Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...
A refreshing shower and a late night dinner later, found Marie in the living room of the penthouse with her mother, Victor, Emma, Pietro, Mortimer Toynbee (Toad), Sean Cassidy (Banshee), Lance Alvers (Avalanche), and John Allerdyce (Pyro).

"Where'd you find that Swamp Rat?" Mortimer threw at Marie as he handed the guys beers.

"Party in the Big Easy several months ago when Lance and I went to talk to John," Marie wrinkled her nose before taking a glass of wine from Emma.

John clicked his lighter. "Even I could have told you that asshole was trouble."

"Either way, we can't afford to make any more mistakes like that. Granted it was a good thing we busted up a lab, but it was a detour we didn't need," Victor muttered fingering what was left of the suppression collar before crushing it to dust between his palms and propping his feet up on a nearby box.

"Regardless, you did a good job covering up," Sean toothily smiled.

Marie smiled back. "Thanks."

Raven took a sip of her wine. "What's next on the agenda?"

John clicked his lighter closed. "I've spread the word in the only way I can."

"And my remaining underground friends are making their ways to the safe houses and getting ready to leave…especially after the last FOH attack," Mortimer slurped.

"You've told them to remain in obscurity, though?" Raven questioned him.

"Totally. Mastermind, Havok, Psylocke, and Warren," Mortimer nodded to Sean, "are keeping an eye to make sure no word gets out."

"I've been in contact with the mutants whom Xavier hasn't met from the cure list Warren snatched for me," Sean said.

Lance cracked his knuckles. "Transport arrangements are just about done. I think we can start moving out by the end of the week. Since we can't all just get on a plane without drawing attention like we were able to with Magneto and Callisto, I've had to weave my way around all our known friends without alerting any activity. There are several cargo ships in the harbor we can board. Once we're out to sea, the remaining Acolytes and I are getting military jets arranged so we can fly under the radar to Genosha. It's all tricky business, but nothing we can't handle. The important thing is to get to sea."

"We're good for the most part then. Kurt and I will meet soon next week to see where Xavier stands," Emma said.

Mortimer looked up curiously. "How do they not know that Kurt is their rat? I mean…don't they like know Kurt is your son?" he turned to Raven.

"Not a lot of people know…because of the shit that was happening at that time…" Raven drifted off.

Emma picked up. "From my time there, Xavier does surface scans unless he's really interested in the mutant. He's not too interested into Kurt's history seeing as how there are other blue mutants and all sorts of physical mutations present in the mansion. Besides I've blocked out Kurt's history with us and no one has bothered to penetrate his mind too deeply. And…Kurt's really good about following directions, no questions asked. Thus, Xavier doesn't feel the need to alter his mind in anyway like I believe he does others. I leave contact info randomly and Kurt knows enough to come," Emma stated.

"And from what I can tell, he only gives his team members certain intel so they don't look past the surface for the complexities…of any mission," Marie continued, "which is why he doesn't appear to be a rat…let alone one for us."

Victor rubbed Emma's palm as he said, "That was also how I knew Jimmy wasn't really aware of everything. I know Jimmy better than he knows himself. The men we were working with up to this point had nothing to do with Jimmy…

"Unless he was pointed in that direction with what he believed to be legitimate information," Raven finished, "in which case he offed them."

John made an exasperated sigh. "All this speculation…stuff is good, but what's the next deal? When do we leave? I want to see some action!"

"So far, Callisto and the Morlocks have been able to topple the Genoshan regime and start building up with all the resources we've acquired. Father is in the process of taking care of the mutates. Plus, Wanda has made sure none of the news has gone public yet," Pietro said.

"And it's really important we continue under the radar until we are sure of everything," Raven commanded.

"Now that the X-men will be focused on the lab we blew up, the collar I stole…if they figure it out, and their own squabbles—"

"Thanks to me and Victor telling you which seeds of doubt to plant," Emma interrupted Marie.

Marie nodded, "Our next move is to tie up loose ends…and see about the Sentinel program before we leave."

"With Stryker behind it, it's gonna take serious shit to stop it," Victor exclaimed.

Marie hissed at the mention of Stryker's name but Victor glared at her into silence.

"I talked to Bolivar Trask a few days ago and he said he can get us some files by next week," Raven said.

"But his kids are starting to manifest…according to the last time I talked to Warren about three weeks ago," Sean spoke up.

"That's sure to cause problems," Mortimer said.

"He didn't tell me," Raven muttered.

"Probably cause he's really scared. He's already put his neck on the line and he's paranoid considering everyone else we've been in contact with has 'disappeared,'" Marie said.

"Then contact him soon and convince him otherwise," Victor said.

"Maybe offer him a place...make him come with us."

"Will do," Marie replied.

Emma put her glass down. "Anything else?"

"Mortimer, get your slimy friends out before they are attacked by any more FOH bastards," Raven said.

"I'll be in touch with Worthington labs and help out Warren," Sean volunteered.

"Pyro, you need to keep an eye on X-men," Emma said.

"Surveillance duty?" John asked incredulously.

"And Lance, let us know all of your routes of getting there in secret."

Lance saluted in compliance.

"Let's give ourselves about two and a half weeks. We should all be out be out by then," Raven said.

"That will give me time to make sure all our contracts are carried out," Victor replied.

"And for me to make sure all the money is in place." Raven looked at the assembled group. "I'll need some help though."

A small discussion broke out over who'd help her.

"I'm in the process of acquiring all incriminating files. So far," Emma pointed to the box that held Victor's feet, "this is the first."

"Then we'll all meet here and torch this place before going to our new home," John slammed his fist on the table in conclusion.