Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another for your reading pleasure! Please be sure and comment and everything will be awesome!
Marie sat huddled beneath the branches of a tree. She’s long ago lost her grip on the sanity that she’d forced and now sought refuge in the greenery until Logan’s return. Fear gripped her as she tried to press herself further into the bark of the tree.

It wasn’t long before someone would stop and notice her there and she hoped beyond all that there was that it would be him.

The man with the red eyes was walking past her now, his uniform glistening in the sun. He took away the light where happiness should have been and turned it into something awful, something evil. She wanted to scratch his awful eyes out. To rip his skin from his bones and feast on his flesh. Eww.

Marie spit into the dirt at the thought of his taste. Worse that the Uglies she’d bet. She waited for Logan, longed for him. He would make her feel better, calm the crying voices in her head and help her find her way. He would keep the red-eyed one at bay.

He was coming back, walking in front of her hiding space and must have seen or heard her. The next thing is he’s pulling her from her space, trying to haul her somewhere away and she’s kicking and screaming and bad blood bad blood gone gone gone gone!

“Logan!”

She’s screaming and kicking and hollering and people are all around her. Hands all over her, his hands.

“Calm down, chere. It’s ok, you’ll be alright.”
“Let me go, let me go!” She’s screaming at the top of her lungs and then she hears footsteps, and the sing of the claws and suddenly she’s on the floor and crying and just happy that he’s come back.
Chapter End Notes:
Well?