Story Notes:
This is a sequel to Father Time's Gift.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi everybody! Here it is! The new chapter!

This chapter was brought to you by the FUBAR day I had this past Wed, Robert Miles, cheese bread, and the letter W.

Hope you enjoy it!
McCoy Residence
Washington, D.C.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
10:30 A.M.

Ororo was finally in her kitchen with a pad of paper and Marie’s book, on the phone with the Disney Wedding Event Manager, Tabitha Green. Her nickname was Tabby. She liked it because it reminded her of tabby cat kittens and she was a bit catlike in her mannerisms. She was so busy with things at the school or she would have called the same day like she told Marie she would.

“So is it all right that I entered them without their knowledge,” Ororo asked after telling her the ‘entire’ Logan and Marie story.

On the other end of the line Tabby dabbed a tissue in the corner of her eyes from the tears threatening to fall.

“Well as a matter of policy we don’t allow this kind of thing, but after that story, I think your friends damn well deserve a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding on us. Sorry, I didn’t mean to cuss. I’m getting better at not doing it. I’ll talk it over with my supervisor and get back to you.”

“That would be so wonderful. I would really like to surprise them. They have no idea. They both gave me permission to plan the ceremony and reception, and since I am the part of the wedding party, I have to do this up right.”

“I completely understand. What a great friend you are.”

“Ok, I’ll be expecting your call then. I’ll be home all day.”


Two hours later Ororo was back on the phone with Tabby.

“I told my supervisor Margaret. She called the-powers-that-be’s secretary and told her their story. Then Capri went, took the case to them, and they agreed. We are going to give them a custom lavish wedding and honeymoon. The only stipulation is that the wedding party will have to pay for their stay at the hotel of their choice. We will provide all transportation for the event. Oh and the Monorail is really cool.”

“Oh that is so wonderful, I am just beaming, can you tell?”

“Believe it or not, but yes I can.”

“Ok then, what do you need to get us started?”

“Well, to start, I need the complete guest list and an accurate address list so that we can send the announcements when the time comes. Then we can put together block of rooms for their guests. Oh and the date of the event.”

“Block? Is that like renting a whole floor? April 18th, 2012.”

“Something like that. We try to keep the wedding guests and party together so that everything is organized from the start and none of them have to come from six different hotels.”

“That’s a great idea. I’ll fax you the list right now. I’ve been working this morning on who should sleep where.”

“Great, which will help this process, go by faster. I’ll hold on.”


Ororo went to the counter next to the refrigerator and faxed the list to Tabby. She also faxed over the sleeping arrangements list.

“Ok, I sent them. There are twenty-six people listed.”

“Oop, my machine’s picking it up now. So, I will set aside a block of, according to this thirteen rooms. Eleven doubles, with two Queens, and a sofa, and one Honeymoon suite with one King. The last room on the block is mine. I’ve got my daughter coming to stay for spring break from school and she’s my helper. So you just worry about having the twelve rooms paid for.”

“Oh, how old is your daughter?”

“She’s eleven going on twenty one.”

“I’ve got a young one and he’s going on driving me nuts.”

“Well, I’m sure they’re both going to have fun at the parks.”

“What should I do if they decide to move the wedding date?”

“Just give me a call A.S.A.P. and I will fix everything. Once you return to me the Letter of Agreement, the date cannot be changed.”

“Oh I see.”

“Now I am assuming that you received the planning kit.”

“Yes and I’m delicately trying to get things from Marie to you to start planning. They’ve decided on the colors for the wedding. I need to take pictures of the swatches and email them to you. Oh hang on, I have another call.”


Ororo hit her flash button, as Hank came in looking for coffee.

“Hello?”

“’Ro, we need a favor.”

“Oh hi Marie. I’m on the other line with the wedding planner. What can I do for you?”

“Change the wedding date to April 14th. We still want 2012 though.”

“Why are you changing it to two days earlier? Are you sure?”

“Yeah, we are. It’s a… I heard it was good luck to get married on a Saturday. And this way we can send in our last separate tax returns before goin’ on our honeymoon.”

“I’ll update the rest of the guests and let the planner know.”

“Thanks ‘Ro, you are the best.”


She hit flash again and went back to Tabby.

“Tabby, that was Marie. She wants to change the wedding date. Just leave the April 18th, 2012. I am not about to change the date. I know Marie, she’ll want to change it back.”

“Now the guest accommodations, you have to guarantee a minimum number of room nights. We start with four nights for guests. The wedding guests pay for their own rooms at the Walt Disney World Resort Hotel at a discounted rate. I will be sending a sign-up sheet for any guests that want dual parks tickets for Epcot and Walt Disney World. They will be delivered to their rooms at the hotel. Childcare is available and in-room baby-sitting as well.”

“I think that will be great.”

“I will send out a photographer and videographer package for the couple to look at. I won’t have the Disney name on it so we can keep it a secret.

“Good, great. Oh dear, another call. Hang on,” flash button over.

“Hey ‘Ro, Logan here. I wanted to let you know we’re gonna have another small ceremony after the wedding, but before the reception.”

“Oh, what kind of ceremony?”

“Wedding of the colors, I think. It’s somethin’ Marie suggested and I like the idea. I think it’s about family traditions or somethin’. Anyway, I’m sure Marie will get back to you on that. I just wanted to call and give you a heads up for the planner.”

“Ok, I’ll see what we can do.”

“Thanks ‘Ro, you’re the best.”

“You’re welcome Logan,” flash over to Tabby...


“Sorry about that. That was Logan. He said they want to have a small ceremony after the wedding before the reception.”

“What kind of ceremony?”

“He said something about a wedding of colors… I have no idea what that means. Marie hasn’t told me what that is.”

