If Logan had seemed a bit animalistic last night, that was nothing compared to this morning. His eyes even appeared golden when he stared at her for a brief moment before bending down to fix his mouth at her neck.

Marie was still reeling from the whispered promises he had repeated until she finally gave in, accepting that his offers weren’t the product of his intoxication, but just his general insanity.

Insane, but unbelievably attractive and kind. So who was she to judge?

She accepted the bite to her neck with a small hiss. Still, Marie couldn’t help but put a staying hand over his when he began toying with the waistband of her pajamas. “I’m sorry—“

“Shh. S’okay.” He tugged out of her grip and moved his hand away to caress her elsewhere, seemingly unperturbed.

Marie felt a little shaky. This wasn’t like last night, when she was calling all the shots. It felt good, the way he caressed her and pressed his hips down on hers, but she didn’t know where exactly this was all going to end up, and that made her nervous. “Logan, I’m—“

He breathed heavily into her ear. “Don’t be scared. Gonna take you gentle, honey. I’m sorry I kissed you so hard. Won’t rough you up anymore. I just needed you to know how much—”

She started to panic a little. “Logan, I’ve never—I’m not ready—I’m not ready.”

He pulled up to look at her, wide-eyed. “Baby? You’ve never—?”

A knock sounded on the door. “Logan, are you up?” a male voice called. “Breakfast lecture starts in twenty minutes. We need to leave pronto!”

He groaned, burying his face in Marie’s hair for a moment before yelling at the door. “Go away, Scott! Why d’you think I rented my own car?”

“But you’re going to be late!”

At that, Logan grumbled wordlessly and jumped up from the bed, darting an apologetic look back at Marie as he stalked across the room in his sleep-wrinkled jeans. He opened the door a crack. He spoke in a low hiss, but Marie still caught his words: “Do I fuckin’ come poundin’ on your door when you and Jeannie are busy? No. Get the fuck outta here.”

“Wha—Who do you have in there?” The door was shoved open, and Marie saw Logan’s friend from the restaurant, the one who wore the strange sunglasses. She gasped and instinctively yanked the covers up around her even though she was fully clothed.

At that, Logan snarled viciously and leapt, slamming the man into the opposite wall by the throat. The man—Scott?—let out a horrible choked sound.

Marie gasped, frozen in place with pure shock.

Logan pulled his hand away from Scott’s throat, his entire body shaking with rage, and rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck several times. His voice sounded like a growl, “Goddamnit, Cyke! Tryin’ to get yourself killed? Get the hell outta my sight!” Logan groaned in pain and rubbed his knuckles against his thighs as if he had just punched something.

“S-sorry,” Scott wheezed, rubbing his throat as he backed away and hurried down the hall.



Chapter End Notes:
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for everyone who has read and reviewed the story so far ;D. I somehow lost the middle nine chapters (WTF?) so I've had to rewrite them from memory, starting with this one. Hopefully it turned out okay. As warned, things are about to get intense, and there's gonna be a little graphic violence. I'll try to post the next 8 chapters tonight, but now, it's off to finish cooking!