Author's Chapter Notes:
Just as I promised a descriptionof how Steve and Rogue met, though it's in the eyes of someone unexpected. Once again I would like to thank WitchBaby for her review.
The X-men and their pompous beliefs that they could make the world a better place. He was still angry that they stopped him in the middle of his experiments.

Sinister balled up his large left hand into a fist and pounded it onto the table sitting in front of him. Releasing much of his pent up rage, he thought back on how things were finally working in his favor again. The X-men or mainly Charles Xavier attentions were so focused on the Superhuman Registration Act and the oncoming Civil War that he failed to notice Sinister was still alive. At first Sinister was surprised at the naiveté of Xavier until he saw the seriousness of the unfolding events, and decided that he would use this war to his advantage.

Thinking back he prided himself on creating three of the most powerful mutants alive.

//Lying on the shores of Alkali Lake was Scott Summers, seeming to all that he was dead to the world. Red eyes watched from the bushes to see if any civilians were nearby. Emerging from his hiding place Sinister checked Scott’s pulse to ensure that he was in fact alive. Satisfied he lifted his unconscious form easily onto his shoulder, and walked a short distance to his underground facility. His original plans included producing a child that of Jean Grey and Scott Summers to create the perfect mutant.

Sinister kept track of Phoenix’s whereabouts hoping for the opportunity where Jean would surface and he could bring her back here. Those plans failed utterly as he witnessed the events of Alcatraz, but he saw a ray of hope as the mutant called Rogue absorbed all that was Jean Grey/Phoenix into her very being. His files were limited regarding all of the other X-men his main focus was always on Scott and Jean. So he observed Rogue, and he saw how she struggled with her newly acquired telepathy and telekinesis, and he could never seem to find a way to get her alone.

Then opportunity presented itself in the form of Rogue’s new boyfriend Gambit, who lo and behold was now an X-man. So Sinister followed the happy couple, and for nearly a year he had to wait for the perfect opportunity. It finally came.

Sinister had one of the Nasty Boys follow them to a small family owned restaurant in New Orleans; Hairbag waited hours for them to exit the restaurant and finally when he saw them making their way back to the car they parked outside he shot both of them with a tranquilizer tailored just for mutants. With his enhanced strength he picked up both Rogue and Gambit one at a time and threw them in the back of the truck, he knew the sedative would last the day.

Hopping into the front of the car, he started the engine and backed out of the alley behind the restaurant. Hairbag knew no one saw him; he made sure he picked a location where no one on the street or in the restaurant would see him. He looked in the rearview mirror routinely just to make sure he wasn’t being followed, and was satisfied that he wasn’t. Making his way to the shorefront of the Gulf of Mexico, he parked the car on the beach and waited for the miniature Submarine Sinister said he would send.

Exiting the driver’s seat he left the two unconscious bodies in the backseat, while he waited for the nautical. It only took him a few moments for him to see bubbling in the water, looking around to see he was alone, he walked over and popped open the hatch. Walking back to the car he grabbed both Gambit and Rogue simultaneously exerting much of his enhanced strength. Finally making his way to the open hatch he shoved both of them in not so gently, and then sat in the driver’s seat. Pushing the blue button that said close hatch it started to close in on them.

The screen in the front started to crackle and came to life with Sinister’s face on the monitor screen.

“Did you retrieve the specimens?”

“Yes sir on our way now, I will be there in a few hours.”

“Good. The coordinates have already been put in.”

As the engine started, the screen had flickered off. The nautical pushed itself under the water towards its destination, and now they were completely submerged. Hairbag relaxed his head back against the headboard to fall asleep, knowing the tranquilizer would still be in effect when he woke up.


Rogue opened her eyes slowly, and at first all she could see were blurry figures surrounding her. After blinking a few times her eyes adjusted and she could see she was cuffed to a wall next to Gambit, and that she appeared to be underground. Hearing groaning to the right of her she could see that Gambit was also starting to wake up.

“Gambit! Are you okay?”

“Cherie is that you?”

“Well it’s nice to see that you two have decided to rejoin the living,” Sinister said noticing his guests had awakened.

“Yeah no thanks to you- you fucking powder puff. Who’re you supposed to be anyways a Count Dracula impersonator?” Rogue said to insult Sinister.

Sinister lifted one of his eyebrows to show how unimpressed he was, and it was not unlike the expression Logan would give to others when he was unmoved.

“Let’s just say I will be your liberator and I will bring you both to your destiny.”

“What are you off you fucking meds or something?”

“Quiet Rogue. Neither of you may understand now but you will. Bring him out.”

Rogue looked at Sinister shocked that he knew her name, looking towards Remy she began to struggle in her bonds but to no avail. That is when they both noticed someone being dragged out by two larger mutants. Squinting her eyes she could swear that she recognized the captive man, and as he got closer a light bulb went off and she knew whom she was seeing.

“Scott?”

It was at this moment Jean resurfaced in her mind, and things started to float nearby her.

“Who’s that?” Scott responded not recognizing the voice even though it was familiar.

She was about to respond Jean, but shook it off knowing that her emotional response to the man was not her own.

“Rogue.”

She could tell Scott was about to say something but Sinister cut him off.

“Oh this is perfect. I thought I had lost Jean at Alcatraz but she lives on in you Rogue.”

Rogue noticed the distraught that overcame Scott as he put two and two together. Scott learned that he had lost the woman he loved twice.

“Slab retrieve a vial of Rogue and Gambits blood for testing.”

