Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Marvel, Mr. Stan Lee, and whomever else owns the X-men.

Thanks to all you wonderful reviewers. All Your kind words help to keep me writing, and brighten my day.
A special thanks to my beta Fiery Emerald Eyes for a great job.
Chapter 6


The first stop they made after leaving the motel was to head to a department store so they could get clothes and necessities for Rogue, and the kids.

Logan pulled to the far side of the small general store’s parking lot. Cutting the truck off, he stretched his neck, hoping to relieve some of his tension. He ran his hand down his face with a tired sigh. His body was tried from the past week of driving and cage fighting. Hearing the camper door open, he watched in the side mirror as Rogue step down from inside the camper. He noticed how her eyes critically examined everything around her before meeting and holding his gaze, giving him a small smile.


Knowing he had been spotted watching her and couldn’t put off the inevitable shopping trip any longer, he opened the driver side door and climbed out. He quirked a brow when Rogue stepped over to him and held out a piece of paper.


He knew he should have been paying attention to her words, but his mind had wondered off as he took in her scent. ‘Yep, still darn good.’ He purred to himself. Her scent mixed with his own made his mind fuzzy so it took a few moments for her words to penetrate. It was her words about some type of list that finally broke him out of his sensory observation.


“What’s this?” He asked as he took the small piece of paper from her, glancing down at it, before looking back to her with a frown.


Rogue rolled her eyes and sighed, but didn’t comment on his lack of attention. Shaking her head, she started again, “It’s the list of everything you’ll need to pick up for the kids and myself.”


“What do you mean, that I need to pick up? I don’t know anything about picking out children and women clothes. Why can’t you do it?” Logan scowled.


“I would, but the crowd is just too much for the kids right now. They’re not ready to be without me, so I’m afraid that leaves you.” Rogue shrugged. “Don’t worry I’ve listed everything and our sizes. The children section should be near the women’s clothes.


“Fine,” growling, Logan snagged the list from Rogue’s hand, and headed for the entrance of the store, grumbling all the way.


Grabbing a shopping cart, Logan surveyed his hunting ground, and spotted his first target. Avoiding the other customers, and scaring a few others out of his way, Logan found the kids clothing section. Looking down at the list, he scowled at the first item. ‘Size 4 girl underwear, size 6 boys.’ Lifting his eyes from the paper in his hand, Logan scanned the selection. A package of bright pink undies with teddy bears glared back at him, and wouldn’t you know it, they were size 4. Grumbling about how unmanly he felt about buying little girl underwear, he grabbed the pack, and tossed them quickly into the cart.

He was thankful when he found a pack of simple black underwear for boys in Nate’s size. Tossing two packs of basic white socks in the cart along with the underwear, Logan headed for his next target, clothes.


Logan was assaulted by a multitude of bright colors as he stared at the first rack of girl clothes. Feeling totally out of his depth, Logan groused, “You owe me big time, Chuck.”

Checking his list for Sally’s size, he shoved the list in his coat pocket and got to work. Not having any idea what a little girl would like, he just grabbed anything in the right size. Once he had at least a dozen shirts and pants tossed in his cart, he headed for the boy’s rack. Feeling a little more in control now that he had a plan of action, Logan quickly found Nate’s size and started filling his cart. Spotting some coats, Logan grabbed each kid one before continuing his shopping/hunting expedition.

Logan heard some giggling and looked to his right to see two women watching him clearly appreciative and amused, as he stood frowning confused down at two different bras in his hands. One was something called a push-up bra, and the other was a minimizer bra. Logan slowly cocked a brow at the ladies, then smiled and gave them a wink. Logan enjoyed watching the women get all flustered as they whispered about him. He chuckled to himself at the women’s comments that clearly he wasn’t suppose to hear, but his ego appreciated them all the same. Putting his attention back on his dilemma, he debated his choices. He was about to toss them both in the cart, when he spotted an emerald green satin bra and bikini underwear set. Putting the other two bras back, Logan grabbed the emerald green set, along with a blood red one and tossed them in with his other findings.

Quickly finishing the last of Rogue’s list, he headed for the checkout. After unloading his bounty, he tapped his foot impatiently wishing that the woman behind the counter would hurry up. Knowing if he continued to watch her scan each piece, he would likely snap. He turned to study the little odds and ends around him on the shelves near the checkout counter that offered shoppers last minutes items. Nothing really grabbed his attention so he was about to turn back to the cashier, hoping the woman was almost finished, when something bright and colorful caught his attention on the bottom shelve partly hidden behind his cart. Thinking the kids might like them, he grabbed two of the large coloring/activity books, and two large boxes of crayons and tossed them on the counter along with his other items.


