“Watch, Logan,” Marie said as she came to stand behind his chair, pointing towards the mirror. She needn’t have told him to do that. He was already riveted.

She ran her fingers through his hair, drawing a groan, massaging down his neck, his shoulders, and positioning his arms at his sides. Taking the hint, he gripped the seat of the chair, determined to keep his hands to himself unless she asked otherwise. She was in control tonight. He needed to remember that.

She began to sway her hips sensually, running her hands over his chest, inching lower down his stomach with each pass. He was so far past needing release, his muscles twitched under every caress. Catching his eyes in the mirror, she bent forward to whisper in his ear. “How ‘bout I get rid of some of these clothes, huh, sugar?”

Hell yes. Logan swallowed audibly, eyes never leaving hers as he nodded.

‘Rhapsody in Blue’ came to a close, and a smooth jazz tune came on as she reached down to the hem of his wifebeater and began tugging it up.

Oh. Oh. My clothes? That little tease! Still, he raised his arms obediently to let her pull the shirt off, then placed them back at his sides, gripping the seat.

Gloved hands trailed over his bare torso, dipping down almost to the waistband of his jeans before retreating. Over and over again. It was maddening, and this time he really growled. There was no mistaking that sound for anything else. Fuck! he thought, panicking.

But the smell of her arousal only grew. “You’re sexy,” she said softly, fisting one hand in his hair and turning his head towards her as she stepped around to the side of the chair. She rolled her torso into him, lush breasts tantalizingly close to his face. “Ya don’t hafta pay someone to dance for you, Logan. A man like you could have his pick of women.”

He didn’t really think that was true, but he was glad she thought so. He wasn’t sure what was wrong with him. But ever since his years in the lab, being experimented on, he’d never been able to attract a woman except ones who were already looking for a quick fuck or a one night stand.

They must’ve messed him up somehow, those experiments. It was like . . . people knew he was damaged goods. Barely a man. He shook that thought away, before it could make him angry.

It didn’t matter tonight. Marie was here dancing just because she wanted to, and she thought he was sexy. Even after he growled at her like some stupid animal, not to mention all his other idiotic behavior since the moment he’d met her. She wasn’t scared of him anymore, and he was even turning her on somehow. That made him feel good.

Then her foot came to rest on the chair right between his legs, millimeters from the bulge in his pants, and that made him feel really good.