Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi all!
Sorry this took so long!
Hope you like it!

Can Lily get her way? Does Remy cheat? Read up!
“Want meh to have Logan sort him out?” She spoke as she stroked Jubilee’s back.

“No, I need my husband. Logan would kill him.”

“You’re raht, he would.”

“Maybe you should…”

“But then Logan maht get jealous and he’s not likely to spend tahm with you. You know Logan…”

“Yeah, I do. He tolerates me for you.”

“Ah suppose ah could… But then ah maht kill him too.”

“I’m sorry, I’m okay, Chica. I just had one of those swings again.”

“No worries, Jubes. That’s what friends are for. Besahds, when ah get preggers, you’re gonna hafta do the same thing for meh, someday.”

“Any time, Chica, anywhere.”


Logan almost regretted going down to the bar where Remy was most likely bilking hard working tourists from their weekly paychecks. The noise coming from the establishment was almost as bad as Jubilee’s screeching. It would be hard to sniff out Remy in the crowd but, not impossible. So, he stopped in at the bar and bought a beer before he picked up Remy LeBeau’s stench. And by stench, the man didn’t know that you’re not supposed to take a bath in cologne. He walked up to the table and there were a few bar flies hanging around his awesomely carved dark cherry throne.

“Mind if I buy in?” He asked as he took an empty seat.

“Well, well, well, bah all means. Ladies, go and welcome the Wolverine back to mah town.”

“Gimme twenty. Listen, you and I have some business to discuss,” Logan said as he tossed a twenty dollar bill onto the green felted poker table.

“Pleasure first, mon homme,” Remy replied as he tossed Logan five poker chips equaling $20.

Both men knew it was going to be a short game. Otherwise, Logan would have bought more chips to keep him supplied through the night. Remy wasn’t too happy when Logan won the game with four kings to Remy’s two jacks and two nines. He collected his winnings in the pot and pocketed the chips. He picked up his almost empty beer and followed Remy to his office on the second floor. Remy went to a side table where he had Waterford crystal decanters filled with whiskey, bourbon, rum, vodka, and gin on a polished silver tray. He poured himself a single whiskey.

“You want a drink?”

“Not yet, thanks.”

“So, what is it you wish to discuss?”

“Weapon X. It’s been reopened.”

“Yeah, I heard about them grabbin’ da Sabretooth.”

“Thanks for takin’ my family, north.”

“No problem. So, what is it you want me to do?”

“Find what you can. I wanna stop these monsters from collection and harvesting of mutants. If they have reopened the program, you can bet they’ve got another secret network of labs to do their dirty work in.”

“Oui and we have to be quick.”

“If they have Victor, then they’ll come after me when they finish with him. If not, they’ll be after Rogue.”

“Par Dieu, je ne laisserai pas cela se produire,” (By God, I will not let this happen.) Remy spoke in French before he took a sip of more whiskey.

“I’ll need as much intel as you can gather and quickly. There isn’t time to waste here.”

“Oui, true dat. How is Marie?”

“We left New York to get away from Victor and that mess with her cat… And I have done a pretty good job of distracting her up until this point. She seems to be having a good time. I don’t know how she’ll react when she finds out we’re heading to her parents’ place when we leave here.”

“Then tell her… You know she will be mad at you if you keep secrets, mon homme.”

“Yeah, but then what kind of homme would I be if I didn’t get her mad at me so we could have make up sex later?” Logan peaked an eyebrow and gave a half smile. “How’s it with you and The Yellow One?”

“About as good as it can get. She’s been more hormonal as of late. I spend a bit more time down here in my club once I make sure she’s comfortable. It will be good for her and Marie to visit.”

“What’s it like man? You feel ready to be a dad yet?”

“No, but then what homme ever is? I’m takin’ one day at a time. Then laissez les bons temps rouler.” (Let the good times roll.)

“I’ve been wonderin’ here and there ‘bout what it’s gonna be like with Marie.”

“You’ll be fine. How long do you plan to stay in town?”

“I figure, until the ninth or so. Marie thinks we’re only staying a couple days. You and I can get things done while the girls bond.”