Ten very long and annoying minutes later, the woman beamed at him all dreamy like and asked in a breathy voice she must have thought was sensual, but ended up making her sound like an asthmatic to Logan, “Is that all for you sir? I hope you found everything you were looking for. Can I offer you anything else?” Licking her lips, the woman leaned over slightly giving Logan a glimpse of her cleavage.


“Yeah.” Logan growled growing more annoyed. He just wanted to pay for his things and get the heck out of there.


“Yes, what can I offer you sir?”


“Those cigars there,” Logan pointed to the box of cigars he wanted, then growled, “And you could hurry. I’ve got kids waiting for me.”


The woman huffed miffed, grabbing the cigars and slamming them down on the scanner. “Your total is $405.34. Cash or credit?” The woman forced out.


Grabbing his wallet, Logan counted out $410.00, then tossed it down on the counter. Shoving his change in his pocket, Logan pushed his full cart out to the camper, thankful to be out of there. “It will be a long time before I stop at another department store, that’s for sure.” Logan grunted as he banged on the camper door. “It’s me, open up.”


Rogue eyed the numerous bags in Logan’s cart a little surprised, “Did you leave anything for the other customers?” She asked amused.


“Shut it and help me get this stuff put away.” Logan growled, still feeling out of sorts.


“No problem, Sugar.” Rogue said hiding her smile at the growling man. Something told her that Logan’s manly ego had suffered purchasing little girl clothes. However she was pleasantly surprised at the multiple choices. She figured he had just tossed anything in their sizes in his cart and so he could get the heck out of there. She was securing the toiletries items when she found the two coloring books and boxes of crayons. Smiling warmly, she looked over at Logan who was turning towards her after stashing the empty bags under the sink in the small kitchenette.


Feeling eyes on him, Logan turned to find Rogue smiling softly and warmly at him. His first thought was how much better he liked her soft and warm smiles than the women customers and the sale clerk’s lustful looks. Shaking the thought quickly from his mind, he reminded himself he was still annoyed at having to do the shopping. “What?” He tried to sound annoyed, cocking an inquisitive eyebrow for good measure.

“Has anyone ever told you how sweet and thoughtful you are?” Rogue asked continuing to grin at him.


His eyebrow seemed to climb even higher, while looking at her as if she had lost her mind.


Rogue held up the books and crayons with a look that dared him to refute her.


Logan’s annoyance eased, replaced with a warm, satisfied feeling. Clearing his throat, hoping it sounded more like a growl; but fearing it came out more like he was choking when he said, “Don’t make anything out of it. Saw them at the checkout and figured they’d like something to help keep themselves occupied. Plus it should keep them out of my hair.” Logan added quickly.


“Sure, Sugar.” Rogue replied her warm smiling turning into an amused smirk, before gathering up an armful of clothes for her and the kids to change into. She headed back to the bedroom area where the kids were waiting.


Logan stepped outside so Rogue and the kids could change, and give him a chance to enjoy a much needed cigar.


He was surveying the alleyway for any trouble when the camper door opened. Rogue stepped out with an armful of ratty and dirty clothes. Logan watched her curious as she stepped to a small dumpster out of sight, tossing the clothes inside.


Rogue turned back to notice Logan watching her, curiously as he smoked his cigar. She gave a small shrug, “Out with the old, an in with the new, a fresh start.” Her expression and tone giving a sense of absolute.


Logan didn’t say anything, but he nodded his head. Stepping up beside her, he tossed his mostly smoked cigar in the dumpster. Rogue smiled as they watched a flame grow, lapping at the clothes. She smirked at him as they walked back toward the truck. “I like your style, Sugar.”


Smirking back, Logan winked at her. “I like yours too, Darlin. Logan got that pleased fuzzy feeling again as Rogue smiled at him. “Anymore stops we need to make before we get going?”


“Just one more, I need to stop at the First National Bank.”


“You’re not going to rob it, are you? I don’t need to leave the truck running, do I?” Logan teased.


“Nah, not this time at least, but you never know about next time. I’ll keep you on your toes.” Rogue smirked as she climbed inside the cab of the truck.


Logan chuckled shaking his head, feeling more at ease than he could actually ever remember.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all enjoy. Feel free to review if you like.