Author's Chapter Notes:
Just have to get this out there. Might start out wrong for us Wolverine lovers out there but I promise it will move along to the right place
Rogue stared at the image in the mirror, she saw a young woman with openly naive eyes and pale smooth skin but who was looking back? Was it Rogue, the spunky but shielded mutant? The one that even the most powerful mutants kept at bay for fear of her power. Or was it Marie, the easygoing girl who simply wanted to be kissed and held and not to be feared by the ones closest to her? Or was it someone else entirely? The voices in her head were struggling for the forefront place in her consciousness, like the angel and devil on each shoulder she could hear the Wolverine and Magneto bickering about each decision she made. Even now they both supported their respectively favorite Rogue/Marie part of her personalities. The only quiet voice was David. He simply observed with sad eyes.

Rouge took charge and shook of the intruders and put on her gloves before stepping out of her room. The day was just starting and she had classes.

When lunch came around she was sitting at her regular table when Bobby and Kitty came over and simply sat down and continued talking about the last class they had with Scott Summers. Their voices where like a humming around her. They didnīt even notice that she wasnīt participating in the conversation.

When she got up and left the table Bobby simply smiled at her and squeezed her hand affectionately. What a super boyfriend he was. He stuck with her when they couldīt touch or kiss. He stuck with her when he could be with someone like Kitty. He stuck with her even though he didnīt know her biggest secret. She however was not a super girlfriend. She stuck with him when she knew he would be better suited with someone like Kitty. She stuck with him when she would rather be with someone else. And she stuck with him without sharing the secret.

With a deep sigh Rogue turned the corner into her corridor and stopped dead in her tracks when she bumped in to someone. As someone who spent a long time avoiding touch the sensation of another body against hers was painfully pleasant. She put her hand out steady herself and got in contact with solid muscle. Warm, solid muscle. His hands grabbed her arms for the same purpose and her heart fluttered

"Woah. Easy there girl. This is not a race!" His voice was honey sweet and he was smiling before he saw who he was holding in his hands. When his gaze met hers (At least she thought it did) his smile faded and his hands dropped like she was burning lava.

"Oh Rogue I…ahh… be careful." Scott used his teacher voice but it was laced with uncertainty. He was not comfortable being this close to her. Little Magneto huffed indigently and her personal Wolverine growled at his nemesis. Marie got tears in her eyes and looked down at the floor.

"So sorry Mr Summers. Ah was thinking about something else." Even Rouge could hear the tears in her voice and she mentally kicked herself.

"Ah mean Ahīll be more careful. Didnīt mean to bump in to anyone and rub them the wrong way." This time there was more than tears in her voice. This time he could hear anger and hurt mixed together. He examined her more closely. Her head was downcast but her eyes were looked into his with a smolder he had only ever seen when a woman was really angry or really… no no not Rogue. She was angry. And she was hurt. He had seen the tears. He reached out to touch her but hesitated just the slightest moment and her head snapped up with a roaring accusation in her face.

He saw her compose herself before she rounded him and stalked away. when she had taken a few steps she stopped and turned around. Her stare caught him by surprise.

"You should really watch where youīre going to Mr Summers. You never know where you might end up." Her voice was soft and seductive, unlike her body witch was rigid and strong. When she turned once again he watched her leave. The easy rolling of her hips as she walked away. His thoughts took a different turn as his compassion turned to admiration for the strong young woman that had so much to carry.
Chapter End Notes:
Next one coming soon. Love reviews!