“Don’t you dare fucking touch her or me for that matter.”

Sinister knowing Rogue’s newfound telekinesis would be a problem activated the sedative injector in their restraints as they began to drift off again, Sinister told them something.

“The name is Mr. Sinister by the way, and we will be getting to know each other for a while.”


Rogue, Gambit, and Scott all woke up in a cell together, not exactly sure how much time had passed or if anyone was looking for them yet.

Rogue thought of Logan and wondered if he would come back to find her, and as much as she loved Gambit a small piece of her always held out hope that Logan would want to be with her. Starting to feel guilty at the thoughts she was having she started to talk to Scott.

“How long have you been here Scott?”

“Beats the hell out of me, it’s not like they provided me a calendar.”

The attitude didn’t escape her attention, and yet she didn’t blame him. They had thought Scott dead for 9 fucking months and if he had been here the whole time, she would be bitter too.

“Sorry man,” Gambit said and Rogue wasn’t sure if he was apologizing on her behalf or just for Scott’s misfortune.
Scott looked between Gambit and Rogue and knew he shouldn’t be taking his anger out of them.

“Sorry I snapped at you Rogue. Let’s just say it’s been too long.”

“It’s ok Scott,” Rogue replied empathetically.

“I know you probably don’t want to talk about this Scott but what have they done to you?” Gambit asked of him, feeling the more they know the more prepared they could be. Scott’s answer shocked him.

“Nothing really just blood test, and they forced me to use my powers occasionally, but Sinister would keep saying he wasn’t ready yet.”

Both Gambit and Rogue stared at each other confused, because it just didn’t make sense to keep someone hostage and not ask for a ransom or use them to fulfill some purpose. All three of them began to feel tired all of the sudden, due to the gas seeping into their cell. All three fell to the ground hard and passed out.

Unfortunately for the lot of them they were about to discover what Sinister had in store for them.


Rogue, Gambit and Scott felt like their heads had been hit with a bat. Rogue in an attempt to reach up and touch her temples discovered her hands were tied down. Starting to panic she tried to scream and felt the gag around her mouth tighten. Next she tried to lift her entire body and felt that along with her hands her feet, and torso were also strapped down. She even tried tapping into Jean’s telekinesis to try and lift the restraints but no dice. All of them finally noticed their surroundings and noticed they weren’t the only ones strapped to a table, as they stared at each other in horror noticing the gags in their mouths and manacles constraining them. They also couldn’t help following a set of connected wires attached to all three of them.

“Are we ready to begin?” Sinister said while standing in the middle of all three of the metal stretchers. Holding his hand behind his ear, he challenged the three of them to answer back when they couldn’t he continued to speak. “Now I’m sure all of you have noticed that you are connected to a conduit of wires, these wires produce electricity. Now what you don’t know is I test all three of your blood samples, then tested them together and the result was phenomenal I must say. All three of you share a bond that is noticeable in your blood, I’m not sure as to the why but it’s still fascinating. So what we will try today is making that bond a physical reality.”

“yah shupta uph shugh,” Gambit screamed undiscernibly through the gag, his eyes turning a deep velvet and black shade.

“Sorry what was that?”

“Mumuph fukuph ah kump yah”

“Ruckus if you wouldn’t mind turning on the conduit."Sinister said ignoring Gambit mumbled ramblings.
As soon as he filled the switch all three knew they were in for some pain. At first the electric shocks just tickled but then it turned into searing pain. The gags smothered the majority of their screams.

It felt like their insides were being ripped out, and they were surprised they weren’t being ripped apart. Scott was the first to notice that between the searing pains, he could hear both Gambit and Rogue’s thoughts and feel what they were feeling. It took both Gambit and Rogue a little longer to realize that all three of them could hear each other’s thoughts, and feel each other’s emotions.

“Ruckus turn it off,” Sinister shouted above their cries.
Sinister stared at all three of them and notice Scott was twitching slightly on the table, Gambit was clenching and unclenching his fist while taking large amounts of air, and Rogue was crying tears streaming down her face.

~Can you hear me? ~

~I’ll kill you Sinister I’ll fucking kill you~ Gambit angrily shouted telepathically.


“It worked this is brilliant, oh I have much more in store for all of you.”

Two others came into the room and the bigger one grabbed Gambit, who couldn’t fight back due to his muscles feeling weakened. The other grabbed Scott who wasn’t in any better shape. The mutant who handled the toggle for the electricity grabbed Rogue and all three were dragged back to their cells.


Over the next year Sinister performed an array of experiments on them both as a group and separately. He felt he was exceedingly close to creating the perfect set of mutants, considering their body chemistry match perfectly. That’s when the X-men found his lair. Their battles with his Nasty Boys caused the facility to crumble apart, the last thing he saw was Gambit and Scott being led to safety by their friends. Rogue happened to be rescue by a new comer who wore a strange uniform of red, white, and blue, and was extremely tall and muscular. //



As Sinister came back from his musing, he thought that things were going according to plan. Given the circumstances the world was about to see evolution in the making in just a matter of a few months. Sitting down in his chair, he pressed both his hands together in a way that it made a spade looking shape between them. A menacing smile started to form on his face and his face slowly disappeared into the shadows the only thing that could be seen was his glowing red eyes
Chapter End Notes:
I know that wasn't very nice so guess what I PROMISE that I will give a more detail account of how Steve and Rogue's relationship began, unless I don't get any reviews then I can't promise that I'll keep my promise. jk