Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...
Marie relied on her senses to get her out of this maze or at least find a window. She took a mental second on complementing herself for being spot on time.

She heard Wolverine's claws come out and just as she felt him prepare to tackle her, she flew upwards. Once near the ceiling, she looked down at a shocked Wolverine. This time Beast proceeded to attack and agilely jumped up to meet her.

But she simply smiled and flew through the ceiling, pushing the metal apart and allowing her head to break through the structure and coming in front of a surprised Iceman. She gave him a gentle push and he flew back down to the end of the hall.

Before he could process what had happened, she was flying towards the ceiling and breaking through the next level again. Seeing the nearest window, she flew straight towards it, barreling into glass. It shattered around her as she flew up and turned to see small explosions lighting the sky on the far end of the mansion.

When it suddenly started to rain, she became drenched and saw Storm making it rain to put out the fires.

Marie heard the chopper and turned around to see it twenty feet in front of her. Her mother gave her a toothy smile as Emma motioned for her to hurry.

She aimed for the chopper when she suddenly felt herself weighted down. She glanced downwards to see Wolverine had jumped from the window she shattered and had grabbed onto her legs.

"You never give up, do you?" she asked.

"You're not getting away from me that easily," he said preparing to dig his claws in her with a feral smile.

She smiled, but in that split second, she caught his gaze. Intense hazel and chocolate brown were locked and Wolverine couldn't finish the job.

"I wasn't lying about what I said," she said.

"I know." Wolverine looked back at the mansion in defeat.

"Xavier wants to paint us as the bad guys for doing exactly what he wants you to do."

"I know," came the solemn response.

"We aren't the bad guys. It's not too late to join us. Bring everyone around. Make them see the cold hard truth."

He looked deep into her, Marie felt her soul on fire.

"I…don't know what to believe," he said looked back at her.

She nodded. "What do you think needs to be done?"

He looked back at the mansion. She didn't need to be a telepath to see his gaze was honed in on a particular redhead. So apparently he had some issues with the crazy bitch.

She gave him a sad smile. "Your indecisiveness disappoints me."

Wolverine whipped his head around to her as she easily peeled his grip off of her. She held him by one arm and tossed him onto the nearest rooftop.

Marie flew up into the chopper and beside Emma.

"You guys owe me big time for this. Please tell me you at least got the job done."

Raven gave her a thumbs-up as she guided the chopper off of Xavier's grounds.

"So what's with you and Wolverine?" Emma asked as she handed her a pair of headphones.

"He's hot. Definitely fuckable. May come around in time," Rogue replied as she donned the headphones to listen to her father.