Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...
Marie licked her lips as the burly man entered the door. He stopped and rubbed his nose, which gave her time to appreciate his generous frame. Did Xavier recruit these people for their looks or powers?

She leaned back in the metallic chair and arched her back on purpose. His eyes immediately fell to her perked up rack.

Men. They were so easy. Piece of warm apple pie was how easy this was going to be.

Course brown hair in a funny style. Well, who was she to judge, she had the skunk look. Tight uniform that had random slashes, gashes, and gore barely showed the tantalizing tanned skin.

Ah, he was here to scare her. Not bad. He was glaring at her now. Ok, scary motherfucker, let's see what you got.

"So…" he began.

Too easy. She could split him in half with her bare hands. Or drop him faster than a hot potato in two seconds. She felt the metal humming off him. Well, she could twist him up too….in other ways.

She gave him her most charming smile, drummed her fingertips on the armrest, and raised a sexy arched eyebrow. "So…?"

He sniffed at the air again.

"So they finally let the dog out, I see," she continued.

He growled and she made eye contact. Warm hazel eyes stared back. It was one of those movie moments that she used to make fun of where the characters claim they knew.

What exactly did she know? She knew that he knew she wasn't here because they caught her. She was here because she allowed them to catch her.

"So….," he began pacing around the table.

"I thought a dog's vocabulary also included 'Woof Woof.''

Don't get cocky. Never underestimate the enemy.
What if he wasn't as easy as she thought? Oh well, she just had to keep him at bay long enough to cover up her mess.

"How about we make this easy and you tell me the what the fuck you were doing before getting caught?"

"Sugar, I am anything but easy. You're gonna have to work a little harder," she gave him a nonchalant smile.

"Trust me darling, you don't want to make this harder."

"Why? Would you rather play fetch?" she wiggled her shoulders and her zipper came down lower.

His nostrils flared. He charged her, grabbing the underside of her ponytail and whipping her to face him. "What the fuck kind of game you playing?"

She almost ripped the chains off when at the way he grasped her. She had to keep her cool. She couldn't give it all away yet. She took a deep breath of his sweat and cigar cologne and smiled into his face.

"What game? I don't play games."

He inhaled deeply and she saw his eyes slowly change color. "You don't now do you."

"Nope. I make the games," she gave him her coyest look.

His hand moved from the underside of her ponytail and to her chest. He wasn't quite touching her skin, but he skimmed across her breasts and glided over her clavicle and neck.

Hell, no. There was no way she was gonna be manhandled on the job.

But before she said anything else, he removed his hand and with a SNIKT, three claws were released from his hand.

He couldn't hurt her with those.

"Kid, you don't make the games. I do," he said as he retracted two of the blades and pressed the third against her neck.

"Anything you want to tell me, kid?"

"Yeah," she said putting on her best scared voice.

His eyebrow rose for her to proceed.

"Don't call me kid."

He snorted, but he pressed the blade harder. She gasped and felt a sting across her neck and then looked down to see a trickle of blood make its way down her chest.

So apparently, she had met her match. Invulnerability didn't stand a chance against these claws. Marie looked back up at him as he retracted his claw.

He knew her weakness now.

"I'll be back later, kid. Next time I won't be so generous," he said eyeing his cut.

She had to bring the ball back into her court. "Neither will I," she said.

He looked at with even higher raised eyebrow.

She merely looked down to see the blood tracks.

And right before his eyes, the cut healed itself.