“Sounds like a plan, mon bon homme. Ya’ll can stay here with us. Our guest rooms are down the hall from my office.”


Small Kitchen
First Floor
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
6:00 A.M.

Lily couldn’t stand it. She had plenty to do for Xavier as far as cooking and planning meals but, she was homesick. She missed her professional kitchen back home in New Orleans. So, she got up and went to the kitchen where Lara was already up and pouring herself a cup of coffee. A couple of sugar cookies on a small white dessert plate awaited her at the small kitchen table by the window.

“Mornin’, sugah,” Lily spoke as she came into the kitchen.

“Don’t you try that sweet talk on me, Sister. I know something’s bothering you. Whatever it is, it’s kept me up most of the night,” she sighed. “So, spill.”

“Well damn, Sis. Ah didn’t mean to keep you up. Pour meh a cup.”

“Sure, you want cream?”

“Nah, ah need it black this mornin’.”

“So, what’s got you all worked up?”

“Ah think ah’m gettin’ homesick. Don’t get meh wrong, ah really appreciate Xavier for the job but, ah miss mah kitchen and staff.”

“I see.”

“And well, Logan’s not back yet and ah’m worried. What if he’s been taken?”

“I’m sure Xavier would inform us if someone captured him. But, there’s something else… I can feel it.”

“Ah… Ah can’t help but worry about what happened between Logan and ah when we were at the cabin. Ah saw somethin’… Ah touched his hand.”

“What did you see?”

“It was bad, Sis.”

“Can you share?”

“Ah can’t give details but ah saw death, catastrophe, and tragedy. Ah saw a lot of pain and Logan and Marie driftin’ apart. But then ah saw them gettin’ married.”

“Wow, you told Logan all this?”

“Yeah, sort of. Ah didn’t give him details because ah don’t know the people ah saw in the vision. And ah’m not gonna guess either. Ah just feel lahk they’re gettin’ close to the tragedy ah told Logan would come for Marie.”

“Would it help if we let Charles read your mind?”

“No, no, ah can’t let him in.”


“Let me into where, pray tell?” Charles Xavier asked as he came into the kitchen for some coffee.

“Nothin’,” Lily closed up the Pandora’s Box she’d opened. “Mornin’ Professor.”

“Morning, Professor,” Lara said as she watched Lily lock up her feelings.

“Good morning, ladies. I needed a pick me up this morning. I sometimes wonder if I could run the school without coffee.”

“Don’t risk it.” Lara laughed, “Professor, I think my sister here, has something to ask of you.”

Lara felt the kick to her shin below the table.

“Really? How may I be of service?”

“Ah need to go home. Ah’m gettin’ homesick.”

“I see. Well, if you were to leave the school you would be taking your life, and mine into your hands. Because if something happened to you, Logan would surely kill me.”

“Well, ah know that. Ah’ve been thinkin’ it over a lot.”

“So much so, she’s been keeping me up,” Lara added.

“Sorry, Sis. Ah was thinkin’, isn’t Mr. Le Beau down in Nawlins with his wahf, Jubilee?”

“Yes. What do you have in mind?”

“Ah was thinkin’… Let meh go back home until the Fourth of July. Ah promise to stay near Mr. Le Beau so ya’ll can keep tabs on meh. Then ah could come back on the fourth, in tahm for the party ah’m plannin’. Whaddya say?”

“I must discuss this with Mr. Le Beau and consult Logan.”

“Don’t do that, he’ll tell you not to let meh leave heah. But, do tahlk with your friend down south.”

“I must find out where Logan is. I can do so with Cerebro and return to you with a plan later this afternoon.”

“Sounds fine, ah’ll go pack,” Lily spoke, over eager to go.

“He hasn’t said you may go yet, Lily.”

“Ah know, ah know. Ah just wondered if it maht help meh calm down.”

“You’ll have to forgive her; she’s used to getting her way.”

“I quite understand. Just give me some time to make sure the coast is clear.”

“Tell you what, I’ll have Frank fly her down, when we get the go ahead from you of course,” Lara offered.

