Marie’s small gloved hands settled over his, and he let her steer things, fighting the urge to go faster, rougher, to slip his fingers beneath her silky lingerie and touch her the way he really needed to.

Logan had the fleeting thought that this was some sort of penance; sweet, sweet torture.

“Ohhh . . .” Her eyes fluttered closed as she gave herself over to the sensations, humming and sighing, melting against him as he continued to kiss and nip at her mouth. She gave no resistance when he gently parted her lips to slip his tongue inside.

Logan fought to keep himself lucid, drowning as he was in the scent and taste of her. His hips had taken up the slow rhythm she set, and he ground up into her backside with every pass of his fingers, the stimulation just enough to keep him on edge but not quite enough to get him to the release he needed.

But then, this wasn’t about him.

And if he had to hazard a guess, he would say this wasn’t really even about sex—for Marie, anyway. Her hands tightened over his as she guided his every move. This was all about taking back control, using her body for her own pleasure after being pressured into selling it for the pleasure of others. The release she needed was more than physical. Logan was simply along for the ride.

But he didn’t mind being used, just this once. It was the least he could give her, after what he’d done to her earlier.

“Mmm . . . right there, ohhhh, so good . . .”

And frankly, having a sexy woman writhing in his lap under any circumstances was no cross to bear. He kissed along her cheekbones, her jawline and neck, every part of her he could reach. “Yeah, baby, show me. Like that?”

She whimpered. “Yes, yes, yesyesyes . . .”

Oh, if only she would let him touch her the way he wanted, he could make this even better for her. He just knew it.

“Mmmm . . . nice . . .”

Logan could make this so much better than ‘nice.’

He would have to touch her again, soon, that much he knew. It would be different from this, all about showing her the pleasure he could give her, making her his. But tonight, this was what Marie needed. Not a heart-stopping orgasm, but the feeling of power that came from Logan letting her have control over it all.

In a way, it was even more intimate than sex, at least the one-night-stands he usually indulged in.

Her body began to tremble. “Oh, Logan,” she whispered shakily, arching into their joined hands.

He took a calming breath, gently urging her to increase the pace and pressure.

She didn’t need much convincing.

Logan pressed his lips to her ear, whispering, “That’s a good girl. C’mon, say my name again, baby. Say my name when you come.” He knew it wasn’t really fair to ask, but he needed this one thing. He needed her to say it, to be there with him, not off in her own little fantasy.

Her hands tightened over his, her sharp little nails biting into his flesh exquisitely through her gloves. “L-llllloooogaan!” Her body spasmed, back arching as she released his hands and reached down to grip his thighs convulsively.

Logan pulled her against him tightly, holding her down and stroking her as she rode it out. “Yeah, darlin’, oh, that’s beautiful.” The look on her face, eyes closed, mouth parted in a silent cry—he knew he would have to make her look like that again.

Soon. Very soon.