Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All rights belong to Mr. Stan Lee, Marvel, Fox, and whomever else owns the X-men. I have not nor will I ever receive compensation for this story.

Warning: I just wanted to let you all know that Logan is somewhat OOC in this story, and if that bothers some of you, then I am sorry, and advise you to pass it on. However, I at least hope most of you will give it a try. Feel free to read and review, as long as you do it with respect. Now onto the show!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone. I know it's been awhile since I posted anything on here, but I'm back. Feel free to read and review, just please do it with respect even if you hate the story.
Chapter One


"Hello Logan," Charles greeted after Logan’s usual greeting of, "What’cha need Chuck?"


"I was wanting to know if you we’re returning to the school any time in the near future?"


"You’re the telepath, you tell me?" Logan grunted sarcastically, pressing the cell phone to his ear as he dug into his pocket for some money to throw down on the bar to pay for his beer, before heading out to his truck to find a motel for the night.


"You know that I do not read your mind without your permission, Logan. Now it is a different matter altogether, when you project your thoughts as you often do. However, I have no idea of what your future plans are." Charles stated knowing of Logan’s dislike of telepaths, but also knew Logan held a certain degree of respect for him and Jean.


"Yeah, yeah." Logan grunted, as he climbed into his truck. "I was taking my time making it down that way. Why? There a problem? Scooter falling down on the job?" Logan asked with a smirk.


"No Logan, Scott is quite efficient with his role as team leader, as well as his duties to the school. I was calling to request a personal favor, if I may? Scott and Jean are away at the moment, visiting a possible new student and her family."


Logan cut the engine to his truck, after pulling in front of the cheap motel, that was not far from the bar he had just finished cage fighting at. He was curious to what Chuck wanted, seeing how the man rarely called him while he was away from the mansion, especially for a personal favor. A favor for the school, a mission, or in protecting a new mutant, yeah, but not usually for himself.


"Exactly what type of favor?" Logan asked remaining in his truck for the moment.


"If you are willing, I need for you to request a former student to return to the school, and provide transportation for her."


"It can’t wait for Scooter to return with the jet?" Logan frowned wondering why Chucked wanted him to do it. This was definitely more in the lines of Scooter’s job description.


"I’m afraid there are some unresolved feelings between Scott, Jean and the young woman. I am hoping that she will be more receptive of the request coming from you. She will most likely refuse, but it is important that she return."


"Why don’t you just call her yourself, and tell her you want her to come back?" Logan asked with a confused frown.


"Unfortunately, I do not have a way of contacting her personally, it has only been just recently that I was able to locate her whereabouts."


"You can’t reach her from that big round room of yours?" Logan asked a bit surprised.


"I’m afraid not, she is able to block me telepathically."


"She isn’t another Bucket head, is she?" Logan growled.


"No, Rogue’s mutation is quite complex, and severe, but she is not like Magneto." Charles stated seriously.


Logan heard the underlining sadness in Chuck’s serious voice as he spoke about the woman’s mutation . Making him curious to just what mutation the woman had, if Chuck was distressed over it. "What exactly is her mutation?"


"Rogue’s mutation is her skin. She is unable to touch anyone with her skin without harming whomever she is touching, and if she were to hold on long enough, then killing them. If anyone comes in contact with it, she draws their life force from them along with imprinting their personality, thoughts, and memories inside her mind permanently. With mutants she also gains their mutation for a period of time. With humans the pull is deadly immediately. With mutants, there is a brief time, before the pulls becomes deadly." Charles stated with great pain and sadness. He wished he had been able to help Rogue learn some control when she had been at the school.


Logan couldn’t think of any worse mutation, and he had seen and heard of almost ever type of mutation out there, especially since starting to help out around the school, and picking up kid’s just coming into their powers.


"Not that I don’t want to help you, Chuck, but you know me, I’m not the diplomat type or the patient type. If you’re so sure she’s going to refuse, might be best to wait for the jet, then send Storm, or even Hank."


"It maybe a day or two before Scott and Jean are able to return, I’m afraid time is of the importance. Rogue is not known to stay very long in one location. There is also the matter that there has been some reports of the government becoming more active in that area over the last couple of years."


"You’re afraid of the government getting their hands on her, aren’t you? Her ability to kill just by touching would make for the prefect assassin." Logan growled out upset just at the possibility. He knew that the X-men where still to wet behind the ears to handle a serious government assault. Sure they were getting better at raiding labs, but most of them were poorly guarded. Logan knew that if the government knew of this Rogue person and was after her, they’d be better prepared.


"I’m afraid so, Logan. Rogue is a special young woman, and is very dear to me. I am afraid for her safety. I’m asking you as a friend to make contact with her, and convince her to return to the mansion."


"I’ll do what I can Chuck, tell me what I need to know." Logan said agreeing. Logan agreed, not only because Charles was a friend, and he also felt like he owed him for his help in trying to retrieve Logan’s long forgotten past, but also two, he knew what it was like to be at the mercy of the government, and he didn’t want this girl to suffer a similar fate if he could somehow prevent it.


"Thank you Logan, I am in your debt." Charles stated greatly relieved Logan was agreeing to go after Rogue. He knew that if the government made an appearance, Logan would be better apt to protect Rogue, and get her back to the mansion safely.


"I haven’t done anything yet, Chuck. I’ll do what I can, but I can’t make any promises." Logan stated knowing there was a possibility the government could already have her, or if Chuck was right she could already have moved on.


"That is all I can ask, I know you will do your best." Charles stated, then went on to give Logan a description of Rogue, and her location.


The location Chuck gave him was only a ten hour drive away. So instead of getting the motel room as he had planned, Logan pulled back out onto the road, figuring if he drove all night he could be there by morning.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all enjoyed the beginning of my next Rogue and Wolverine adventure. Until next time....