Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...
Marie rolled her eyes at the ceiling. She was still waiting for Emma's telepathic signal. How long did it take for her mother to get the job done? Granted it was her own mess that got her here.

Marie yawned. She really wanted to stretch, but the chains were holding her down. Damned motherfuckers didn't unlock the chains before they left. She didn't want to draw suspicion either by molding the metal. She dropped her head backwards and yawned again. She could at least sleep while she waited.

Two minutes later, the door burst open and the redhead stormed into the cell.

"Marie D'Ancanto," she said as she telekinetically closed the door and stalked to her side while carrying a plastic bag.

So they had done their research. "Jean Grey. I prefer Rogue." And it's Lensherr, not D'Ancanto, bitch. But she didn't need to add fuel to the fire.

Jean smiled sinisterly. She leaned closer. "You're not in a position to make any demands."

So this bitch wanted to play. "Whew. You smell."

Jean was taken aback.

"I mean the least you could do is wash that Cajun scent off of you. Does your Boy Scout know you play around or are you both into the swinging deal?"

Jean backhanded her.

Marie returned her sinister smile. "Well the next time you see that Swamp Rat, tell him he owes me an orgasm or two."

Jean slapped her again.

Marie was gonna claim special treatment for years to come for subjecting herself to this torture. The Southern fire and animal in her were roaring to wrap her fingers around Jean Grey's throat.

"What you don't like the truth?" Marie asked.

"I don't like your lies," Jean said placing the bag on the table.

"Is that so?"

Jean slapped her again.

Marie's neck cracked as soon as she whipped her head forward. So, it seems like these X-men were highly unpredictable. It at least proved the point about her selective blindness theory.

If Jean was expecting to beat information out of her, there was no way she was getting it from Marie.

Marie looked up into the redhead's eyes and found them to be fiery. Not Marie's kind of fire. The all consuming fire. Aah, Emma warned her about this one.

"Since you have healing, it isn't very fair for me to go against you. I thought I'd even the odds," Jean said as she removed a metallic choker from the bag.

Marie's eyes widened in horror. No way, she had to get out of here now or everything would go to shit.

Too late.

Jean snapped the collar around her neck.

"Suppression collar, huh? Seems pretty cheap. Almost like your hair dye," Marie snapped.

This time Jean punched her and she felt the pain. Rogue felt the tingles of Jean's telepathy. Quick, what did Emma teach her?

"Why don't you tell me what you're really doing here?"

"Got unlucky. Got caught," Marie winced.

Jean kicked her backwards.

Marie coughed. "What? Can't read my mind?"

Jean moved to the other end of the table and jerked her hand. Marie found her chair immediately slamming into the wall and her head snapped against the metal.

"Gah…"

Jean started nodding her head and Marie felt her chair shake from side to side and scrambling her innards.

"It'll only get worse."

"What do you want to know?" Marie managed to make out as blood trickled down her face.

Jean walked up to her. "What are you doing here?"

"Currently getting the shit shaken out of me."

Jean aimed a punch to her gut. Marie doubled over but her chains restricted her.

"A real answer will suffice. Why would Magneto allow his daughter to get caught?"

"That's the same question I should ask my dear father the next time I see him."

Jean punched her in the face again. She took a step back and motioned with her hand so that Marie felt her shoulder dislocate.

Suddenly the door was thrown open. "Jean, I think that's enough."

Jean barely turned to her boyfriend.

"Jean? Come on. Jean?"

"What?" she snapped around and even Cyclops couldn't deny the strange glow that came across her.

"That's it for now," he said shakily.

"Ok," she said softly and got up. Before closing the door, she turned to Rogue. "I'll be seeing you again."

With that, she nodded her head and left as Rogue's chair tipped over and she landed on her dislocated arm.