Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the last of the spy game chapters, and Logan's pov
Logan couldn’t deny that he regretted leaving the mansion. Since the professor's death Storm had taken the responsibility and hardship of being the Headmaster of the school, mutant-human relationships was in the shitter because of the supposed incident at Alcatraz being the first domino to fall in a line of many, and even though he knew Marie would need her best friend he left being the selfish prick that he was to sort things out in his head.

~Yeah more like you left the woman you love believe you were in love with someone else, and that you were grieving her death~

Logan shook his head subtlety to get rid of the self-loathing thoughts rattling in his head. He cared about Jean that much had been true but he was never in love her. Memories of that night plague his mind again.

//“You would die for them?”

“No. Not for them. For you. For you.”

Logan was hoping what he said would bring out the humanity that was still in Jean, and he was relieved it worked.He saw her face changed to one of rage and it was replaced to one of fear and misery.

“Save me.”

This was the moment Storm asked if he was ready for, and he knew without a doubt he was. As long as Jean lived so would the Phoenix, and the Phoenix put them all in danger.

He was ready to stab her, and it was that instant that two things happened Rogue’s hands were closing around Jean’s head and Jean said something that made him blurt out the words meant for Marie.

He knew Jean knew Rogue was behind her, just from the short telepathic message she transmitted to him.

~Tell her Logan~

The words I love you just blurted out it seemed like Jean forced them out of his mouth, Logan looked toward the heavens while both women flew sky high and Jean struggled in Rogue’s hand. From the angle he was standing all he could see at first was Jean’s face contorted in pain then her face relaxing into a look of peace. As they both fell back to earth he could tell the second woman was Rogue. It seemed like he was running toward their falling forms through cement because he just couldn’t reach them in time. That’s when he screamed over both Rogue’s unconscious form and Jean’s dead corpse.

"Nooooooooooooooo."

"Noooooooooooo"

Logan scooped Marie in his arms and cried useless buckets of salt.//


That memory constantly plagues and even more now since he has the chance to relieve his failures in this room. It seems like he’s always failing someone he couldn’t save Scott or Chuck from Jean, he couldn’t save Jean from herself, and now he couldn’t save Marie from the whims of a madmen.

He was genuinely surprised by the cold war feeling New York gave off since he returned, before he left the mansion things seemed fine. We had a president who understood and respected us, he even appointed Hank the United States Ambassador to the United Nations. So he left to sort of his growing feelings, and become a man Marie could be proud of.

He traveled the world, and within a years’ time met old friends and enemies who help his forgotten memories deluge his mind. Remembering who he was was the worst thing to happen to him, he was a monster and a murderer. When he wasn’t killing someone he would stand by and let others do it for him, namely his brother Victor. There was no way he could be the man Marie needed when he at least didn’t try to mend the wrongs he had done, and it was a lot. So he travelled to the dark corners of the world he didn’t remember he had been before and mended what relationships he could, or helped people along the way.

But it seemed that no matter how much good he did, it didn’t help his insecurity that he would never be good enough for Marie or fill the void deep within his soul. So he decided Marie was better off without him, and that she was too good to be with a monster like him.

Pulling himself out his dark thoughts he looked at the professor who was still seated at the end of the table, and he was relieved that finding this mole was taking a bigger priority on Chuck’s mind than asking Logan why he had decided to return to the mansion. Logan wasn’t quite sure he was ready to divulge his true agenda on his surprise return. He wasn’t ready to tell the professor that the real reason he had come back to the mansion was because eight weeks ago he meant a prophetic mutant that told him that in the next few months Marie is going to die.
Chapter End Notes:
I promise next chapter will have a confrontation between our revealed traitor and the rest of the xmen. Please review my pretties.