Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long to update. Hopefully updates will come sooner from here on out...Can't make any promises though...
Logan had gotten in the truck and slammed the door. Now he was waiting for her to move her ass and follow. He could see her in the rearview mirror standing in the same exact spot. He growled in frustration. Had she changed her mind? Was standing alone on the side of the road in the middle of fucking road better than hitching a ride with him? He was angry, and if he was being completely honest, a little worried at the thought of her leaving. Logan knew sitting in his back trailer was completely different than being trapped in the cab of a truck with him. He looked around and grimaced. In the back he had a little bed set up. His clothes were thrown everywhere and it smelled like cigars and leather in here.

"Fuck it," he grumbled. Who cared what the kido thought? If she wanted a ride than fine. He was doing her a favour.

He honked the horn to get her attention. She seemed to snap out of whatever daze she was in and ran towards the passenger side. The moment she disappeared behind the other side of the truck Wolverine whimpered in his head. Fear that she wouldn't reappear at the window.

Logan shoved the fear away and reached across the seat to shove open the door. She appeared a moment later and quietly climbed into the seat beside him. She shut the door and buckled her seatbelt.

Logan tried to breathe in her scent without alerting her to the fact that he was scenting her. She smelled so good. Wolverine rumbled happily in his head. ~Mine~ Logan shoved the thought away and spoke.

"So where you headed kid?" She glanced quickly in his direction and shrugged.

"Not sure," she whispered.

He raised an eyebrow. "But you have an idea."

He practically growled his response. Her voice was like honey; thick and sweet with a southern accent and sexier than hell. Logan was hard just listening to her and it was making him physically uncomfortable. He was a lecherous old man and he didn't want to scare her away. He tried telling his body and the Wolverine that thinking about a kid like this was sick.

~Mine~ Wolverine reminded him. Which roughly translated to 'who the fuck cares?'

"I was going to Anchorage."

He raised an eyebrow. "What the hell's in Anchorage kid?"

She blushed and he growled in appreciation. She look so pretty with her cheecks all rosy like that. Damn he was getting soft. Sure she was pretty but she was also young.

The girl shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing special in Anchorage. Just wanted to go somewhere Ah've nevah been before."

"And you pick Anchorage?" he said disbelieving. " Ain't much there kid."

"Mah name's Rogue." she said softly.

Logan didn't like it. "What kind of name's Rogue?" he asked with a quirked brow.

"What kind of name is Wolverine?" she countered, pointing at the tags around his neck.

He shoved the tags under his shirt self-conciously. "Logan" he grunted.

"Marie" Her tentative smile nearly stopped his heart.

He repeated her name in a voice low and so close to a growl that he was surprised she didn't notice. Wolverine was repeating her name over and over in his head. A posessive chant. ~Mariemariemariemineminemine~ Yep he liked that name just fine.

They were staring at each other silently and it should have been damn awkward but she was staring at him with wide awe-filled eyes and he was drinking in each feature on her face. Her pretty brown eyes, her small upturned nose, her red lips and rounded eyebrows. Wolverine wanted to reach over, drag her into his lap and devour her. Logan barely held himself back but something must have shown in his expression because Marie blushed again and looked quickly away. He shook his head and cleared it. He really needed to pay attention to the road or he'd end up getting her killed.

After a few minutes of silence Logan couldn't help but chance a look in her direction. And he cursed himself when he saw her shiver. He never turned the heat on. He'd never needed it with his body producing enough to keep him warm. But Marie wasn't like him and he should have realized sooner she would be cold. Wolverlne growled, just as angry. Marie was his and he needed to protect her.

Logan turned the heat on and reached for her hand with one of his to put them on the heater. She flinched and her scent spiked with fear. He jerked back and cursed himself and her. He thought she was okay with him and it was a slap to the face to smell her fear.

"Shit! I'm not going to hurt you kid."

Her head bowed in shame and he could smell a trace of her tears. He almost panicked, not used to crying girls or that she was his and he'd made her cry.

"Don't cry," he demanded none too gently and than cursed himself. Yeah Logan, yelling at the girl was going to make her less afraid.

Surprisingly the tears stopped. Marie sniffed and wiped her eyes. She looked up at him, her brown eyes moist and a little red.

"Ah'm sorry Logan. Ah'm not afraid of you. Ah just can't touch anyone."

"The fuck does that mean?" Logan snarled, incensed that she was trying to deny him even unintentionally.

"Something happens when i touch someone. Something bad and it hurts them." He growled at himself for distressing her and she almost started to cry again.

"Ah'm sorry. If you want me to leave I can-"

"No!" Logan snarled before he remembered to tone it down. ". Ya don't have to leave kid. Your skin ain't a problem with me and it isn't your fault."

Marie stared at him in shock. "You're not afraid of me?"

Logan snorted in amusement. "Sorry kid but a kitten's scarier than you. At least they have claws and teeth."

"But my skin...?"

"I heal"

There was nothing tentative about Marie's smile this time. He almost choked on his own tongue when he glanced over.

"Thank you Logan." He growled a response and she blushed.

Logan clenched his fists. The steering wheel wasn't going to handle much more abuse. His control was beginning to slip. Wolverine was eager to show Marie just how unafraid he was to touch her. What was poison skin compared to his need? There were ways around it and he was very inventive when it came to sex.

"So where we going?"

Logan shrugged his shoulders. "I'm heading to a cabin i have up north." He wanted to invite her along but he didn't want to scare her. Wolverine had no doubt she was his. Logan on the other hand was afraid to admit it and he didn't want to pressure Marie into anything.

"A cabin? That sounds...cosy?" Her scent turned nervous. Logan hoped she hadn't read too much into his statement and wanted to reassure her. Yeah he wanted her, which she may or may not know. And no matter how much of an animal the Wolverine turned him into he would never force her into anything.

"Of course i'll drop you off wherever you want to go 'fore i head up there." Of course that was a lie but he would ease her into it. "I ain't going to leave you stranded with me for the rest a winter." That's exactly what the Wolverine wanted.

Logan was surprised when Marie's fear spiked again and her bottom lip quivered.

"What's wrong kid?"

"You're going to leave me Logan?"
Chapter End Notes:
Soooo...first time i loaded that a huge part was missing. Hope this works...and please review! It would give me joy!