Author's Chapter Notes:
Italics = thoughts

Bold = either used for emphasis or flashbacks...

Sorry for the delay! Don't forget to review!
"I'm here. Your mother and Lance were able to get me here on schedule without drawing attention…particularly because everyone was focused on you. Although we did get sidetracked, you managed to deflect attention beautifully. We'll talk more later, but I have to make sure everything is dealt with on this end," came a clear voice through Marie's ears.

"Yes, father." Marie took off the headphones as her mother landed the chopper on a helicopter pad atop a building in Yonkers.

"So getting him to Genosha was a breeze?" Marie asked Emma.

Emma sighed before continuing in her crisp, clear accent. "We thought we would have additional trouble, but thanks to our lab distraction, Erik and Wanda were able to leave undetected to make sure none of Callisto's work gets out."

"What was hard was tracking through our known channels while figuring out Xavier's informers…especially since most of them don't know they are rats," Raven shook her head.

Marie nodded her head in agreement. "I'm sorry. If it wasn't for Remy, we wouldn't have to sidetrack to the lab."

"That damn Cajun ex of yours definitely gave them the heads up…we had to make it seem like we were after something at the lab or anything else before Xavier figured out the real deal," Raven said as she cut the engine of the helicopter.

"Something like suppression technology…which they used on me?" Marie held up the remnants of the collar where Wolverine had slit it earlier off her throat.

Emma stared at her. "I didn't think they had it yet…let alone used it."

Raven turned to her daughter. "Apparently they have no qualms about using it on people they don't like."

"Yeah, and I lost the shapeshifting and telepathy after the Grey bitch collared me," Marie said harshly.

"Did they—"

"She tried to read my mind, but I learned from the best and blocked her," Marie turned to Emma.

"And naturally you lost only the temporary mutations," Raven brought up.

Marie nodded.

"But that is an interesting point you have brought up. What was the Brotherhood doing at a lab? Why did Rogue get caught? And what do they want with suppression technology?" Emma asked in a mocking cryptic voice.

As all three women lithely jumped down from the helicopter, Marie continued, "Judging from their sporadic interrogation techniques, not everyone especially Charles Xavier is entirely open with the others about…anything really."

The three women smirked to each other in understanding before walking to the ledge of the skyscraper, while Raven muttered something about all-knowing Charles acting like he was God.

Marie took her mother's hand in comfort, knowing the source of her feelings for Charles. Raven just gave her an affectionate smile.

Turning away from her, Marie took a look at the hefty drop down to death while Emma said, "makes you glad you're on the right team doesn't it?"

"Hell yeah," Marie and her mother answered unanimously.

"You up for flying us to the penthouse?" Emma asked.

"You ok with smelling my body odor?" Marie retorted.

Emma wrinkled her nose and drew up her white cape closer to her face.

"I haven't showered in three days," Marie smiled.

Raven laughed. "Can we just leave?"

Marie levitated off the ground and grabbed each woman under the arm before lifting off.

Emma tapped at her temple. "The real pilot should be waking up soon."

In minutes, they were in downtown New York City and Marie flew them up to the rooftop of the penthouse they had been renting for the last month.

Victor Creed and Pietro Maximoff were already waiting near the screen door. They had paid a hefty sum for the immense space with rooftop access.

"Runt, you smell."

"Nice to see you too, Vicky," Marie imitated Emma's pet name.

Victor growled and Emma threw a punch at Marie's shoulder.

Pietro became a silvery blur as he dashed towards Marie and peered into her face and eyed her blood stains. "You look grungy, too."

Marie stuck her tongue out at him.

"Children," Raven rolled her yellow eyes.

"Why don't you freshen up?" Emma asked Marie. "The rest of the gang is en route and we can discuss the details and the next course of action."

Marie nodded and headed straight towards her room with Emma hot on her heels.

Walking into the bathroom, Marie began stripping off the messy scraps of her uniform while Emma settled on the armchair outside by crossing her long white boot clad legs and drumming her fingertips on the armrests.

"What do you want?"

"You know what I want," Emma said.

Marie sighed. "There's nothing going on between me and Wolverine."

"Uh-huh. And the Pope isn't Catholic."

"Emma!"

"Just saying…"

"What? The Pope isn't Catholic?"

"I meant about that little spark between you and him."

"There's no spark!" Marie exclaimed.

"I can sense it between you two. He doesn't see you as the enemy…but he doesn't trust you yet."

"I don't know….I felt something…I thought I was convincing him…but I think he has issues with Jean Grey," Marie said hurriedly knowing Emma's touchiness with Jean.

Emma scoffed. "Tell me who doesn't in that inbred mansion? She and Charles have fucked up Scott's mind so much it was so easy for me to probe his mind for mansion security."

"Well, I got a buzz from Scott too before the collar. His mind seemed…staticky," Marie said as she turned on the hot water.

"The sooner and farther Scott or anyone is away from those mindfuckers, the better."

"You're a mindfucker, too."

"Not like them."

Marie just shook her head. "I don't know about Jean. She's gonna go bat crazy soon…but when?

"True, missy. However, the real question is…is Wolverine gonna be a problem?"

Marie ducked her head under the spray and wondered the same thing.