasn’t stupid, he heard the rumors the others said about Rogue and Gambit, and it was coming to a point where he couldn’t deny their truisms anymore.

Shaking himself out of his reverie, he started to gently shake Rogue awake remembering the Professor asked to see them all at 1500 hours, and considering it was early afternoon it was time to get out of bed.

“Hey Baby it’s time to wake up,” Steve whispered in her ear while he used his other arm to keep jostling her moderately.

Rogue stretched out her body and yawned, “Just give me twenty more minutes.”

Steve looked at their alarm clock and figured twenty more minutes wouldn’t hurt. “Okay beautiful, I’ll give you twenty but I’m waking you up after my shower.”

“Humph.”

Steve silently chuckled at her failed attempt of acknowledgement and made his way to the shower. He made his shower quick so he wouldn’t lose track of time and wake Rogue up. Exiting the bathroom he proceeded to dry himself off, and walked over to his dresser to put some boxer briefs on.

“Oh! I was kinda liking the view there sugah,” Rogue said jutting out her lip to feign a pout.

Steve gave a toothy grin to his lover, and then responded, “You can see plenty more after the meeting.”
Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she rose up and walked to the bathroom to get in the shower. “Long or short?” she asked twisting her neck to look over her shoulder at Steve.

“It’s going to have to be short,” he responded.
Rogue hated short showers; she always felt that showers were a luxury and that it helped relieve tension. Turning both faucets she put her hand under the running water until it was a temperature she liked. Pulling her green shower sponge off the faucet, she started to lather it with soap. She repeated the cleansing process two times, rinsed herself off, and then turned off the shower. Grabbing her towel she started to dry herself off, feeling she was dry enough she opened the bathroom door and walked over to her dresser. Grabbing her lotion on the counter she began to work the moisturizer into her skin from bottom to top.

Completely dressed Steve turned to see if Rogue was ready. He was greeted with the site of her wiggling into her panties, and he couldn’t help noticing his clothes seemed to get tighter near his nether regions.

~This woman is going to be the death of me~

Steve knew if he kept watching her, he wouldn’t be able to contain himself. So he turned on the television and knowing Rogue hated watching the news, he tried to find something more upbeat to watch. Steve pulled up the guide and searched through the channels for something that would appease him but found nothing. Turning the TV off he turned to see if Rogue was done getting dressed, and though she had all her clothes on she was still putting on her makeup.

“I’m almost done I swear,” Rogue said looking through the mirror at Steve.

“I don’t know why you have to put makeup on for a meeting downstairs with the professor.”

“Cause I want to look good,” Rogue countered.

Getting up from his seated position on the edge of the bed he walked over to her, and stood behind her. “You always look good. Remember makeup just enhances your beauty it doesn’t create it.”

Rolling her eyes, she continued putting her makeup on.

Finally done applying her makeup, she tilted her head up and replied, “By the way-thank you for the advice Oprah,” and then kissed him on the lips. “Let’s Go.”



Logan could smell them before they even entered the door, so when the knob turned and the door opened Logan was far from surprised to see Rogue and the Captain enter the conference room.

Logan couldn’t help but notice the Cap become more possessive of Rouge when he saw him staring at her. He also led Rogue towards the farthest area in the room away from Logan.

As irritated as Logan was from the Rodger’s display, he knew moving closer would just make his advances more obvious. Logan wasn’t great at many things, but women weren’t one of them. Through his many years on earth he had developed the subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle art of picking up women, and he would be damned if he was going to let his jealousy of Rodger’s get in the way of getting Marie.

It was at that moment the professor entered the meeting room…
Chapter End Notes:
I will try and update soon. Thank you for your patience.