The phone was ripped out of her hand. She heard it crunch under Jose’s boot. “You shouldn’t have done that, Maria. You think it was funny, hurting me like that? I dunno what the fuck you did there, but I’m gonna rip you apart!”

A blur came towards her chest, and her hands flew up instinctively to stop it. Her fingers grabbed onto something and there was a horrible wet hiss as the blade sliced her to the bone. She let go with a scream and pulled her hands into her chest, clenching them into fists and feeling the blood soak through her shirt.

“Not laughing anymore, are you bitch?”

And Marie knew that she didn’t exist anymore for Jose. He was back in that little room in Tijuana now, reliving that night with his first girlfriend. Killing her a hundred times, a hundred ways. Over and over again.

The knife found her stomach and slid deep. She felt the hilt against her skin, and it was so cold. So cold. What an odd thing to notice, in the midst of all that pain.

The blade grew warmer each time it returned. He grunted every time he dug it into her, and she didn’t even know if she was screaming anymore. He made enraged sounds when he came up short, the blade unable to penetrate her ribs. Still, he got through once, and he must have punctured her lung, because blood burbled up in her throat.

It seemed to go on for so long, so horribly long. When she pulled her arms up to protect herself, he stabbed right through them, and eventually, she couldn’t lift them up anymore.

Am I dead? she thought when the knife finally clattered to the floor.

He picked her up.

Am I dead yet? she thought when she felt the cold wind, faintly, on her face.

I’m dead now, she thought as she was thrown from his arms and landed on something oddly soft.

Her eyes flitted open one last time to see the lid of the coffin--the dumpster, her mind supplied fuzzily--closing her in, entombing her.



Chapter End Notes:
Whew. Damn. Trying to write a murder from the victim's perspective has got to be one of the hardest things I've ever done. Hopefully it turned out okay. Thanks so much for reading folks, and I promise I won't keep you waiting too long for the next update! (P.S. Sorry Marie....)



Um, duh, wakey, wakey, atmd. I forgot to add, thanks to doctorg for the beta on these past six chapters!