Temptation:

As an avid appreciator of beautiful things, and given her present isolated state, she was in a mood to be gracious with the Man (Logan she reminded herself) and forgive him his untimely interruption. She was having a minor difference of opinion with herself on not viewing him as the ‘despoiler of her plans’. It was a disconcerting situation to say the least.

She was insanely drawn to the yellow trim and needed it beyond all that was measurable.

“Girl, what are you doing?” the Man asked. She looked from where her fingers worked to his pretty hazel eyes again.

“I have a name. And I need this ribbon.”

“That’s not ribbon. It’s trim. What did you need it for?”

She returned her attention to the trim. “I need it because I need it. It’s drawing me in.” She added the pleading look to her face, the one that was sure to gain his assistance and smiled brilliantly when she say that he was going to give her the pretty stripe. He lifted his hand and knives shot out of his hand.

He grunted violently and his hands started to bleed. Something passed over his eyes and he lifted his hand left hand to his neck, fingered the collar carefully. He groaned.

“Let me look at yours.” He told her. She leaned back wary, those were big knives sticking out of his hands. And knives hurt. A lot. But he was like her, a mutant, and he probably wouldn’t hurt her, hopefully. Throwing caution to the wind, which was something she had only a partial grip on anyway, she leaned forward and exposed the graceful line of her bruised beck to him.