Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own the X-men. I really wish I did, but that lucky Mr. Stan Lee, Marvel, and those other people though them up first. Sigh…

Hey everyone. I’m so sorry for the really long delay. Real life apparently has had it in for me lately. First my German shepherd mix doggy got out of her pin, and ran to the highway, which ended up with her getting hit. We didn’t think she was going to make it at first. Thanks to the good Lord, she did. However she was aggressive to the vet and the technicians, which was surprising. She has never shown that type of aggression before. She wouldn’t let them near her without being tranquilized. Thankfully the worse of her injuries was a dislocated hip and a small break in the hip area. We spent a week just going back and forth to the vets office. Then she had her surgery, and I’ve been focused on taking care of her. She’ll be getting her stitches out soon hopefully. Once life started calming down again, our phone line went out. Turns out that the phone company had been working on the lines and forgot to reconnected us. Which screwed up my network, and it has taken me until today to finally get everything worked out once again. I was about to scream and toss the whole thing out the window, but I was a good girl and reframed. Just barely… So now that I have bored you with my woe is me, I will shut up. I’m sorry that this chapter is so short, but I felt that I should at least get something out to all of you. I hope to have more soon. Thanks to all you wonderful people who have keep in there with me. Hugs all around.
Chapter 4


Logan knocked on the door to the motel room, while shifting one of the white plastic bags that held two of the four Styrofoam containers that held their breakfasts to his other hand.


Rogue’s southern voice called out softly, "Who is it?"


Hearing Rogue’s deep soft accent, Logan realized just how much and how quick he had come to liked her voice. It was as sweet as honey, and as smooth as a fine aged whiskey.


"It’s me, Logan. Breakfast is getting cold, open up."


"Hold on one moment."


Logan could hear fabric rustling behind the door, then the lock being undone. The door opened and Logan was greeted by the very surprising, but welcome sight of Rogue in nothing but a towel. His eyes slowly travel the length of her body, appreciating the view. He had to admit, that she was one beautiful woman.


"You coming in, or you just going to stand there staring all day?" She asked smirking at him, partly amused, while the other part thrilled that he obviously saw something he liked.


Logan’s eyes snapped to hers, and saw her eyes filled with amusement. He growled and glared back for her smart remark and her smirking. As well as to cover his being caught checking her out like some hormonal tomcat. He just hoped that she didn’t notice his body’s reaction to her. Hoping to distract her, he barked, "What are doing answering the door, like that?”, as he stepped inside, closing and locking the door behind him. Trying to push the thought of a fully naked Rogue from his mind.


Rogue was already taking the bags from him and sitting them on the small table, pulling out the Styrofoam containers.


Logan turned around to glare at her, expecting an answer, but was assaulted by a sweet honeysuckle smell that even the smell of grease and maple syrup didn’t cover. Both his chest and pants felt suddenly to tight. He took a deeper breath and realized it was Rogue’s natural scent he was smelling, and that smelt so intoxicating that he couldn’t help taking just one more deep lung full just to smell it stronger, before getting his body back under his control, and focusing on breakfast.


Logan glanced around the room to avoid looking at Rogue in her towel, hoping to find something to focus on, anything else beside her scent. It was then he realized that he didn’t see the kids anywhere. He was getting ready to asked about them, when Rogue called out.


"Come on out guys, it was only Logan."


Logan watched as the bathroom door opened, and Nate stepped out first holding tightly onto Sally’s small hand. Both kids where recently washed, and redressed into their dirty clothes.

Rouge smiled at the kids as they came out of the bathroom before opening one of the container and taking an appreciative deep breath. "Mm, it smells so good. Marty always did make the best breakfast." Rogue sighed. “Come on, and hop up on the bed guys." Rogue instructed cheerfully, hoping to get the kids to relax.


Once they did as she asked, she handed each one of them a container. "Dig in before it gets cold."


"Both of these are ours?" Nate asked with a hesitate frown as he saw how much food was in the container Sally had already opened and started digging into.


"That’s right kid. That one is all yours." Logan said giving Nate a small smile. "So go ahead and eat up."


"I’m going to step into the bathroom and get redressed, I’ll be right back, okay?” Rogue said looking at the kids calmly, but reassuring. “Holler if you need me, and I’ll be right there."


Nate glanced over at Logan quickly before looking nervously back to Rogue. “Okay.”


"Don’t worry Nate, you guys are safe, I’m just in the next room. I’ll leave the door cracked if want me too."


"Okay." Nate said again, but this time a little more relaxed, trying to be brave.


"You’re my brave little guy." Rogue said ruffling Nate’s hair affectionately with a soft smile. Then walked over and picked up the dirty fatigues off the other bed.


"Wait, Darlin, don’t put those on." Logan said before she could disappear into the bathroom.


Rogue turned to look at him with a confused frown. “It’s either these or the towel, seeing how I don’t have anything else to put on."


"I’ve got some sweats you can put on in the camper. Those things reek, Darlin." Logan said not wanting her clean and intoxicating scent to be covered up and mixed with the stench of the clothes she had been wearing.


"Okay, thanks. I wasn’t looking forward to putting them back on myself." Rouge said and smiled gratefully.


"No problem," Logan said pleased and surprisingly finding himself easily smiling back at her like he had with Nate. Logan headed outside to the camper glad to have a reason to get out of the room for a moment so he could clear his head. He was totally confused by his sudden and uncharacteristic behavior with Rogue and the kids. Sure he found Rogue beautiful and alluring, but he didn’t smile and offer the use of his clothes to women. He leered and grinned sensuously while offering to share his bed for a couple of hours before disappearing. And he sure didn’t try to make kids comfortable around him. In fact he usually tried to keep the kids at Chucks at a distances. It wasn’t that he didn’t care about the kids, but he just never felt that close or comfortable with them before. There was something about Rogue and the kids with her that pulled at something inside him, and to his surprise his instincts weren’t rebelling against it.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. I hope to have more out in the next day or so.