“Fortunately, I do. It’s an old custom of marrying the families together. The wedding ceremony is for God, family, and friends. The wedding of the colors is the binding of the families.”

“Whoo, I’m glad you knew about it. Logan said Marie will probably get back to me on that.”

“Just for now we’ll host that at our wedding pavilion.”

“Where will the wedding be?”

“That my dear is up to the Fairy Godmother,” Tabby laughed, “Just kidding. I’ll have to see what is available and get back to you.”

“All right. I have to go start lunch. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have more news. Oh, when you send the invitations, make sure to put on it to keep the location a secret.”

“Sure, we don’t want anyone spoiling this. I’ll be waiting for your call. It was nice talking to you, Mrs. McCoy.”

“You too, Tabby.”


Boat House
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
11:00 A.M.

Logan decided to tackle the next portion of the movie about his life. He hoped that he could make it through at least two chapters. He and Marie were together on the couch. This time however, she wasn’t curled up next to him. He didn’t look at her to acknowledge that he could sense her doubt filled feelings. He assumed it would only make her feel worse. She sat in the far corner with her feet tucked in under her, with a cream colored fleece throw over her legs. He was on the other end with the remotes, one in each hand. He started the film where he left off, at the shot of the Canadian Rockies. He could almost hear the wind blowing past his sensitive ears. What did go by his sensitive ears was the spike in Marie’s heartbeat. He sensed her fear, wasn’t sure why. Was she afraid of what was coming next in the movie or was she afraid of how he would react to what was coming next? As he watched the next scene, he thought that the Logan onscreen looked like he hadn’t slept well the night before so he’d gotten up early that morning. The Logan on the couch understood his need to be alone when he needed to think. He cherished his time alone and always found his way back to Marie.

The man on the wall above the fireplace took the time to watch the sun rise over the rocky peaks. Then there was a woman, she’d asked him why he was up early. Logan figured he didn’t have the heart to tell her that he’d probably had nightmares. He had to admit she was beautiful, but he had no clue of the identity of the woman. The animal gave his approval that she was wearing one of his shirts. He watched himself kiss her good morning and wrap her in his arms. He suddenly smelled anger, spike in adrenaline, and he heard a heart rate jump. He didn’t think it was him. Logan looked over and knew Marie was oddly jealous of something. Could she be jealous of the woman on the screen? She had started that habit of hers when she was jealous, of twirling a lock of her hair three times around her finger and her eyes were narrowed. He paused it.

“What is it, darlin’?”

“Ah can’t tell ya.”

“Why not?”

“You’ve gotta discovah it for yourself, sugah. Ah cain’t tell ya that she did something very, very bad.”

“Okay, Marie. I can read between the lines,” his face a mask of irritation with the eyebrow arched.

Logan hit play and watched as he went to work at what looked like a logging site. He watched as the man tried to shrug the mysterious woman off and get to work. She called him back and kissed him harder than it looked like he’d expected. He took the ribbing as the truck took off to head up to the top of the mountain. Then the scene changed to Springfield, Ohio. He didn’t understand why that place held any significance in his life. Victor came onscreen again and the animal was angry again… So, it was Victor that killed the one called, Bradley. Logan was able to control the animal better this time, but he was still royally pissed at Victor. Then man turned animal roared to life as the scene changed and he woke up from a definite nightmare. Then he realized that he’d skewered the bed again. The unknown woman asked him if it was the wars and he answered with a quick nod. She asked which one and it clicked for Logan on the couch that she’d been talking about the scenes at the beginning of the movie. He’d been through four wars. Not to mention the two battles with the X-Men, Liberty Island and Alcatraz Island…


Post-nightmare Logan became conscious of the reality of the danger of his nightmares. The woman had an injury on her arm that he’d caused, almost further proof why the real Logan insisted on being cautious when it came to Marie and when the animal escaped control. And like Marie, both women shrugged off any injuries as if they were nothing. Neither one really understood that he couldn’t take the smell of blood on their bodies. He felt bad because he couldn’t heal either one, Marie more so because she wouldn’t let him heal her.

Logan watched the scene change back to the jobsite where he was apparently at one time, a lumberjack. The man on screen’s sensitive hearing picked up the signatures of the old Army jeep. Didn’t take him long to sniff out that Stryker had come for him. No real surprise to Logan that Stryker’s lackey, Agent Zero was with him. Stryker had come to give him a job, which he had turned down right away.

‘Not proud about how things ended between us! What a load of bullshit. So the mysterious woman was a school teacher, hmm. Hell, if I wanna live the simple life, leave me the hell alone, damn it,’ Logan thought as if he was talking back at the television.

Just by what Stryker said about Little House on the Prairie, Logan had a feeling that Stryker already had inside information about the location of his home, maybe even where to find the school teacher.

‘Well no shit, Sherlock. Of course someone’s hunting down the old team. I should give ‘em a metal for getting rid of that Wade guy. And for Bradley, his flying skills sucked. Your country needs you? Not that fuckin’ line again. Ain’t falling for it. Damn straight, I’m Canadian. Could that mean I was once American?’ Logan wondered.

‘Miss Kayla is it? Beautiful name, I’ll give her that. She has a pretty smile. Though not as gorgeous as my girl’s,’ Logan thought.

That little comment on the end earned him a slap on the shoulder. So, she was listening to his thoughts again… He wondered why her thoughts weren’t coming to him like his were to her. He turned his attention back to the screen as he watched as a father picked up his son and he watched himself in the car. He could tell by the look on the actor’s face playing him that he was considering fatherhood. He realized that he didn’t look too ready in his past. Maybe he was now?
Chapter End Notes:
How'd we do? Was it worth the wait? Well, review and send me a delicious treat and then hit next to read on! Thanks for your reviews!