Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...
Two and a half days later, the daily routines of the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters were back to normal for the most part.

However, underground, the X-men had practically pulled their hairs out trying to figure out what was really going on.

After Hank had discovered the missing suppression collar, Jean had shot it down saying it could have been lost in the scuffle. However, when the collar failed to turn up in their search, Chuck suspected that the missing collar and the lab were somehow connected. Jean also brought up the fact that Rogue could have been there scoping out their underground levels, their infrastructure, and possibly Cerebro. Given that she never left the cell, Hank and Logan both agreed it was impossible and the suppression collar theory had so far won out.

And today, Bobby had taken some of his team back out to the lab to scour it for any clues as to why the Brotherhood was there.

Scott and Ororo were taking care of the students while Hank, Jean and Chuck spent time in the medlab pouring over Rogue's leftover blood samples.

Logan was left to ponder the need for a suppression collar for the Brotherhood when they were staunchly against hiding and 'curing' themselves. Did they intend to destroy the technology? Who had given them information about the lab anyway?

These thoughts didn't stay long in Logan's head. He was still stuck contemplating the Rogue puzzle.

Chuck had so far avoided contact with Logan unless absolutely necessary and Logan was getting antsy. All he could hear were Rogue's words echoing in his brain. Words about how he didn't know anything, how he knew she wasn't lying, and most of all, about his brother.

Logan didn't know he had a brother. The last fifteen years was all he could remember. Everything beyond that was a blur. He had nothing but a dogtag.

The life he remembered hadn't been easy either. He had found himself in and out of labs where he picked up one name – Stryker. Logan knew he meant something to Stryker…enough to go through unbearable amounts of torture.

About eight years ago, Logan was participating in cage fights for survival when he was recruited to the Avengers. A job…and steady fights were more than he could ask for. But the Stryker still remained in his head, and he was no close to finding him.

Frustrated, he left the Avengers and somehow fell back into a lab looking for Stryker when Charles Xavier contacted him and said he had information Logan wanted. Working for the Avengers couldn't give him all the necessary documents, but Charles revealed that Stryker was an underground government mutant experimenter.

Although with the X-men he didn't see as many fights, he had a little more to go from on his past. As of late, Chuck would give him a name and Logan would carry out an interrogation. Stryker must have been real good about keeping his men tight-lipped. The result, Logan ended their lives before they could damage anyone else.

But if as Rogue said…he didn't know anything, then what was he really doing for Chuck?

Not expecting to see results anytime soon, Logan spent most of the day in the gym while his brain sorted through possible scenarios they had already been through. Maybe he needed to take a look at the lab himself. Sniff any clues out.

After a shower, Logan walked to the mailroom where Multiple Man crowded it and was sorting through the tremendous volume of mail.

Logan glanced and saw his box sat as usual…empty except for Scooter's lesson plans from a month ago.

Just as he turned, one of Jamie's duplicates, handed him a square package.

"This one's for you."

Logan grunted his thanks and examined it. There was no return address and Logan immediately ripped it apart to find a square case with a CD inside of it. He turned the cover over and saw a note taped to the back.

Thought you'd be interested in this.


Why would Nick Fury send him something?

Running his hand through his coarse mane, Logan walked back to his room and inserted the disc in his laptop.

Seconds later, a video recording from a cell phone appeared. Logan stared at the screen at what seemed to be the surveillance deck of a lab. By the end, Logan knew the lab was the same one Bobby had gone to when they caught Rogue.

Logan was shocked. He played it again just to be sure.

He ejected the disc and sat back in his chair trying to piece together was he saw. He still knew something was off, but perhaps this was the first piece of the puzzle.

Logan put the disc back in the case and took off down to the medlab.

Hank, Jean, and Chuck were head to head discussing something.

"Yes, Logan?" Chuck looked up.

"Get the team..Bobby…everyone to your office…even that Cajun." Logan held up the case, "I've got something to show you."