Author's Chapter Notes:
What Rogues thinking at the table.
She didn’t know who she was anymore. When Logan first brought her to the mansion she was Marie. Yeah Marie was a little broken and damaged from almost killing the first guy she kissed but it was still Marie underneath the untouchable skin, but that all changed after Liberty Island. Rogue remembered hearing the professor and Jean talking in the halls believing she wasn’t able to hear them, but she still had Logan keen senses and could hear every word they were saying. Both of them believed Rogue would separately have Logan and Magneto’s nightmares, and how she wished that was true. It was when Rogue first absorbed David that she discovered that whatever personality she absorbed meshed with her memories and became a part of her. So when the nightmares started it wasn’t like she was looking down at Logan submerged underwater with needles poked into his body but more like she could actually fill the water closed in around her while hot metal oozed throughout her body. When she dreamed about the memories of Auschwitz she didn’t see Magneto screaming for his family while crushing a metal gate with his hands, it was her crushing the actual gate while the Nazi guards were being dragged along with her. She even remembers the butt of the gun hitting her in the face.

Rogue looked at Gambit and remembered that it was the embodiement of Rogue who fell in love with him. Then turning to look at Logan who was staring back at her from across the table she found out it was Marie who had fallen in love with him. Presently she didn’t know who she was though; she was constantly drifting back and forth through all her personalities. She didn’t know much of what Sinister did to her, but she believed he was able to somehow turn all the personalities in her head into one persona instead of the compendium of voices she had before. Rogue remembered when Carol used to scream at her in her head that it was her fault that she was dead, and the Phoenix just told her how insignificant and mortal she was while Jean thanked her for saving her. Now the voices she was familiar with are gone and were replaced by the lurid thoughts of those around her. Another thing she remembered was that before they were kidnapped the voices and memories of those she touched were the only lasting side-effect she incurred when touching someone, but now she hears no voices but has all these powers she hasn’t gotten complete control over.

She was surprised no one brought up her nightmares, Steve especially. It was becoming a daily occurrence where every time she had a nightmare the room would shake and they would both wake up to objects levitating in the air. Every one also ignored the fact that her eyes were constantly changing color. She knew they recognized the changes going on with her just like they recognized the changes that were going on with Gambit and Scott. The thing about telepathy is even with total control certain thoughts still trickle through the walls that you set up to protect yourself, and all the thoughts she could hear regarding her were all about how much they feared her. The only ones who seemed not to fear her were again Scott and Remy, who from what she can decipher were in the same boat as she was.

She once again looked at Remy, and while doing so she could hear the jealous thoughts Logan was thinking. Much to Rogue’s derision there was a sick twisted part of her that enjoyed seeing Logan jealous over her. In the old days when she had a strange impulse or desire she could chalk it up to an overzealous personality in her head.
She knew the professor already knew who the traitor was but she felt this meeting had more to it than just determining who was a mole, but also trying to ascertain who could be a threat to their operation. The professors thoughts were scattered but bits and pieces were trickling in and she knew he was worried about the reasons for Logan’s return, who was the mole in our midst, and the most shocking piece of information she picked up was that he was afraid that both Remy and her psychic walls were disintegrating.
Chapter End Notes:
There's one more part to write which is Logans