“I am away to my office. I will see you both later. I must take care of business,” Charles said as he grabbed a chocolate chip muffin to go on his way out of the small kitchen.


Headmaster’s Office
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
10:00 A.M.

Charles waited for the appropriate hour to text Remy on his cell phone. He sent a quick one off. Then he began to go over the requisition forms for Lily’s Fourth of July party for the school. Ten minutes later, his cell phone began to buzz on his desk. He picked it up and read the reply from Remy.

[No can do, mon bon homme. Wolverine in town with da Rogue until da 9th. Be happy to babysit after they leave. R.]

So, Logan was in town. Now he didn’t have to strain to use Cerebro to find the couple. He was glad to hear that the two couples were together. Charles wondered if Ms. Hart would wait for her brother to leave before he was able to sneak her in. Really, she would have to. There was no other choice.

‘Ms. Hart. Please come to my office as soon as you are available,’ Charles telepathically called to Lily.

About five minutes later there was a knock…

“Enter,” he called out.

Lily poked her head around the door.

“You rang?”

“Yes, please have a seat.”

“Sure thing. What’s up?”

“Logan and Marie are in New Orleans with Remy and Jubilee Le Beau.”

“Well slap mah grammaw. So, what do ah do now?”

“Remy has sent a reply with the rest of the announcement. He is more than willing to protect you when you go down south.”

“Ah can feel a but comin’ on…”

“However, you must wait until the ninth of June. They will be leaving town on that day.”

“Lahk ah said, ah’ll go finish packin’. Ah can wait…” Lily winked at him as she stood to go.

“I’ll notify Remy to expect a visitor in a few days,” he smiled. “Have a good rest of your day.”


Everett Labs
Underground
40 Miles South Of Uluru, Northern Territory, AU.
Near Fregon, South Australia, AU.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
10:00 A.M.

The alarm bells were going off in Victor’s mind. He was in the middle of a desert with no clothing on and a cold temperature of 65. It was warming to be in the sun after being on that cold metal table. However, too much sun exposure would be dangerous. But he didn’t know that since they had wiped his mind. He’d been wandering for about an hour with no sense of what time it was. He needed to find shelter, food, and a water source soon. He knew how to eat but not how to hunt… They took all his instincts away. The only thing he could remember was a few childhood memories. Memories of playing with a boy and a somewhat normal childhood but then something happened. A sudden headache happened and then a terrible scene came onto the projector of his mind of him murdering his brother Luther over a piece of pie. His father, Victor Creed senior, then dragged him off from the kitchen and chained him in the basement like an animal. He got drunk one night and systematically pulled out his son’s elongated feline teeth, and to a horrified Victor junior, they grew back almost instantly grew back. The poor boy begged for his mother to let him go, but she was afraid of what Victor would do to her if he found out his play toy was gone. He had a fierce and fiery temper… Especially when mixed with libation. So, she did not let him go.

Years passed while he was in the basement. They fed him very little. So one day, on a hunch, Victor gnawed off his own right hand and became free. He leaned against the wall as his hand regrew and he watched in awe. As the memory played on before his eyes, he watched as he murdered his parents. He had drawn and quartered them and buried them in the back yard. Heinous and bloody in nature, Victor couldn’t believe that he had done something so wickedly bad.


But you see… That was what Dr. Valerie Cooper wanted him to believe. That scene that Victor had just remembered was a tampered with memory to make him believe that he had always been prone to violence. They had wiped his mind of all his memories and mentally stored them deeply in his brain where they couldn’t be accessed by Victor. Only a mutant as powerful as Charles Xavier or Emma Frost could open the Pandora’s Box they created in his mind. When they created the walls to hold the memories, they put a kind of booby trap in place. If Victor ever tried to delve deeper into his memories, it would trigger a new kind of bloodlust to his conscious mind. Memories that had been tampered with to inform him that he had always been a monster. They wanted him to believe that evil was easy…
Chapter End Notes:
Feel like gettin' lucky? Review pretty please and see what the leprechauns bring!!!