Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...
"She's Magneto's daughter?" Scott exclaimed.

An outcry erupted from all around Charles' office.

Logan stood silently with his iPad in hand staring at the image of Rogue in the holding cell. He really wanted to talk to Chuck, but the man had so far successfully evaded him.

Jubilee was sitting silently at the end. "There is something seriously fucked up with this situation."

"For once, Yellow, you're right," Logan looked up at her.

Everyone fell into smaller outbursts and disbelief. Charles looked over at Kitty and sent her a mental request and the demure girl began clicking away immediately at her laptop.

"Charles, perhaps it would be wise to elaborate. Why did she say you kidnapped her?" Beast interjected.

All eyes were on him now.

"Because, in essence I did. Years ago, before most of you even joined, Magneto and Mystique used to live with us."

"Yes, we were mere children," Jean said.

This was obviously before Logan joined and he kept silent.

"Mystique was my adopted sister, Raven, and Erik was my dearest friend. But at the time we began building Cerebro, it was the start of our disagreements. IT only progressed as Erik was out to avenge himself and I wanted him to let go. I didn't share his views, and Erik turned to Raven. While I was busy trying to help you three," Chuck looked at Scott, Jean, and Ororo, "harness your powers, Erik and Raven became intimate. Very soon, she was pregnant. Erik took another turn then. He and Raven became enigmatic about the baby that was to be born. They had high hopes. Something that was too much to be expected of a child. And by then, I knew how their thoughts were running. There was no hope if the child turned out to be human and not a mutant. I only feared for the child's well being," Charles looked down.

"What happened, Charles," Ororo stepped forward to clasp his hands.

"After Raven delivered a baby girl. Erik asked me to use Cerebro to detect a mutant signature. I did, but I didn't get anything. Their disappointment was echoing. They neglected the child. I was unable to witness their behavior. I thought I was doing what was best. One day, I simply took the baby girl and sent her far away where she would never be discovered and could grow up happily with a human family. Not too long after that, I asked Erik and Raven to leave. They did, but others decided to go with them as well."

"But Rogue is a mutant," Bobby piped up, "and if it was years ago, shouldn't she be older?"

"How did she not register on Cerebro?" Logan asked before turning to Bobby. "She has a healing factor. I think that slows down her aging process like mine."

"I think it has to do with the particulars of her mutation. It must be the same reason why I can't read her mind. But I had no idea that Rogue was the same child I sent away years ago," Charles said.

"Where did you send her?" Scott asked.

"To Mississippi. The D'Ancanto family, I believe. Kitty?" Chuck looked over at her.

Kitty looked up with a shaky face. "They're dead."

Everyone was stunned. There was more to the Rogue then they expected.

Kitty hit a button, and the images on her laptop were projected to the screen behind Chuck's desk. There lay a man and woman near each other with their necks grotesquely twisted and their eyes frozen in fear.

"Mystique," Logan said. "It looks like her work."

There was a moment of silence as Kitty pulled up various articles. "All the local articles state something about a boy going into a coma and a girl named Marie missing. Before that, her parents were known as notorious bigots."

"So they probably believed mutants were trash," Jubilee said.

"Yeah, and her parents were killed several years ago."

"So we can presume that Magneto found her at some point," Beast said.

"No shit, Sherlock, but what's she doing here now?" Logan asked.

Scott shook his head. "We need to monitor her at all costs. Magneto and Mystique could come at any moment to rescue her."

"We'll take the first shift," Jean said looking at Scott.

"I'll take next one," Logan said passing the iPad to Jean.

"Be careful," Charles said. "We know her mutation is her skin, she can heal, and she can block telepathy."

Jean gave a casual nod and the meeting became unofficially dismissed. Everyone started to leave but Logan headed straight to Charles.

"Ahh, Logan. I knew you would have some questions."

"What did she mean about not telling me the truth?"

"To be honest, Logan, I really have no idea. She wants us to play her game and she is spouting off lies to get there."

"But being Magneto's daughter wasn't a lie. You knew who she was!"

"True—"

"Then you must know something. Think!"

"Logan, I really have no idea. The only thing we can do right now is to figure out why she is here. She obviously didn't mind being caught, but Erik would not have let her go so easily. She's either here on some outrageous plan or because she wants to defect. And I believe it's the former…."