Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...
Marie opened her eyes to the bright rays of sun streaming through the blinds. It must have been later in the day than she thought. Yawning and stretching, she realized she was back in her bed.

The last thing she remembered was puking her guts out. Someone must have brought her back to bed. She sniffed out and got a whiff of Victor and Emma.

Smiling to herself, she put a robe over her tank and pajama pants. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and quickly brushed her teeth before leaving the room. She stopped by the office and quickly checked her e-mails to see if there was any word from Bolivar Trask.

She followed the smell of cooling food to the deck on the roof where Victor's mangy paws with long nails were attempting to turn the page of a newspaper while he chewed on bacon.

"Thanks for waiting for me," Marie said sarcastically as she took a seat across from him and poured herself a lukewarm coffee.

"You were dead to the world," he grunted.

"So?"

Victor growled.

"Thanks for putting me back to bed."

Victor growled again in reply. "Bad dreams?"

Marie nodded, but they both knew she would talk about when she wanted. "Where's everyone?"

"Raven went to clear out some accounts and grab some files. She took Mortimer and Sean. John and Lance are doing their shit. Emma's meeting with Kurt."

"Good." Marie grabbed a plate and heaped on a pancake, eggs and some bacon before Victor could take any more. "What else is new?"

"Mutant Registration Act. The bill is going to pass through Senate by the end of the week."

"I was really hoping Xavier would manage to convince them to shoot it down….well, at least we'll be out of here before it can really affect us."

Victor sighed as he put the paper down. "It's not that simple. Mutants are already being rounded up and branded. Xavier is forestalling the inevitable…but he's failing."

"Maybe if he wasn't so hypocritical all the time…," Marie went to steal some bacon from Victor, but he smacked her hand.

"Back off, runt."

"Grr…" Marie replied.

"How's your end?"

Marie took a bite, chewed, and swallowed. "I haven't gotten the chance to talk to Bolivar yet. He's probably counting his blessings since everyone else we talked to is dead. I've been so tired, I needed to get myself together before I could figure out how to approach him without being traced. But I did get this cryptic email a few days ago that I just checked from his son, Larry…"

"And?" Victor watched her as she fiddled with her food. Realization dawned on him. "…isn't he the one who could see the future?"

Marie nodded slowly.

"Do I even wanna know?"

"…uh…he said that…"

"Huh?"

"I…uh…he said…that…I mean…"

"Runt either spit it out or don't," Victor grumbled picking up his paper again.

"From what I could figure out…he said the Sentinels would be released….there would be an attack."

Victor lowered his paper and peered at Marie with his dark eyes. "What?"

"They're going to be hard to beat….but we'd be there…when there'd be an attack…fighting with the X-men."