Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks
The team had no notion of chasing the Rogue. Logan sensed it the second everyone shifted attention to the smolders. He could tell from his viewpoint that the explosions where louder than damaging, but all mutants were on deck, getting more in each other's way than helping.

It was a never ending battle. If it wasn't mutant labs or the Friends of Humanity, it was the X-men versus the Brotherhood. Would it never end?

Logan didn't know how long he stood on the rooftop watching the chopper disappear into nothingness. Chuck had long since gone back to other end of the mansion to survey the damage, avoiding the awkward silence that Logan had left between them.

Chuck knew something…whether intentional or not and Logan intended to find out. How did Chuck expect the team to function if he constantly hid things from them? Who was he to judge what his team members should know? Better yet, what was he not telling Logan?

Logan shook his head. This was how the Brotherhood got into your head. Rogue was a distraction…but he didn't know for what and he wasn't going to start questioning the good guys based on what the bad guy…er girl said.

Logan finally turned to go to the other wing to survey the damage, but there was a lingering notion in his head about how he couldn't smell a lie on her when she was here.

Ororo had taken good care in putting out the fire. There was minor damage to the building. Chuck would probably have men come out in the morning to fix it up.

Jean was seething about the escape next to Scott, who was salvaging the remains to survey the any other damage as she telekinetically moved things away.

The only injuries appeared to be some smoke inhalation and minor singes and burns.

All in all, Logan felt that the Brotherhood had made complete fools of the X-men.

But they weren't just made fools of….the Rogue had really made Logan question what he knew and thought was doing.