Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...
CHUCK! Logan shouted as he made his way back upstairs. Where are you?

In my office.


Logan took every shortcut he knew and met Chuck at his office door.

"Logan, what is going on? What's the matter?"

"She's a telepath!"

Charles eyes widened. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. She knew what I was thinking."

"Get Hank and meet me downstairs."

Ten minutes later, Hank, Charles and Logan were watching Rogue on the screen again.

"Her mutation is more complex than we thought," Hank said watching her every movement.

"That could explain why she could block my telepathy," Charles said.

"She must be quite powerful," Hank continued.

"Which makes us wonder what other powers she has," Logan said, "And why would Buckethead let her go and not try to rescue her."

"It's time to really find out. Gentlemen," Charles motioned and all three men went to confront the Rogue.

"Logan, Logan," she tsked. "I knew you'd go tattle. Now what can I do for you guys?"

"You've certainly surprised us," Charles said.

"Well, that's me. I'm just full of surprises."

"How did you pick up telepathy?" Hank asked.

"Why do you all ask questions you know the answers to? I learned from the best. Someone who Charles kicked out a while back for her so called ethical dilemmas, but would actually give you a run for your money now."

"Emma Frost." Charles stated.

"Yup. The one and only. If you don't mind telling me, I would appreciate knowing how many days I've been contained here."

"Three." Hank piped up.

Rogue nodded. "So day one, you leave me here to rot. Day two you send Beast in here to run tests. And day three, you all just go crazy and overdo it. But anyhow, you know what they say, fish and guests smell after three days."

"You're saying you're gonna leave?" Logan asked.

"Yup. Just waiting for dear old Emma to give me a sign. It shouldn't be too long now."

"Sorry darling, I don't see you leaving here any time soon."

Rogue turned to Beast. "Hmm… my dear Beast, will you be so kind to tell me what time it is. To the second, please?"

"1:07 and 50 seconds. AM."

"Well the time has arrived sooner than I thought. What a coincidence!" She said sarcastically. "I must fly this coup soon." Eight…seven…

All three men were confounded. Five…four…

Logan stepped forward. "How do you plan on doing that?"

"Simple. I mean it literally." Two…one.

Before three pairs of staring eyes, she lifted her hands up and the chains easily snapped as if they were paper.

"I'll be seeing you suckers later," she said as she barreled past them.

Logan was the first to recover and go after her with Hank hot on his tail. Charles immediately sent out a mental distress call to the other X-men.

A resounding boom suddenly rocked the far side of the mansion. Rogue turned around to see Logan and Hank frozen in the middle of the hall.

"My mother loves to outdo herself."