Author's Chapter Notes:
I want to thank both WitchBaby and RaveRRat for thier reviews. This chapter is more of a flashback of the third chapter from Rogue's pov and will be leading into my next chapter which will explain the origins of Rogue and Steve's relationship. Enjoy.
The thing about passion is it’s all about something or someone that stimulates you emotionally, no logical explanations or rational thought, just unadulterated raw emotion.

Just leaving the library Rogue made her way to Gambit’s room, and though she still doesn’t know the specifics of what Sinister did to them she knew the Gambit and herself had a closer bond now than they ever had dating. They had developed a psychic bond much like the theories scientist have mentioned about twins. She could feel what he felt, knew what he was thinking, and vice versa. Much to her chagrin she believed this was the reason for their breaking up, and though she enjoyed having at least one person understand what she’s going through, she couldn’t help feeling whether her link with Remy was more of a blessing or a curse.

Remy already knew she was standing in front of his door so she wasn’t surprise to see him open the door.

“Rogue,” pursing her name through his lips, not seeming the least bit surprised she was here.

“Remy,” Rogue said acknowledging his greeting.

To the naked eye Rogue and Remy greeting would look more like a two person Mexican standoff, but to someone like the Professor, Scott, or Emma it would be hubbub of thoughts between the two of them. Its’ funny how other than Jubes and Kitty, Gambit was one her closest friends but most of their conversations are telepathic not verbal.

Walking into his room, and sitting on the corner of his bed she looked toward him.

“I know since I’ve been thinking this you already know what I’m going to ask you.”

“Then you’ll also know my answer will be yes, and that I have felt a shift in my powers non,” Remy responded to her vague question.

“How’re you handling it,” Rogue asked worried about her friend.

“Hmm. Let’s just say my empathic abilities have tripled where I cannot only feel the emotional state of everyone on this floor, but also the one above and below us, and lately I’ve been having psychic visions.”

“What? Like seeing the future?”

“Yeah chere,” he sighed rubbing his temples. “Enough about me though belle what about you?”

“My telepathy has been going out of control lately, I can hear everyone. Also I’ve noticed the flight, strength, and telekinesis been acting peculiar.”

“You mean the other day when you tried to lift a book but couldn’t, when we were training and you needed Pete to help you lift that metal shield, or the fact you could barely levitate three inches off the ground.”

A chuckle escaped Rogue’s throat. “Yeah I’m pretty sure that would be classified as peculiar, also Steve told me that for the last month that I’ve been having nightmares that make the entire bedroom shake, and me levitating in our bed.”

Rogue looked up to Remy’s face and saw the forced smile on his face, and she knew exactly what he was thinking. He was thinking that as pointless as these conversations were because they already knew what each other was thinking and going to say they were also therapeutic.

Remy walked a few short steps to embrace Rogue.

“You know no matter what happens I’ll always be there for you chere.”

“Yeah I know swamp rat.”

This time she got a genuine smile out of him, and he whispered in her ear “I love it when you talk dirty.”

Feeling like a small piece of the burden on her shoulders had been lifted she left his room knowing Jubilee was coming up so her and Remy can spend quality time together. Making her way back to the library, she heard a thought so loud she could have sworn the person was standing next to her. ~ Yeah sorry bub that little pea shooter isn’t going to work on me~

“Logan?” she said to herself to shocked to believe it was him.

Something compelled her to find out if it was true he had returned to the mansion, by the time she had gotten to the main stairwell she saw that he was talking to Hank. Not knowing where the surge of emotions came from but seeing him there she felt a strange animal attraction to him, and instead of seeing Logan there she saw Wolverine.

Making her way down the stairs, she made her presence known.

“Well I’ll be damned the Big Bad Wolverine has returned.”
Hank and Logan turned to see her descend down the staircase, and though her empathic abilities were nowhere near Gambit’s she could feel the lust and arousal coming of Logan in waves. Almost toward the bottom of the stairs Logan answered her.

“Yeah Darling I’m back. Did you miss me?” Rogue couldn’t help noticing the obvious flirtation in his answer.

“Maybe a little,” she retorted as she flirted back with him.

Stepping into an embrace with him, she couldn’t help detecting that underneath all the lust and arousal he was feeling there was strong undertone of love. She snapped out of her frenzy, and started thinking of Steve and wondered where the animal attraction came from.

Going back to all business, she laid her authoritative voice on somewhat thick. “It’s nice to have you back; we’ll catch up later though I have some business to take care of.”

“Yeah darling we’ll catch up later okay,” he said a hopeful glint in his hazel eyes.

Rogue gave him a quick smile, and walked in the opposite direction. Starting to realize how fucked she truly was, and for lack of a better term her powers, mind, and body were going Rogue.
Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you think my pretties, cause I just LLLLLOVE reviews.