Author's Chapter Notes:
Whats going on with gambit. I would also like to thank wolviedoesitbest for the review and as always all my readers thank you.
Gambit looked at the woman sitting beside him and remembered a time where he was madly in love with her. No one really talked about what happened nearly a year and half ago, and he figured for good reason cause the whole ordeal was pretty foggy for Rogue, Scott, and himself. It wasn’t long ago that the most he could remember of the torment they went through was blurry faces and distorted voices, but lately it seemed as if a wall had opened up and along with the memories came a surge of power he wasn’t quite sure he was ready for.

The empathic abilities Gambit used to possess weren’t advanced it was more useful in blocking psychic attacks or intrusions from telepaths, but the past few weeks had him feeling the emotions of those within a five yard radius and he was even channeling some of their feelings. The sudden changes in his abilities were nothing compared to the nightmares he was experiencing.

He figured most of the nightmares were repressed memories, he could actually see their faces and hear what they were saying now, and regrettably he could see what they were doing to him and his comrades. His nights now consisted of him tangling all his extremities in his bed sheets and then bolting upright in a cold sweat. When Logan returned to the mansion there was a point where he considered asking the man how he handled his nightmares of the lab.

All the pieces weren’t evident to him yet since he couldn’t remember all he had dreamt about, but he at least remembered when and where Rogue and he were snatched away. The how was still up for speculation.

//“Remy these chocolate strawberries are delicious,”

Rogue said before using her tongue to lick the remaining chocolate on her lips.

New Orleans had always felt like home to him, and he couldn’t think of a better place to propose to Rogue there. He never felt this way about any women, and he had been with an assortment of them. Rogue was a puzzle wrapped inside of a mystery wrapped inside an enigma. One minute she was a fierce warrior, and the next she was just as vulnerable as any other women, and the fact that her beauty could put the Greek goddess Aphrodite to shame didn’t help his love-struck heart.

“Mon chere don’t eat too many leave room for the main course.”

They didn’t have to wait long till their dinner was ready and brought to them. Gambit felt his father’s restaurant was the perfect place to ask for her hand.

“Cherie I need to ask you something.”

“What is it Remy?”

Gambit couldn’t help the little smile spreading onto his face. He could tell he was starting to worry her with his long silence so he pushed his nerves down and got up from his seat. Standing in front of her he dropped down to kneel on his left knee, and he face changed to worry from shock and surprise. Pulling open the gray jewelry case holding the engagement ring he got her, he slowly directed the ring toward her so she could see it.

“Will you marry me?"

“Yes!”

They hugged each other for a lengthy amount of time, and then returned to their dinner before it got cold. While they ate they discussed some of their plans for the future, and they both agreed neither wanted a huge wedding just family and friends present.//


That’s all he can remember, and it’s a constant reminder of what Sinister stole from him. Now all he has is horrific nightmares and memories to plague him.
Chapter End Notes:
till next time review my pretties