Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All rights belong to Stan Lee, Marvel, Fox, and whomever else owns rights to the X-men. I have not, nor will I ever received compensation for this story.

Just a short chapter. I know it beens awhile, but real life is kind of busy right now, so I can't update as often as I would have liked. Sorry. I hope this chapter helps tie everyone over for now. I hope you all enjoy. Best wishes to everyone! :)
Chapter 10


It took two hours for Logan to see that Rogue knew how to handle the truck and camper. Finally confident Rogue had things under control; Logan closed his eyes and allowed his mind and body to relax. Not one to let his guard down completely, he had only planned on dozing, just enough to let his healing recharge. However, his body had other ideas, twenty minutes later he was snoring sound asleep.


Rogue glanced over at her travel companioned and smirked. Poor man was exhausted. Logan was like no one she had ever met before. He was a man with a tough and brusque exterior, but it was obvious at least to her, that he had a gentle and caring side too, even if he did try to hide that side of him. She wondered if he even realized just how sweet he was toward Nate and Sally. She didn’t think so, and she was sure that if she said anything to him, that he would deny it vehemently, calling her crazy.


Shaking her head in bewilderment, Rogue, realized that she liked Logan. She was looking forward to getting to know him better. Something told her that Logan coming into her life had been fate. She didn’t know exactly what role Logan would take in her life, just that he would always be apart of her world now.

With a low groan from stiff muscles, Logan opened his eyes momentary confused and surprised to find the sun had long ago set, and a takeout bag lay beside him. Focusing on the sights around him, he saw that they were pulling into another camp ground, this one similar to the first one with johns and nearly empty as well.


Jerking his head around to glare at Rogue, he demanded "Where are we?" He didn’t recognize the place, which made him uneasy.


"We’re at Maple Grove Park, near Winnipeg." Rogue answered as the truck came to a complete stop. "I hope it’s alright with you, but I stopped by a drive-thru and picked up dinner. You were sleeping so soundly, I hated to disturb you."


"Drive-thru’s fine." Logan stated stunned that he had slept so deeply. That he hadn’t woken up during the entire seven hour drive or from the noise from the take-out joint. Normally he couldn’t sleep soundly with someone near him, especially a stranger. He eyed Rogue suspiciously as she stretched the kinks out of her neck, shoulders, and back. She caught him eyeing her with a frown and looked backed questioning.


"What’s wrong?"


"Did you drug me or do something to knock me out?" Logan asked sharply, making sure to check her scent for lies.


"Of course not! What type of question is that?" Rogue frown at him confused and a little miffed.


"I don’t sleep that deeply, especially with strangers around. I don’t even sleep that deep at Chuck’s." He stated still eyeing her critically.


"Well you must have been more exhausted that you thought. I didn’t drug you or do anything to you.” Rogue shrugged. “However, I’m not surprised you don’t sleep that deeply at Charles, with your sensitive hearing, and all the kids running around the place. It’s even a wonder you get any sleep at all." Rogue said as she started digging around in the large take out bag.


Not smelling any lies on her, Logan relaxed, grunting his agreement at her words. "It is like a zoo around there, with all the noise and smells. The girl’s dorms especially, it’s nothing but an over load to the senses."


"Spend a lot of time there do you?" Rogue asked with a quirked eyebrow in his direction, and a hint of amusement twinkling in her eyes.


"I stay as far away from the girl’s dorms as I can get, but I’m the one who Chuck get’s to fix things around the place. I use to think the boys where bad for breaking things, but the girls out do the boys when it comes to destroying things." Logan answered taking the two burgers, the large fries and onion rings, Rogue handed to him. He quirked his own brow at her amused smirk and muffled chuckling, as she kept her face down as she continued to dig through the bag for the kid’s meals.


"What’s so funny?" He asked curious to what he had said that amused her.


"Did it ever occur to you, that the reason the girls are always breaking things, is so you’ll come and fix them?" Rogue questioned, her eyes a lit with mirth as she gazed back at him.


"You’re saying they’re doing it on purpose?" Logan frowned confused.


"Sure, at least some of them; I’m not saying all of them are doing it. I’m sure some things really do break or clog or whatever with wear and tear, or because of an accident. I just wouldn’t doubt a good number of them are hoping to get a chance to watch you work." Rogue explained smiling amused by Logan obviously never having even considered the thought a possibility.


"Why?" Logan asked even more confused to what went through a teenage girl’s mind.


"Come on Logan, surely you realize that at least some of these girls have to have crushes on you. You’re their fantasy man." Rogue giggled, and then winked playfully, before climbing out of the truck with the kid’s and her dinner. "You’re welcome to eat with Nate, Sally, and I." Rogue offered still smiling as she turned to look back at Logan, then closing the door.


Logan was still contemplating over what Rogue had just told him. He frowned and shivered at the thought of all those girls and how they were always staring at him. He had just passed it off, but now he was starting to understand what they were doing, and why they always smelled infatuated.


He always thought they were infatuated with some actor or rock star in those magazines they were always looking at when he came to fix something. He hadn’t realized it was him, they were fawning over.


Pushing the unnerving thought aside, Logan climbed from the truck. After taking a good stretch, he grabbed his food and headed for the camper. Another unusual for him, he didn’t want to sit up front alone and eat, when he could be eating with Rogue, and the kids.
Chapter End Notes:
Feel free to review. Thanks for reading even if you don't. :)